[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to learn Statics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1456468438408.gif (112KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
1456468438408.gif
112KB, 600x486px
I'm a ME student currently learning statics. It's hard as fuck.

Any tips?
>>
>>7952936
EE here

Isn't statics first year shit?
>>
still difficult, same with dynamics

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mechanical-engineering/2-001-mechanics-materials-i-fall-2006/lecture-notes/
>>
File: ohokay.gif (734KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
ohokay.gif
734KB, 500x409px
>>7952936
How about going to your professor's office hours, reading the textbook, and putting more work into parts you don't understand?

Or did you want a magical solution from a counterfeit anime picture board? Perhaps something that doesn't require you to change any aspect of your life?
>>
>>7952936
statics is the easiest. Everything sums to zero.

You do want to go to space right? You gotta learn this stuff.

for every problem:

Sum (Forces in x) =0

Sum (Forces in y) =0

Sum (X moment ) = 0

Sum (y moment) = 0

And if you have 3d then sum for the z direction too.It's all about visualizing in 3d space and being consistent with your conventions on positive and negative for up and down/ left and right.
do more practice problems.
>>
Yeeee forreal I just finished my statics class last week and the whole class is basically sum of moments/ sum of forces =0. Ezpz m8. Just do more practice problems. Imo the only thing that really required much thought was drawing shear and bending diagrams
>>
>>7953576
0/10
>>
>>7952936
Yeah man, it's gay and boring. Fully just go from first principles and give yourself enough time to learn it and you'll be sweet.
>>
>>7952936
This is a joke right? The entire class boils to solving homogeneous linear equations.
>>
File: 51NVTE36FBL.jpg (42KB, 426x500px) Image search: [Google]
51NVTE36FBL.jpg
42KB, 426x500px
>>7952936
If you find statics hard you might want to consider another major. Arrows going one way are positive, arrows going the other way are negative. Moments are just multiplying the arrows by a distance.

Go on Khan Academy and practice matrices. If you have a graphing calculator, set up your system of linear equations for vector sums as an augmented matrix and use RREF (reduced row echelon form) to solve the equations for you.
>>
>>7952936
>he thinks statics is hard.

solid mechanics is going to fucking destroy you, and good luck with FEA. you should just drop out right now.
>>
>>7952944
First year ME. Yes it is. In fact i did it in my first month, and it was easy as shit.
>>
>>7953703
that book looks boring
give me a manga
>>
>>7952936
Use box plots and imagine everything as a graph.
>>
>>7952950
Rekt
>>
>>7952944
Yup. I took statics when I was in high school. Still at a university though (I would commute.)
Got an A. OP is a retard.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.