[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on bees. Are they really in danger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Bee-apis.jpg (459KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
Bee-apis.jpg
459KB, 1000x668px
Redpill me on bees.

Are they really in danger?
>>
Wild ones? no
Farmed/Domesticated ones? Kinda
>>
>>7957629
dont you mean the other way around?
>>
>>7957632
no
Wild bee populations aren't studied very much, but their pops are fine. Apiary's are losing tons of hives every season thanks to CCD
>>
>>7957636
But what causes CCD? Is it really pesticides?
>>
>>7957641
There's not a definite answer, not yet at least. Some think it's pesticide, some think it's stress. or it could be climate change. There's not a clear consensus yet. Also, I know very little about the subject, so I can't really elabourate, you're gonna have to do more research
>>
>>7957649
It's all forms of stress. They aren't immortal little worker drones, they actually have biological needs of their own. Trying to force them to perform at an industrial level is unhealthy for them and eventually they just straight up die. It's not one root cause, it's all the things that tax their biology together. It adds up. "Colonies" can't collapse from non-systemic causes.
>>
>>7957654
But they used to farm bees for years before, and CCD has only seemed to happen in the past decade, and we've probably been raising bees in this way for much longer. So I don't think stress is the sole reason.
>>
>>7957657
>the sole reason
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the problem isn't one factor, but a bunch of disparate factors coming together. Stress by a thousands cuts sort of deal.
>>
Bees are the biggest freaking assholes of nature. Nature wouldn't exist without them. It's like the anthropic principle but for nature itself and that's kind of fucked up that they're going to die on us. All just because the anthropic principle is a paper-thin construct that can't actually give a shit about us
>>
No, just another myth like global warming to keep you scared.
https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/07/30/beepocalypse-myth-handbook-dissecting-claims-of-pollinator-collapse/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.