[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YY pairing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Chromosome.jpg (388KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
Chromosome.jpg
388KB, 1000x688px
XX = male
XY = female
YY = yo wuddafuck

Seriously, what would the result be? I mean, i know it's not possible, but what would happen? I've heard that you need the X chromosome to live. But, still... would you just be a lifeless blob? something would be created, but i have no idea what...

your thoughts, /sci/?
>>
>>7973719
You've got it backwards.
XX = female
XY = male
>>
YY results in spontaneous abortion. It doesn't live.
>>
>>7973719
It is impossible, but if it happened my guess is that the zygote (embryo) would not be viable. It would prematurely die and be expelled from the womb (in the form of a cell).
>>
>>7973724
oops, didn't notice
>>
>>7973719
A human without an X chromosome would not be viable and would not be carried to term.
That said, a multitude of other sex chromosome combinations are possible, and result in people that are sometimes called "intersex" because they can exhibit characteristics of either gender.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disorders_of_sex_development
>>
>>7973719
>what would the result be?

To my knowledge it isn't possible for a YY pair to happen naturally, and if it is possible then it's lethal. You can get XYY and a few other combinations.
>>
File: Meiotic_non-disjunction[1].jpg (35KB, 989x299px) Image search: [Google]
Meiotic_non-disjunction[1].jpg
35KB, 989x299px
YY is possible in theory if the mitosis fucks up in both the male and the female, so the male gives two Y and the female gives nothing.
But since I don't think it's ever been observed it probably means it's fatal
>>
>>7973742
I meant meiosis, not mitosis.
>>
>>7973719
Wouldn't be possible, there's a ton of important genes on the X chromosome and deleting them would completely fuck the organism
>>
You can't live with only Y chromosomes. The X chromosome is the "important" one, you could say the "default". The Y chromosome is like a modifier that makes a male, it doesn't contain nearly the amount of genetic info that the X does. You could live with only an X (turner syndrome) but not only a Y.
>>
>>7973742
If I remember correctly, it has been observed. And yes it's fatal. The explanation is that X is 3 times larger than Y and contains a lot of vital information that you can't live without while a single X or an X and a partly cut X is enough to live(Turner's syndrome).
>>
>>7973804
This. You can have really any arrangement of chromosomes (albeit leading to irregularities of the offspring in cases other than XX or XY) as long as there's an X chromosome. XXY, XXX, XXYY, etc.

The Y chromosome contains the genetics necessary for male sexual differentiation from an ambiguous, developing human. A human embryo with only two Y chromosomes will be lacking a lot of essential code in the X chromosome, and will therefore be unviable.
>>
>>7973719
You lack a basic understanding.

X is the base chromosome, it is what make us.

Now imagine you are god and you get bored of your retarded monkey creatures so you code up patch 2.0 and deploy to create your superior monkeys.

That is the Y chromosome. It overwrites the X chromosome in some parts so that the ones with the Y chromosome are inherently superior.

That is why

XY = male
XX = female
YY = nothing, this is just a patch. It is not a standalone project.
>>
>>7973850
You lack a basic average IQ. Overwrites? Thefuck am I reading.
>>
>>7973890
You are in the womb, only the X chromosome acting on you, you develop your nipples because of it, and after a few weeks the Y chromosome starts acting you.

It overwrites all of your sexual development and that is why men have penises, you moron.
>>
File: piggyback.gif (3MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
piggyback.gif
3MB, 360x270px
lethal in embryogenesis, as others have said
/thread
>>
>>7973719
>i know it's not possible,

It is possible though. Uterus transplat is already a thing. XY intersex women are already a thing.

They wouldn't develop properly or become a human in the womb
>>
File: Nuka-Cola Pudding.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Nuka-Cola Pudding.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
>>7973895
ah, I think you mean "overrides", not "overwrites"
"overwrites" means that Y genes would be spliced in in place of X genes, whereas "overrides" just means that the Y changes the effects of X genes.
words are important, k?
>>
>>7973742
YY is also possible if a woman with XY chromosomes reproduces with a XY man.
It is possible to be a XY woman if the SRY gene on the Y chromosome migrates on the X chromosome because of a crossover during the meiosis of her father's spermatozoa.

But yeah Y chromosomes are basically degenerated X chromosomes with an additional SRY gene, so a YY combination wouldn't develop beyond the embryo stage.

The SRY gene is responsible for starting the gene chain that leads to testosterone production.

Sorry if some of the technical words are incorrect, I didn't learn this in English.
>>
>>7973719
1. It's XX= F and XY= M
2. They are not the same in size nor function you fucking retard
Ever heard of Kleinfelter's? Look it up
3. YY will get aborted, and that's implying it could ever mathematically happen without some serious epistasis fuckery
>>
XX = Male
XY = Female
XYY = Klinefelter syndrome
Xx = Fragile X Syndrome
XXX = Triple X Syndrome

There are many more that idk about
>>
X chromosome contains critical genes. If you don't have it, you dead long before your mother even knew she was pregnant.

XYY is master race by the way. All important men in history have been XYY.
>>
>>7974979
Mistake in kleinfelter it's XXY
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.