[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fur trap and hunt for food, thus I kill a lot of animals. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
I fur trap and hunt for food, thus I kill a lot of animals. I want to make a knife out of the blood of my enemies so to speak. How do I extract iron from their blood?
>>
Dilution by magnetic filtering.
Although you'll need a looooooooot of blood to make a knife from blood. And the extraction process will probably take time as well.
>>
>>7974129
About .01% of the body is comprised of iron. So assuming you find a 150 pound man, you'd get around 6-7 grams of iron. so you could make a really small dagger. Like really really small. As for the actual amount of iron you need to make a knife of any particular dimension, i am not sure, but you will surely need more than 7 grams
>>
>>7974143

Can it be done /diy/, or do I need expensive science equipment?

>>7974149
I'm asking how to extract iron and you literally could not or chose not to comprehend my question. I already know how much iron I need to make a sword and on average how much iron I could get out of a deer or bear.
>>
That's dumb. You're dumb.
>>
>>7974129

>Knife

>>7974182
>Sword

What's next, a Zweihänder?
>>
File: Anm.gif (1MB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
Anm.gif
1MB, 480x470px
>>7974209
>74209▶
>>>7974129 (OP)
>>Knife
>>>7974182
>>Sword
>What's next, a Zweihänder?

I would like to make a 500kg iron hammer, only the most carbonated iron please
>>
>>7974129
>food
>enemies
You have greater problems than getting iron for a knife, Anon.
>>
>>7974129
Why not just make a bone handle
>>
>>7974129
Well, apparently there are 4 atoms of iron per hemoglobin, and the mass of hemoglobin per liter of human male blood is approximately 160g/L. Of this mass, the percent mass of iron is about 0.340 %, or a ration of 0.00340. So the mass of iron in blood is about 0.554g/L. Assuming a lossless extraction process, to create a knife of 500g from blood will take approximately 902.5 LITERS of blood. Assuming that a deer has 5L of blood, it will take 180.5 deer in completely lossless processes to obtain enough iron.

I like animals, please do not kill that many.
>>
>>7976188
This.

The actual amount of iron in blood is too low to make it a worthwhile extraction. Also, the iron is not metallic but atomic and bound in protein globins. There are ways to lyse the cells though and at least free the Iron into solution -- like plenty of hemolytic bacteria do.

I'm also thinking that maybe an acid/heat treatment to denature the proteins, then some sort of phase separation might work with a reagent to bind Iron and mobilize it to an organic phase. But of course this would be purely for the chemistry. The yield would be excruciatingly low.
>>
>>7976188
Deers have a lot more than 5 litres in them.
>>
>>7976517
Assuming 9% blood by weight. Assume a buck of 65kg. 9% of 65 kg is 5.85kg. A conversion factor of 1060kg/m^3 is the density of blood. 0.005518868M^3 of blood. This is then multiplied by 10^6 to get cubic centimeters. There are 1000cm^3 per liter. This yields 5.5L of blood in a buck. Repeat the calculations for a doe and I bet you will be close to an average of 5.25L.
>>
>>7974129

drag a rare earth magnet through the corpse
>>
>>7974129
wow what a lying faggot...

oregon, here. i'd love to meet you out in the woods someday, only, you never go out in the woods OP..
>>
File: 1398787732403.png (258KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
1398787732403.png
258KB, 351x364px
>>7974129
>How do I extract iron from their blood
Kill a dozen of your enemies, burn them to ashes, carefully pour their ashes into a crucible, heat that crucible to very hot, and collect the iron at the bottom?
>>
>>7976561
Kek
>>
>>7974129
lol that guy is overweight with bad complexion

high blood pressure and clogged arteries

probably dick doesnt get hard so he lives innawoods to pretend hes a man

should be vegan
>>
Animals aren't your enemies you reddit tryhard fuck
>>
thats pretty metal
>>
>>7976188
>it will take 180.5 deer

Jesus. That's about as many deer as I've killed in my entire life time of hunting.

OP's iron will oxidize before he has enough.
>>
>>7976639
>heat that crucible to very hot
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.