[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are the math grad students at? Everyone here is 17-18

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1456869842296.jpg (36KB, 495x321px) Image search: [Google]
1456869842296.jpg
36KB, 495x321px
This place is pretty shitty with the "I'm class of 2020 hur durr" and "Pre-Calculus HW Help Thread". Where are the grad students doing interesting mathematical research? This place is 10000x worse with the underage kiddos here. The intellectual depth is lacking.
>>
check out the epistemology thread its pretty poppin rn
>>
>>7946015
I did and it's still lacking intellectual depth. I used to envision this place as 4chan's MathOverflow. That vision is long dead.
>>
>>7946023
You just need to find the right threads.

I've seen many threads that clearly have math grad students in them.

nb
>>
>>7946013
Before the unnecessary preposition faggot.
>>
>>7946013
You need to make an interesting thread if you want interesting insight. Good threads make the high quality lurkers post. Shit threads get ignored and are filled with brats and us acting retarded to rile up the teens.
>>
>>7946424
true
>>
I'm a senior year math undergrad doing research in edge detection
Who up
>>
What do you want from people like me?
>>
File: 1453604437074.png (40KB, 400x422px) Image search: [Google]
1453604437074.png
40KB, 400x422px
>>7946013
>holding these high expectations for a Chinese cartoon imageboard
>not forming your own network with other grad students to discuss interesting things
>instead shitposting on /sci/ about how /sci/ sucks
>>
>>7946013
>Where are the grad students doing interesting mathematical research?
I offered to help /sci/ interpret Mochizuki's work a couple weeks ago. Where were you? Why didn't you keep the thread bumped? Are we supposed to slowly replicate all the little details that add up to his proof on our own? Reinvent the wheel in the name of being interesting? We live in a post-Mochizuki world now, embrace it or get out.
>>
>>7947050
>edge detection
I... I have to ask: Which notion of edge?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.