[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the comfiest field of math and why is it topology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: triple torus.png (86KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
triple torus.png
86KB, 500x352px
What is the comfiest field of math and why is it topology?
>>
What is the objective of topology?

when i learn this what am i able to do?
>>
>>7972711
Topology can be thought of abstracting the notion of limits and "closeness" in calculus. It allows you to extend these ideas to in different ways to spaces more exotic than standard Euclidean space.
>>
>>7972723
intersting.
>>
>>7972654
No that would be number theory and yes, it's oh so comfy.
>>
>>7972711
>when i learn this what am i able to do?
Collect footstamps. It's utterly useless, for basicly anything irl.
Super interesting though
>>
Nah, Algebra is the comfiest.
>>
>>7972730
Footstamps?
>>
>>7972654
It's topology because it's probably the slowest moving field in all of modern mathematics. Topologists do nothing but "get comfy."
>>
>>7972711
You can pack your bags and graduate to doing functional analysis
>>
>>7972730
So Topologists are NEETS? Makes sense that they would be the comfiest, then.

>better get back to work on that lit review, wagie
>that paper Professor Sheckelstein and his golden boy want to get first author on isn't going to write itself
>>
>>
>>7972765
>>
>>7972654
Because doodles count as proofs
>>
fuck off autisticunt
>>
>>7972654
How can a field be "comfy"?
>>
>>7973324
everyone knows it's true
>>
>>7973387
Maybe if you threw some nice scatter cushions in it
>>
Comfiest is probably group/ring theory
>>
>>7972654
Well, topologists do like soft arguments, which kind of supports your claim.
>>
>>7972654
Because graph theory is too computational to meet the freedom that is abstract mathematics.
>>
Probability
>>
File: lesbian_topology.jpg (86KB, 712x279px) Image search: [Google]
lesbian_topology.jpg
86KB, 712x279px
>>7972654
Topology is pretty dank desu
>>
Statistics. Get into data science and easily get a high paying job where you basically don't have to do shit. I mean you have to get at least a masters degree which wouldn't be that easy, but afterwards you can forget about 90% of the shit you learned cause the ones you do analyzing for don't know shit
>>
>>7972654
That's not trig...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.