/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is being happy for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

How bad is being happy for you?

Take a look at these brainscans, Left is someone doing something they enjoy doing (irrespective of which activities were studied, such as watching movies, playing sport, talking with friends), Right is someone abusing cocaine.

Notice that the cocaine user doesn't even generate near the amount of chemicals in his/her brain than the one doing an enjoyable activity (red indicates higher concentration)

Should we be regulating entertainment to limit this effect? Kids nowadays are growing up with access to so much happiness that their brains are literally flooded with chemicals, ending up worse than cocaine addicts.
>>
> Brain activity is bad for you.
You should stop all your brain activity, it's bad for you :^)
>>
>>7973775

Well, thinking itself also promotes the growth of high-grade gliomas.

http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2015/04/brain-tumor-growth-stimulated-by-nerve-activity-in-the-cortex.html

This might also explain why men are at slightly greater risk for these kinds of cancers than women.
>>
>>7973803
> A research says nerve activity in the cortex grows ALREADY EXISTING tumors.
oh wow, if I ever get a tumor I should stop using my head so it can grow more comfortably.
Also how does that relate to your argument ? You need to stop every kind of activity in the cortex, not just happiness. So you need to turn yourself into a vegetable so that a tumor doesn't turn you into a vegetable.
>>
I got brain tumor from this thread
>>
>>7973811
that wasnt me, im not talking about tumors, im talking about addict behaveyour.
>>
>>7973901
Was that misspell intentional....
>>
>>7973901
How did you jump from happiness to addictive behaviour ? Incase you're talking about addictive substances than yeah, don't do cocaine.
>>
>>7973938
you can see from the scans

>>7973913
no, i hit the wrong key
>>
>>7973974
an addiction implies tolerance and withdrawal though. are those always occurring regardless of the user?
>>
>>7973974
so are you saying that because they both show responses in the same region of the brain they both are equivalent. now i dont know much about the brain or the effects of chemicals on the body, but i would think that there is more to addiction than just the region of the brain which the chemical stimulates. by that i am just appealing to the fact that just because two things look similar in one aspect doesn't mean that they are necessarily the same. (not the guy your were replying to btw)
>>
File: benis.png (452KB, 1315x914px) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
452KB, 1315x914px
>>7973771

benis :D
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.