[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Show me one UNDENIABLE piece of evidence that climate change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (140KB, 1560x1170px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 1560x1170px
Show me one UNDENIABLE piece of evidence that climate change is caused by man and man alone.

No p-value or hypothesis testing bullshit.
>>
>>7952497
>this big of a bait
There isn't, move on.
>>
File: ngbbs4a58f47dd4743.jpg (82KB, 585x700px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4a58f47dd4743.jpg
82KB, 585x700px
>>7952497
>>
Before man there was no climate, there only was the daily weather. So climate is 100% man-made and some in their misguided hubris even claim they can change it.
>>
>>7952497
Show me one UNDENIABLE piece of evidence that George Bush is caused by man and man alone.

No p-value or hypothesis testing bullshit.
>>
File: 1444818741639.jpg (17KB, 193x243px) Image search: [Google]
1444818741639.jpg
17KB, 193x243px
>>7952497

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_techniques
>Inevitable victory: invites those not already on the bandwagon to join those already on the road to certain victory. Those already or at least partially on the bandwagon are reassured that staying aboard is their best course of action. (e.g., "The debate is over. 97% of scientists agree...")
>"The debate is over. 97% of scientists agree..."
>"The debate is over. 97% of scientists agree..."
>>
>>7952497
>No p-value or hypothesis testing bullshit.

So... no science? You're looking for a Bible quote, or...?
>>
>>7952593

What part of undeniable don't you faggots understand?

Physics has a very specific set of laws that are fairly unbreakable if tested classically and below the speed of light.

But climate change? You fags just state p value and confidence limits, implying that if your hypothesis was just a little bit wrong your whole man-made climate change theory falls apart.
>>
>>7952497

http://weather.seaes.manchester.ac.uk/schultz/pubs/62R-Belletal08.pdf

It's more likely to rain on the weekends. The week is a man made construct and not related to any natural process, therefore this change in the climate is caused by man.
>>
>>7952609
>"are found on average"

Stopped reading right there.

Lmao you climate change cucks really are retarded if you blindly apply statistics to random phenomenon trying to find patterns.
>>
>>7952608
>>7952616

I think you should stop posting about statistics until you've taken a class in it.
>>
>>7952625
Well whats the correlation coefficient of rise in global temperature to rise in CO2 emissions in the last 100 years?

It better be above 0.8 or its BS
>>
>>7952497
2015 was the hottest year ever known
>>
>>7952632
So you only accept a truth in which CO2 increase causes a linear rise in global temperature (which by the way? surface, air, ..?)?

And for the sake of the argument - can you name another physical discipline and a corresponding undeniable evidence so I know what you're looking for?
>>
>>7952578
>97% of scientists agree
>Climate scientists
>97% agree, it's a good way to earn a paycheck.

>>7952652
Like, evar!
>>
>>7952652
That just so happens to coincide with me dropping my mixtape :^)
>>
>>7952669
stay in the bubble
>>
>>7952497
>i'm in denial, show me something i can't go into denial about

Chiefs of heavy industry love cucks like you. The more of you there are, the longer they can get away with protecting their profit margins at the expense of the environment. None of them want to be the first to invest in cleaner technology for fear of losing market share to others who cling on to the old polluting ways and keep their costs at a minimum.

Well done. Keep believing the bullshit they spoon-feed you, brainiac.
>>
>>7952497
Holy shit, man alone doesnt cause global warming, but he sure as fuck helps. Its already too late anyway and its impossible to stop the machine, hope you dont live on the coast.
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (64KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
64KB, 500x281px
>>7952497
>caused by man and man alone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts
>>
Look in your driveway. Is there a car there? Does your house use gas or oil for heat?

You probable believe the earth is flat. I mean, how can you see something in 3D? It is always flat on the side you look at.
And what about the sun at the center of the solar system? No one has seen that, have they?
All these things are deduced.
There is a lot of evidence that the amount of carbon in the atmosphere is the highest it has been for 66 million years.
So, are you smart enough to deduce that we caused the increase?

Or is the earth flat?
>>
>>7952760
Pretty sure the global carbon tax will control the great prophetic meltdown, you watch. It's pure genius.

The propaganda can be spun no matter what's really happening. Not enough warming? That's good but need more taxes to maintain. Too much, OK need more taxes.

World is a business, the AGW religion is a huge business. Can't make any money teaching people about the ice age 20,000 years ago, a blip in geological time, where the glaciers came from in the first place.
>>
File: wood.png (7KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wood.png
7KB, 640x480px
>>7952632
Just look at that lack of correlation...
>>
>>7952885
want data from 8000 years ago
>>
File: wood2.png (7KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wood2.png
7KB, 640x480px
>>7952632
More awful correlation...
>>
>>7952889
>asks for 100 years ago
>now wants 8000
move 'em on up! oh lawdy move those goalposts on up!
>>
File: wood3.png (7KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wood3.png
7KB, 640x480px
>>7952632
Just no correlation to be found...
>>
File: wood4.png (7KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wood4.png
7KB, 640x480px
>>7952632
Still searching for that correlation...
>>
>>7952564
I hope this is satire
>>
File: wood5.png (7KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wood5.png
7KB, 640x480px
>>7952632
Alas, no correlation to be found here either...
>>
>>7952497
>Show me one UNDENIABLE piece of evidence that climate change is caused by man and man alone.

>No p-value or hypothesis testing bullshit.

Okay.

http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/epubs/ndp/ndp057/ndp057.htm
>>
>>7952608
Do you know anything about physics? When it comes down to experiments and testing them, you are still boiling it down to values of which you are taking averages and shit
>>
>>7952497

How is it so hard to believe that when we add substance with ability to absorb heat energy into the atmosphere, it will absorb heat energy and get warmer?

The earth can be considered as thermodynamic system which absorbs and radiates heat energy. The more we keep in the more we have.
>>
Which is more plausible? That pumping tons of gases into the atmosphere will cause zero implications in a system where composition has a profound effect on how energy is distributed. I mean wow, the Earth is amazing. You can do anything to it and it will maintain the same climate forever because fucking... the bible? What makes the Earth so goddamn special that it will just magically maintain the same climate no matter what?
>>
>>7952497
I'm going to list provable facts, and I want you to tell me which of them you disagree with
>1. Carbon dioxide gas absorbs more light at infrared wavelengths than it does at other wavelengths
>2. The Earth receives most light energy from the sun at wavelengths shorter than infrared
>3. The Earth emits most light energy into space at infrared wavelengths
>4. Infrared waves absorbed by carbon dioxide will be re-emitted in all directions
>5. Human activities have released very large amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, as well as other gases with similar spectrographic profiles (e.g. methane)

As a consequence of all of the above, energy that would have left the Earth into space remains in the Earth system. This manifests as increased temperatures and weather variability including higher rates of precipitation, greater probability of storm cell formation over the ocean and higher wind speeds within those storms.
>>
>>7952940
NUH UH, it's just not enough of an effect to matter because reasons...
>>
>>7952896
I bet you think everyone labelled "Anonymous" is the same person.

I have news for you...
>>
>>7952947
don't forget that earth is not a simple glass ball with gas inside.
It has regulation systems.
>>
>>7952958
>It has regulation systems.
That doesn't respond to the point. The Earth is warming and the greenhouse effect explains this warming. Saying that the Earth has "regulation systems" is relevant how? The Earth would be warming even more without them?
>>
>>7952974

Not the guy nor am I against global warming.

We are trying to forecast the future. What is going to happen is relevant. We are now on what, temperature is 1 decree Celsius higher on average, maybe regulation systems haven't kicked in yet. How much rising temperature will cause clouds to form and reflect sun's radiation away from the earth? This will slow warming considerably, but how much water is in the air then and how much we have down here.
>>
>>7952994
Yeah let's just wait for those regulatory systems to hopefully kick in instead of stopping the warming right now... I still don't see how this responds to the argument.
>>
>>7953002

That is not at all what I was saying. I was just saying points like that are relevant to the conversation. Things that need to be taken into account.

>instead of stopping the warming right now
This is not possible, that is why we need to look forward. I'm not saying that we should wait for clouds to form and solve the problem for us. It probably wont solve it anyway and the temperature is already too high at that time.

At the present time, our temperature is not too high, everything is fine. However, we are unavoidably going towards worse. What is going to be, is the problem and in future those regulatory systems have a role. Decreasing the amount of [math] CO_2 [/math] in atmosphere is definitely the best thing to do for now.
>>
>>7952994
>>7953002
No one here thinks global warming isn't happening or that we shouldn't do anything about it, >>7952947 was (obviously) being sarcastic.

The Earth does have certain feedback pathways that will come into effect once the retained energy grows to a certain level, and some of those will be negative i.e. act to reduce the surface temperature/release more energy into space but, as far as I'm aware, these are outweighed by positive feedback effects that will act to retain more energy. There, argument over.
>>
>>7953026
>No one here thinks global warming isn't happening or that we shouldn't do anything about it
LOL I can see you haven't been here very long...

>>>7952947 (You) was (obviously) being sarcastic.
Yeah, he's me.
>>
>>7953028
By here, I meant here in the conversation that those two people were having - sadly not in /sci/ at large
>>
File: co2_phase_lag_solubility.png (16KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
co2_phase_lag_solubility.png
16KB, 640x960px
>>7952912
>correlation
allow me to add the causation part
>>
>>7953554
because we can't do anything about it :^)
>>
>>7952608
>he thinks things can be known for sure
Go back to sleep
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.