[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much sleep does /sci/ need?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

7 hours but probably need more...
>>
I need 9 to 12 hours a day, seriously.

I kinda dislike reality and really rather enjoy my lucid dreams. Even when they are nightmarish or horrible, it's better than reality.

I work 12 hours a day and it's serious, physical effort. I consume a ton of caffeine.
>>
>>7964501
It depends. I can sleep less than two and spend all day running around and swimming (like yesterday), with energy to spare after. Or I can sleep nine and still be fuzzy (most often after I didn't do anything the day before, because then that much sleep isn't good for you).

Not being a coffee addict sure helps your sleep and energy levels, though.
>>
>Image related

Well, I regulary sleep 6 hours because I sleep very late and I have to wake up early but when I don't have the need to wake up that early I sleep rather 10 hours or more.
>>
8 hours to feel good, 4 hours to not feel like death
More than 8 and I feel less rested than just getting 8.
>>
>>7964528
I feel like <3 makes you feel like you napped
3-5 is literal hell when you wake up, jerked right out of the beginning of REM sleep and you'll be tired all day
5-7 is less than ideal, but pretty okay
7-9 is the ideal
>9 and you were very tired or you're well on your way to NEEThood
>>
>>7964501

It depends from how heavy training and studying phase is going on. So normally this would be something like 9-10 hours a night. When I'm taking a few day pause from gym and studying, I eventually get it down to 7-8 hours. I never wake with an alarm clock.
>>
File: How-much-sleep-we-really-need.jpg (196KB, 700x1751px) Image search: [Google]
How-much-sleep-we-really-need.jpg
196KB, 700x1751px
>>7964501
>>
6 hours normally. Feel rested, but a little groggy after being awake 2 hours. Then normal rest of the day. No grogginess if slept 7 hours, 30 mins.
>>
File: 1455831716469.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1455831716469.gif
2MB, 235x180px
10 to feel great
9 to feel good
8 to feel rested
7 to be fully functional
6 to be able to form coherent sentences
5 to be able to shuffle around all day
4 to be able to not puke everywhere

God I hate school.
>>
>0-4
feel alright but can't concentrate well
>4-6
almost fully functional but will get random periods of intense tiredness which I need to sleep off (15-30 min nap)
>6-7
optimum
>7+
feel more tired than I would with less sleep
>>
0-3 and I'm a zombie, almost no higher brain functions
4-5 for functionality but difficulty focusing and many small mistakes
6-7 for full functionality but tiredness
8+ for full functionality
10 is the maximum my body will let me sleep if healthy
>>
Been running on 2-3 hours a night for about 3 weeks now, mind is okay (memory and concentration suffering but cognition is fine) but I can feel my body shutting down. Aches and pains everywhere, old injuries that I haven't felt in years starting to hurt, etc. Sometimes I have trouble finding the right words and the center of my chest (one of my old injuries) hurts whenever I cough or lift something with my arms. Some trouble telling the difference between dreams and reality, but only after the fact (I remember having a dream where I cut myself shaving and was very confused later that day when I realized that I not only didn't have a cut on my face but had a week's growth of hair)

I would say ask me anything but I'm going to sleep now.
>>
>>7964501
Over spring break all I did was stay home and play videogames, study, or sleep. I got around 4.5-6 hours of sleep a day and I felt great.

But whenever I have school, I can get 10 hours of sleep and still feel like shit. Not sure if it's the social activity or what but something about going to school just destroys me.
>>
>9 and I feel like a groggy sack of shit all day
7.5-8.5 is ideal for me.
5.5-6.5 I feel like a groggy sack of shit all day
3.5-4.5 actually feels fine every once in a while, but repeated nights like this will get me all spaced out and shitty, with zero concentration.
<2 feels "refreshing", but you've basically pulled an all nighter with an asterisk.

Most nights I'm in that 7.5-8.5 sweet spot, but I'll go high on some weekends and will aim for the 3.5-4.5 sweetspot some weekdays when shit is due.
>>
>>7964781
>mfw I sleep like an infant
>>
What a bunch of bitchasses in this thread.

Your sleep schedules basically mean that you all go to bed before 00:00 and wake up after 08:00, which then again means you guys are unproductive, boring, NEET pieces of shit.
>>
>>7964501

Lel. I sleep for 3 hours everyday and get the best grades without studying.

Brainlets
>>
>>7967060
>when will they learn
>>
>>796450

sleep about 5-6 hours during work days, 9-10 hours during weekend
>>
I don't sleep.
>>
4-6 hours on average, but then I nap during the day.
>>
3-4 weekdays
6-8 weekends.
>>
7.5 every goddamn night
unless im hungover or sick
>>
i sleep about 9-12 hours every day and i'm absolutely tired all the time.
>>
Slept ~1hr last night, and i'm functioning fine at 20:00. Amphetamine is a miracle.
>>
>>7967687
Try sleeping less
>>
Sometime's a shuffle into an exam on 3 hours of sleep and do incredibly well, no distraction, no extraneous thoughts. Sometimes on 3 hours sleep I walk into an exam and can't do 2+2. Anyone else find this?
>>
>>7964501
12 hours or I have difficulty functioning normally.
>>
>>7964513
Take care of yourself bro, we can only pull that off for so long :/
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.