[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does fire exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: fire.jpg (198KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
198KB, 1280x960px
>>
I don't know but a lot of it is coming from your hot ass ;)

I'll oxidize your heat source ;)
>>
>>7951253
because on this planet, we managed to get weird things that MAKE oxygen
>>
>>7951273
not just on this planet, otherwise the sun couldn't burn
>>
>>7951253
So that the rest of us can get rid of you.
>>
>>7951253
Fire is a literal eruption of energy. When oxygen and the burning matter(wood, matchstick etc) begin to react an exotermic process occures in which there is eruption of energy outside aka fire.
>>
>>7951253
Lord Ignus' blessing ( Inferno Be Upon Him ).
>>
>>7951366
So why does fire only exist in oxygen?
If we have an eruption of energy in a vacuum it'd just be heat or light right?
Is fire thus a state of matter or state of energy?
Is fire oxygen in plasma form?
Fuck man when I saw this thread I thought it was a stupid question but I don't know shit about fire.
>>
Define "fire"
>>
>>7951486
The light within my soul
>>
>>7951294

the sun isnt on fire mate its fusion
>>
>>7951499
kek
>>
We still don't know what "fire" really is.
We know how to make it and we know why it happens, but we have no idea what this "fire" actually is.
>>
>>7951586
You mean [math]you[/math] don't. [math]What[/math] fire is is not hard to answer. It is an oxidation, usually of carbon. The light which you typically see is the black body radiation of soot particles.

Depending on the flame, it is still difficult to understand/model fire, what reaction happens when and where.
>>
>>7951592
You answered "why" fire is, not "what" fire is.
Which is exactly what I am talking about.
>>
>>7951597
>not "what" fire is
I don't understand your question. Fire is the macroscopic observation of the reactions.
It produces a lot of heat, which is enough to start new reactions (as long as it does).
>>
Isn't fire (the visible part that is) high temperature carbon gas and carbon particulate emitting light?
>>
>>7951253
Cause i have that dank kush
>>
>>7951556
Shhh, he doesn't need to know that
>>
Fire is carbon gas plasma fueled by oxygen, dawg.
>>
Because of the consequences of applying Maxwell-Boltzmann statistics in a resonator with the assumption that the energy carried by an electromagnetic radiation is proportional to its frequency.
>>
File: 1446236381769.jpg (25KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
1446236381769.jpg
25KB, 256x360px
>>7951253
Because Prometheus is based
>knew how mad Zeus would be
>stole fire and gave it to man anyway
What a lad
>>
>>7951253

So that Jesus can torture people in Hell forever after they die, DUH.
>>
>>7951597
There is no why. Life has no reason. God doesn't exist.
>>
>>7951480
fire is the rapid oxidation of materials.

The heat is due to the change in energy when O2 is used to make CO2.

light is due to materials becoming hot and stuff.

The color depends on what impurities you add to it.

Jupiter doesnt just spontaneously combust every time a piece of the rings fall in since theres no significant amount of oxygen.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.