[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Requesting input from hobby or registered doctorfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Onycholysis.jpg (43KB, 560x450px) Image search: [Google]
Onycholysis.jpg
43KB, 560x450px
Last summer, in August, my sister awoke in the middle of the night from a sharp pain in her left shoulder, covered in sweat. Shortly after that she fainted. In the morning she felt fatigued and fainted again.
One week after the incident she removed her nail polish, whereupon she noticed her fingernails had turned blue. Shortly after that some of them fell off when subjected to the slightest force.
The nails have since grown back, but she suffers from Onycholysis.
Doctors have no clue.
Any thoughts or input from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>7954302
did she get bitten by something and catch a keratin-fucking disease? sounds like a spider, especially since you said "sharp" pain
>>
>>7954310

I strongly doubt it was from a bite as it was in our home country Sweden - we really don't have much in the way of fauna capable of administering a bite like that.
I was thinking it could be something messed with her circulation, but that wouldn't explain the persistent Onycholysis, would it?
Could it be Porphyria?
>>
>>7954329
You sure? Something like a brown recluse might have a similar effect on people of a particular disposition
>>
>>7954336

Well I'm not completely sure, but the most medically significant spider we have up here is the European garden spider, the bite of which is supposedly equivalent to a the sting of a wasp - quite harmless, unless you're allergic.
>>
Hyperthyroidism, also known as Thyrotoxicosis, causes sympathetic arousal, increased blood pressure, fast heart rate, atrial fibrillation, sweating. One or more of these caused a minor angina twinge, the pain in the shoulder. Thyrotoxicosis can also cause onycholysis.

But the docs should have had this covered.
>>
>>7954354
oh shit we got a doctor in the house

we reddit now
>>
>>7954354

Very interesting. I shall inform her about this. She has used a fair share of melanotan. Do you think those things could be connected?
>>
>>7954302
>sharp pain in her left shoulder, covered in sweat. Shortly after that she fainted.

Heart attack. She died and are growing zombie claws instead of nails now
>>
>>7955031

I'm not convinced that's what actually happened but will bear it in mind and thus try to maintain a buffer zone between me and her nails.
>>
i fucced her 2 hard the nite b4 lmao xd
>>
>>7955398
>>> RL
go outside and play more. You can come back, when you are 18
>>
Reactive arthritis causes joint pain and may cause onycholysis.
>>
>>7954302
yeast infection
>>
>>7954302
maybe some significant pulmonary embolism and infarction? Did she have an mri/xray?
>>
>>7955805
What about a series of transient isechemic attacks?
>>
>>7955807
exactly my thinking.

the shoulder pain makes me think radiating pain from pain elsewhere in the body, which is why i was thinking maybe lung related bloodflow problem
>>
Wilson's disease. There was a House episode like this. Is your sister also a psychopath?
>>
>>7955807
This, OP. Tell the doctors to check for this. Reduced blood flow to the extremities would cause her nails to club or even to fall if she's already anemic. When they were growing back she probably caused a yeast infection or a Candida from her mouth or vagina (Candida covers you, so you're bound to show one of its diseases at the first sign of low immunity " or low blood flow"). Consider this thoroughly. Do an ECG.
>>
>>7955807
>>7955860

Alright. I'll tell her about this possibility as well.
Thank you, anons.
>>
>>7954302
It is like you aren't even trying
>>
>>7956159
?
>>
>>7955860
This is what I suggested with the thyrotoxicosis, though any doctor should have considered all potential causes of cyanosis. And PE in a young woman particularly if on the pill should be first on the list.
>>
>>7954302
Got any sketchy Tylenol laying around?
>>
>>7956819

We don't have that brand, but it's paracetamol, right?
She probably had that around, but said she hadn't taken anything. I don't think we have any sketchy versions of it here. At least as far as I know the brands of some renown typically - by popular request - omit potassium cyanide.
>>
>>7956295
are you even trying?
>>
>>7958587

Trying what? Trying to do what?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.