[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are non newtonian engines legit or an elaborate ruse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: memedrive.jpg (56KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
memedrive.jpg
56KB, 620x413px
Are non newtonian engines legit or an elaborate ruse?
>>
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>7955258
theories have to fit observations
not the opposite.
>>
>>7955366
explain string theory
>>
>>7955258

The jury is out. Conservation of energy strongly objects to any apparent functionality of such a device. Verification of a working device would require new physics to explain.
>>
>>7956188
The reason it's not universally accepted is because it isn't confirmed by any experimental data
>>
>>7955289
newfag
>>
>>7956188
>>7956254

You got told.
Back to /his/
>>
>>7956756
>asking for experimental proof from the biggest, 40-year-and-running mathematical wankery
> "lol u cant comprehend, back to le humanities for you kind sir xDDD"
Why?
>>
>>7958488
String theory has transcended the scientific method. it is now a fully-fledged religion. If you don't believe you are ostracized, there is never any explanation as to why you must believe beyond "higher ups said that it is true" but believe you must.
>>
>>7955258
What does "non newtonian" even mean in this context? The MemeDrive violates relativity as well.

>>7955366
Observations of error fit current theory just fine.
>>
>>7958501
Wow, nice persecution complex.
>>
>>7958501
>If you don't believe you are ostracized

I see you've never been in a physics department before. Your typical physics faculty will likely have no high energy physicists in it, even the ones that do have them there's still only one or two. Or in other words the vast majority of physicists couldn't give a shit about string theory, there's also likely a sizeable number of experimentalists that hold a deep scepticism towards it (for example when I was doing undergrad a good number of the nuclear structure group could remember when string theory was first being used to explain nuclear structure and it's subsequent failure).

>B...buh if you're a HEP then you'll be ostracised for not joining the cult of string theory.

Not really, Perimeter for example is a fairly prestigious institute that's doing intensive research into LQG (although I remember reading that the Fermi telescope had falsified that).
>>
>>7955258
It's not so much of a ruse but more of a case the thrust is so small (I think 25 [math] \mu N [/math] is the current best estimate of the thrust produced, for context a grain of rice weighs something of the order of [math] 10^{-5} Kg [/math] which means that the force of a grain of rice on the surface of the earth is about [math] F \approx 10 ^{-4} N [/math]) that it's incredibly hard to eliminate all possible confounding variables. One possible explanation (that doesn't require some fancy new physics) is that it's just thermal effects, this is partially born out in the data, when memedrive is turned on the thrust appears pretty quickly, but when it's turned off the thrust lingers and slowly diminishes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.