[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

memesters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Are you all just meme /sci/entists or do you actually know something about a subject you speak about?

Is there anyone brave enough to say something about the uncertainty principle or any other popular /sci/ subject? I will then decide if you are a living meme or a true human bean.
>>
>>7953796
>Are you all just meme /sci/entists or do you actually know something about a subject you speak about?
yeah, I know your mom pretty well.
>>
File: 000.png (91KB, 738x981px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
91KB, 738x981px
What subject I like most is nature's play between mathematics and physics. Wherever the two delineate it's got to be an answer within the realm of creation. But to what affect. Is the answer hard to figure out as math is labyrinthian? Where do integers start for instance? 1? Why do we picture numbers alongside mathematics before we even start actually using math?
>>
>>7953820
well meme'd
>>
>>7953796

>implying that all scientists know enough about the uncertainty principle to opine to your standards
>not all scientists are fucking physicists
>"prove to me you're not a meme scientist by regurgitating facts about the one of the biggest popsci meme

wew lad you're all over the place
>>
>>7953796
>be OP
>read about UP in pop science book
>be confused about it
>rather than ask straightforward questions make obvious troll thread
>>
>>7953860
well meme'd
>>7953873
well meme'd
>>
>>7953796
I'm studying 5 degrees parallel (maths, computer science, philosophy, biology, linguistics). Just ask away.
>>
I won't say much about uncertainty, but I suggest you take the Fourier transform of a position probability spectrum with a localized peak and tell me what you get ;)
>>
>>7954159
Can you please prove Fermat's little theorem using group theory?
Ohhhhh or talk about cryptography via group theory. Specifically Adleman's work.
Abstract Algebra is my favorite babby/undergraduate class at the moment.
>>
>>7954178
>shitposting this hard
>>
>>7953796
I am an undergrad engineer,
never claimed to be scientist
never claimed to be a genius
nor called anyone a pleb.

I will let those who did, reply to this thread.
>>
>>7954199
well paradox'd my friend
>>
Uncertainty is only when we talk about measurements of many particles that are described by the same wavefunction. We can't know what a single particle looks like or if he has both position and velocity well defined at the same time.
>>
>>7953796
I admit that I know nothing. I haven't even gone to university yet and my math skills are fairly college level. I haven't studied or learned enough yet to form an educated opinion about something scientific.
>>
>>7953796
Try lurking more and seeing the kinds of threads people post here. Also look at the difference in quality between clueless OPs and the anons that respond to them. If you can't tell the two types of people apart, you don't have enough rigor to hear the scientific response.
>>
>>7954183
I'm not shhitposting :(
I could do the things I requested of the bs anon if you want me to :(

Oh here's a quality post for you:
Hurrrrr gorillas bears frogs
>>
>>7953796
>Is there anyone brave enough to say something about the uncertainty principle

Yes. That's how waves work. This is undergrad stuff, and it isn't very hard to learn.

>any other popular /sci/ subject
I don't think saying 0.9999..=1 requires any bravery.
>>
File: 46387657.jpg (39KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
46387657.jpg
39KB, 500x332px
Group selection is real
>>
>>7953796
This is from a movie. What is it?
>>
>>7954756
A Serious Man
>>
>>7954756
"It's raining men: hallelujah". It's a film about a promising young engineer struggling to reconcile his faith with his engineering urges, if you couldn't tell from the title.

You've probably heard the theme song for it though.
>>
File: solid_state_kyouju.jpg (116KB, 455x332px) Image search: [Google]
solid_state_kyouju.jpg
116KB, 455x332px
Grad students in condensed matter theory here.
Ask me about Dirac monopoles and topological defects.
>>
>>7954927
top kek
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.