[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Professional Conferences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Has anyone in /sci/ been to a conference/expose in your field? If so, how rewarding was it, in terms of information, connections and the like? Was it worth it? If so, how often do you go? What is your field? Did you go as a group or did you go alone solely for professional and academic development?

Pic related is my first professional conference I'll be attending.
>>
File: metabolism_catabolismjpg.jpg (2MB, 2466x3184px) Image search: [Google]
metabolism_catabolismjpg.jpg
2MB, 2466x3184px
shameless self bump.
>>
>>7953825
No idea,
But it's definitely worth more than this website.
>>
>>7953857

well, that's a given.
>>
Ive been to a couple of conferences but not related specifically to my field of study but more general field. In terms of getting contacts/work from bachelor student point if view is not much. At least in central europe area. They are still cool because u hang out with people with similar interests and ideas. So from the bachelor student in central europe point the conferences are more of a learning experience.

This spring im doing a poster presentation at one. Any tips or past experiences on the poster and the actual presentation? Like the layout and such. Google found only very crappy "high school" kinnda layouts.
>>
>>7953869

Ow and ive been to all conference as a part of not really group, but a max 4man team?

I would suggest you to go. You always get a certificate of attendance at the end and then you can brag laters in a CV
>>
>>7953869

I just graduated UG in May, I'm currently working as a clinical research facilitator but I'm trying to break into the forensic field, eventually wanting to get a MD or DO/PhD in Forensic Tox and specialize in forensic pathology. Kinda sucks I didn't find out what exactly I had a passion for until after I already graduated. (sub-par GPA Biology) So I have some catching up to do.

I had some experience in designing posters, I have above-par photoshop and illustrator skills. I used these skills to help my buddy on his MS thesis poster. As for the presentation, check out Prezi, its all online so there is no worry about your file being corrupted, lost, or incompatible with the software at the presentation event. Some pretty cool shit can be made with that. If you want to create a throw away email address I can email you links to some projects I've done.
>>
>>7953882
Oh that would be really helpfull i also posess some Ps and Ai skills :)
. My adress is
[email protected]

Thank you
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.