[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asexuality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

File: asexual.jpg (59KB, 814x1220px) Image search: [Google]
asexual.jpg
59KB, 814x1220px
Is it a legitimate concept or entirely hormonal or whatever?

I'm interested in any actual data about it.
>>
The last edition of the DSM added an entry to clarify that it is not a mental disorder, and there are many people who identify as asexual who have had their hormones check and found normal. It is not the same as having a low libido... it is simply not wanting to direct their sexual desire towards anyone. There are asexual people who have normal or even high libido.
>>
>>7953977
do asexual people masturbate?
>>
>>7953995
Some, yes.
>>
>>7953977
Not to start a shitstorm here... but how is asexuality NOT a mental disorder?

If the absolute peak of human intentions is to breed and produce offspring, I would classify asexuality strongly as a mental disorder. That's not to say it's wrong or bad in anyway, but it's a defect in the psyche of the person -- whether or not it's a physiological byproduct, or a societal one.

We deem serial killers and rapists as diseased with sociopathy or psychopathy; and rightly so, as their affliction is a derailment of the human need to cooperate and act within a community. So why do we halt at asexuality in categorizing these uncommon behaviors as disease?
>>
>>7954010
>We deem serial killers and rapists as diseased with sociopathy or psychopathy
It's called antisocial personality disorder now.
>>
>>7953977
So maybe the whole waifu thing is based in asexuality
>>
>>7954029
Ahh true. I grew up in a family of psychiatrists, should've known that. But still, the nomenclature contains "disorder." I guess sexual freedom is such a hot issue that people don't want any negative association with abnormal sexual orientation.
>>
For something to be a disorder it has to negatively affect the person's life. To call it a disorder would be to judge whether they would be better off wanting sex or not.
>>
>>7954002
Maybe they don't want to have sex with anyone but if they masturbate they can't reasonably be called asexual.
>>
>>7953977
DSM has to be taken with a grain of salt. a good chunk of psychiatry is not firmly grounded. there exists so much disagreement among psychiatrists with respect to specific mental disorders, and the current understanding (which is still rather poor) of how they really work is constantly changing.

symptoms of schizophrenia, for instance, are well documented, but i suspect that it will be re-assigned a name like "schizophrenic-spectrum disorder" in the future, as some people experience more extreme cases of it. an example of this is autism: aspergers nowadays is considered a part of "autism spectrum disorder", but before, there was something of a separate distinction. there of course is "high functioning autism" as well.

there are varying degrees of efficacy with certain medications and a lot of finding the right prescription is guess-work.. i.e. there is no direct test for most mental illness. you might see one schizophrenic who is only taking a single atypical antipsychotic, while another is on a medicine cabinet of different pills, and it's often the case that these people need to be medicated for most of their lives in order to have any stability.

>>7954010
sexuality seems to be better treated in the realm of psychology, but modern psychology is the biggest meme science in existence. people want to use bogus personality tests and psychoanalysis (pure pseudoscience) nowadays to get any kind of answers relating to this.

alternative sexuality, i think, is just a divergence from normal human development.. but i will leave the rest up to you. conjecturing about this kind of thing is somewhat useless.

t. mentally ill person (bipolar/autism spectrum)
>>
>>7954096
And a schizophrenic doesn't think his "illness" ails him. Does that mean schizophrenia is not an ailment?
>>
>>7954123
Schizophrenia more obviously affects someone's ability to participate in society. Does being asexual? I guess so, since having sex is participation in society, maybe you are right.
>>
>>7954010
>If the absolute peak of human intentions is to breed and produce offspring,
It's not though.
>>
>>7954121
Nice insights. How has your psychiatric experience been overall?
>>
>>7954123
If anything, asexuality is an advantage. Look at Newton, Tesla, Kant, et al. You can get a lot done when you don't have bitches to bring you down.
>>
>>7954154
needed to take meds for about 3yrs to be stable, completely off everything. having psychotic delusions is pretty wild. things are good now; a lot of it was just drug induced and i don't use drugs any more.
>>7954170
this goes back to >>7954145 .
procreation will always be important but human population is at a level where it's not the utmost. i personally want kids but having kids is not necessarily the ideal for everyone. most "normal" people want kids, but determining whether or not it is the best option is a philosophical question
>>
>>7954123
schizophrenic here

yes i do
>>
>>7954170
This is fallacious. Three permavirgins doesn't tell you anything; most great geniuses still had sex.
>>
Whatever the case we should kill them because it is definitely an undesirable trait.
>>
>>7954663
It's a trait that may handicap their chances of getting their genes represented in the next generation, but not yours, why do you care?
>>
File: 2hardcore4u.jpg (172KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
2hardcore4u.jpg
172KB, 558x744px
>>7954663
>we should kill people with undesirable traits
Wouldn't that mean we should kill socios like you as well?
>>
>>7953075
>legitimate concept or entirely hormonal
False dichotomy much?
>>
>>7954010
>>If the absolute peak of human intentions is to breed and produce offspring,
found the 20 yo beta.
>>
>>7954113
Not necesarilly. Being asexual just means they don't wish or aren't able to have sexual attraction to anyone. Maybe they'll fantasize, yes, but just because you fantasize something doesn't mean you want it in real life. Approximately half of the people in the world have fantasies of rape, does that mean half the world wants to rape or be raped?

One source for rape statistic:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18321031
>>
>>7955088
That's weird, since I just woke up from a dream a little while ago where some people, male and female, were talking about how rape could be fun. And then I come on here and read this.
>>
>>7955124
Lol. Where in the world even are you? I'm just about to go to sleep.
>>
>>7955088
>having a fantasy doesn't mean you want to do it

No, that is exactly what it means. That is the definition of fantasy. Having a thought about something can only be considered a non-fantasy if it's intrusive, i.e. you have uncontrollable swelling in your certain part of your brain that makes it impossible to filter out "bad thoughts", i.e. you're schizophrenic.

Most people want to kill and rape. Saying you wouldn't do something doesn't mean you aren't willing or don't want to do it. It's in people's interest to say they don't want to kill or rape.
>>
>>7955202
No. While this may be true for some people, most are simply attracted to the IDEA of something, or it's more erotic in their head. They simply like to think about it. The same goes in reverse, as well. Some things are much hotter when they actually happen, and not so much when you think about it. Fantasies sometimes do want to be acted out on, yes, but usually it's somewhere between the extremes of "I want this right now and would do it if I could" and "I will never actually want to do this." Half the world does not actually want to rape or be raped.
>>
>>7954010
Why do you think life is a good thing? It's not. It's simply a fact that if something replicates, then there's more of that thing, so its kind is less likely to be destroyed. Life is inevitable if something can reproduce.
>>
>>7955202
Have you never thought something would be better than it actually is?
A fantasy is an idealised situation, tailored by the fantasizer such that their release is optimal. By no means would a rape fantasizer enjoy rape, should they be out alone one night.
>>
>>7955227
Where did you get your knowledge? I've love to be able to replicate it at will.
>>
>>7955593
I'd prefer it if you wouldn't do that.
>>
>>7955601
Tough.
>>
>>7955605
It's not, it's just that there's another type of problem that comes up when fools try to replace me.
>>
>>7954032
Hit the nail on the head. Whenever something becomes political, it loses credibility. Unfortunately, even science is no exception to this.
>>
>>7955615
What?
>>
>>7953075
There are few explanations.

a) another form of special-snowflake disorder.

b) coping mechanism due to traumatic experiences in the past (ie. being sexual abuse victim)

c) modern day urban society fucks up ones psyche, to a lesser or greater extent. This can be fixed by moving to a stress free and more intimate society.

A paper worth reading: http://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~schaller/Maner2007.pdf

d) And the plague itself: generations of deterministic social engineering by the elite.

http://andrewgavinmarshall.com/2011/10/18/an-education-for-empire-the-rockefeller-carnegie-and-ford-foundations-in-the-construction-of-knowledge/

https://www.corbettreport.com/the-last-word-on-overpopulation/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/social-engineering-and-the-imposition-of-a-free-market-totalitarian-ideology/5456564
>>
>>7953995
I don't know if I am asexual, but I have 0 interest in having sex with real girls (or guys, for that matter) but I still masturbate.
>>
>>7955696
to what?
>>
>>7955696
me too
>>
As harsh as it sound, it boils down to: do you want to fuck unattractive people? Remember YMMV, if you banged high scool cheerleaders doesnt mean everyone can. Aka asexual
>>
>>7953075

I honestly think one of my friends is asexual. Not in a weird "fuck society" way either. I've just never seen him attempt to start a relationship with a woman, or man, or in general have any sexual contact.

He's not autistic, or anything. He's a completely normal guy. I'm not an authority on the looks of men, but I think he's a decently attractive guy.

He's just the least sexually motivated person I've ever met. He'll still say that he thinks certain woman are attractive, but that's about it.

I just find it really odd.
>>
>>7955596
Read a lot of studies name friend.
>>
>>7954010
>the absolute peak of human intentions is to breed

That's animal intentions bro

You're basically conceding that you're no better than an ape
>>
>>7953075
This is for use in you Sex Ed curriculum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEeGuCCQ_8w
>>
>>7955202
i think that's just 4chan
>>
File: 1447329459901.jpg (52KB, 512x385px) Image search: [Google]
1447329459901.jpg
52KB, 512x385px
>>7955827
>>I just find it really odd.
why ?
the point is why you choose to bother spending your day trying to please women through sex, material support and emotional support ?.
>>
>>7954096
>For something to be a disorder it has to negatively affect the person's life. To call it a disorder would be to judge whether they would be better off wanting sex or not.

I question whether this *should* be the accepted definition.
>>
>>7958269
>I question whether this *should* be the accepted definition.

What would be an alternative?
>>
>>7957434
This is off-topic but I hate when teachers show YouTube teachers during class, it's lazy as hell.
>>
>tfw you wish you were asexual
can i get my own trans label?
>>
>>7958287
Describe your sexual feelings and desires. Maybe we can find one for you.
>>
I don't see how anything said about sexuality can be tested or disproven so I hesitate to call it science.
>>
>>7958270
I don't have one, but people can live quite happy lives with all sorts of delusions, for instance. Or, if the world becomes more accommodating, perhaps people with aspergers won't feel impaired in any way in the future. Nevertheless, we'd agree that these are mental disorders.
>>
>>7958293
I feel my attraction towards girls is more 'standard' and won't bother to describe that.

And for guys, it tends to be more of a fascination with looks I guess. Very rarely do I find a guy fappable. Although I have had crushes on a few guys too and never understood that much.

But really I'd prefer to just get rid of both type of feelings and just get along with people without any of those feelings/thoughts popping up.
>>
>>7958311
If you have crushes on guys but aren't sexually attracted to them, you may be biromantic and heterosexual. You not wanting to have any of these feelings isn't an issue of orientation though, that's a mental thing.
>>
>>7958303
>people live a happy life, but I still dislike how they live, so I just call sick these people
>>
>>7958321
>biromantic
wow there is a label for everything
thank you anon
>>
>>7953995
Yes I do
>>
>>7958351
Do you think it's normal for people to believe they are cats?
>>
>>7959135
>equating gender difference to species difference
nice strawman
>>7953075
The fact that asexuals are disliked signifies all that is wrong with society. Hating gays and trans just because you don't like what they do is bad enough but hating someone just because he doesn't like what you like, well that is just sheep mentality. If someone doesn't want to fuck anybody why on earth should I give a shit? Why should anyone give a shit? Don't be giving me that "muh human race" bs, asexuals are like 1% of the population, national reproduction is totally unaffected.
>>
Me personally, I am sexually attracted to women, but I can't stand them. They have no sense, they are self-absorbed... I don't hate them, because they can't help it, but I don't want to be with one
>>
>>7953977
>DSM
Is tarnished by SJWs just like everything else. You can't put non-PC things into "scientific consensus."
>>
>>7959989
> implying PC is more important or even compatible with science.
Please stop using SJW and science in the same sentence.
>>
>>7959996
80% of those "scientists" are SJWs. What are you even talking about? Are you one of those people who thinks "science" is synonymous with "fact?"
>>
>>7953075
How can it be an orientation, and then how can and why would it be invisible?
>Woman author
>>
>>7960024
> "scientists" are SJWs
> humanities, social studies, african studies, women studies, gender studies.

ahahahahahhaa. please stop. And yes science is about facts and not feelings. It seems you're a bit confused about that.
>>
>>7960033
>Arguing with a /pol/tard

Stop
>>
>>7960042
> no science is not about facts its about feelings u nazi xDD
there we go.
>>
File: 1383607079247.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1383607079247.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>7960050
>Is tarnished by SJWs just like everything else
>80% of those "scientists" are SJWs

Literally: Their findings don't support my opinion so I'll call them SJWs and ignore them.

Adios
>>
>>7960053
> whoever doesn't support SJW supports hitler
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7960056
Continuing to call them SJWs isn't going to cut it.

Take that shit back to /pol/
>>
>>7960056
It's the truth.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7960064
>>7960066
> science is bout my feelings
> if you disagree you go to /pol/
Are you supposed to be taken seriously here ?
>>
>>7960068
>> science is bout my feelings

You're the one getting butthurt over what experts find
>>
>>7960068
lol no
how you're actually taking the bait is beyond my comprehension
>>
>>7960069
> science is not about facts
> experts
You need to be an expert in the scientific field, not anti-science muh personal feelings propaganda.
really, get used to the fact that nobody cares about your feelings.
>>
File: 1446521143770.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446521143770.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>7960078
>You need to be an expert in the scientific field
>an expert in the scientific field
>in the scientific field
>scientific field
>scientific
>field
>>
File: fuck-you-very-much-5.png (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-you-very-much-5.png
13KB, 250x250px
>you're no better than an ape
>spending your day trying to please women
>you wish you were asexual
>you may be biromantic and heterosexual
>you're a bit confused
>You're the one
>you're actually taking the bait
Sometimes I despise all you fucking assholes,
and this is one of those times. Fuck all of you.
>>
>>7953075
Remember that mouse experiment, where right before the societal collapse from overpopulation the mice stopped breeding, and expressed an apathy towards the other mice?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
>>
>>7960145
>you're no better than an ape
mate no offense but unless you do some work worthy of a nobel prize or such in your field, passing on your genes will be pretty much your sole achievement of any worth, that will have any effect on further generations.

I don't understand what the other points you're trying to make are, but curb that ego, just because you're a tad cleverer than your average monkey doesn't mean you're just unbound from nature's laws, as if all those years of evolutionary conditioning gets undone.
>>
>>7956113
We are no better than apes when it comes to instinct.
>>
>>7959177
Do you believe it's normal for people to believe they are women when they have XY chromosomes?
>>
>>7953075
>itt: virgin nerd faggots looking to justify a new trend as concept or perspective for their huge betaness
>>
so why do men choose to give sex to women FOR FREE and attend to the various other needs of women ?
>>
These people are simply afraid of intimacy or have other similar hangups. That sucks for them, but isn't a valid reason to go and invent an "orientation"
>>
>>7960273
Most transsexuals dont believe they are women, they simply want to be one so i dont know where people get the delusion argument from.
>>
>>7954123
How many schizophrenics have you met, you fucking retard? Of all the schizos that I have met(more than 30) only 1 didn't mind it. The rest, they all hate what is happening to them and that's why they tolerate the horrible drugs they receive and take them.
>>
I thought it was just a sour grapes excuse for nobody wanting to fuck you.
>>
>>7964165
>he wants to be fucked, instead of fucking people.
>>
File: 1458427725520.png (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458427725520.png
24KB, 400x400px
>>7959177
People dislike special snowflakes that identify as "asexual" because they're not actually lacking attraction to other human beings, they just say they are in-between blog posts describing how hard their bf is fucking them.
As a result, people start believing asexuality doesn't actually exist.

>tfw legitimately asexual (never masturbated, never had the urge to, never want to have sex) but saying so associates me with the lying bitches on tumblr
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.