[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On quantum teleportation, does information travel faster than light?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 06 saturn 3.jpg (39KB, 946x710px) Image search: [Google]
06 saturn 3.jpg
39KB, 946x710px
On quantum teleportation, does information travel faster than light?
>>
>>7954726
It would but with entangled quantum particles there isn't any 'information' traded between them, both particles are really the same object. The idea that they share information is just an illusion and a limitation of what we can observe in the universe.

Or the information is shared in another, unmeasurable dimension.
>>
>>7954726
No, it spontaneously generates in the vacuum you forget to observe. The original information is lost to quantization.
>>
>>7954726
it doesn't travel
Do you even know what the concept of teleportation is?
>>
>>7954827
explain.
>>
>>7954726
Who cares? You still have to physically separate the entangled atoms great distances

>>7954745
>if I throw big words together, maybe they wont realize I don't know what I'm talking about
>>
On instant coffee, do beans travel faster than light?
>>
>>7954875
ya
>>
>>7954888
Could you please be more explicit?
>>
>>7954726
If you would have bothered to read the wiki article, within the first paragraph you would have found an answer to your question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation
>>
>>7954875
idk man :c
>>
>>7954862
>if I throw big words together, maybe they wont realize I do know what I'm talking about
And the corollary. Never forget the corollary.
>>
>>7954726
This doesn't make sense. The speed of light is also the speed of causality. You cannot "travel" faster. Best you can do is make a path that is shorter compared to something else taking a longer path. If the teleportation was really just a another instance of you and there is no causality between you then yes i guess it is possible to teleport. Just that you didn't actually teleport and you happen to walk into a suicide booth and another instance of you existed somewhere but killing yourself didn't cause him
>>
>>7954726
heres a good explanation:
https://youtu.be/eCFTVdExxPA?t=27m54s
>>
>>7954890
Yeah
>>
>>7954890
Fucking yeah, cuntface.
>>
>>7954875
Kek'd
>>
>>7954892
/thread
>inb4 this post is ignored and people keep on rambling
>>
>>7954726
information doesn't exist.
>>
>>7954895
Fuck off and die.
>>
only scuttlebutts travel faster than light
>>
>>7954875
Fuuuuuu never considered this...
>>
>>7954745
Why are you always in the first five posts of a thread, and why are you always a knowledgeless faggot?
>>
>>7954738
>unmeasurable dimension
i've got an unmeasurable dimension for ya, m8
>>
>>7954875
i dunno, but this one case where faster is not better
>>
File: Laughingwoman.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Laughingwoman.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>7955752
rip in peace me *ghost emoji*
>>
>>7954726
yes and no
>>
>>7957922
quantum mechanics: the post
>>
>>7954726

Think of it this way:

If you have two pieces of paper, one has 'A' on it and the other has 'B'

You don't know which letter is on which.

You send a random paper to the other side of the universe

Then you look at your paper

After observing your paper, you instantly know what is written on the other paper even though it is 15 billion lightyears away

Information doesn't 'travel'
>>
>>7960047
your answer has nothing to do with OP's question,
OP must mean quantum tunneling while you're talking about quantum entanglement.. which indeed is really what you described even though many people get it wrong, the actual entanglement collapses the wave function.
>>
>>7960105
..ok nevermind he does mean entanglement I'm a moron
>>
>>7960106
>I'm a moron
and that's why you're here on a Taiwanese cartoon board.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.