[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does highschool tell students why math is useful, but not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: lecture.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lecture.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
Why does highschool tell students why math is useful, but not why it can be fun and interesting? It's like the "math is a chore" meme infected the teachers too. Has the education system failed in that regard?
>>
>>7945970
because all the fun math is too advanced for high school
>>
File: 1392084375413[1].jpg (99KB, 900x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1392084375413[1].jpg
99KB, 900x1344px
>>7945970

Yes

I had a teacher who tried the "math is fun" stuff, but most people would mostly shrug it off and keep chatting in their cell phones whenever she tried to convince us with talk no jutsu.
I really liked her and the other applied students did too because she really worked on her classes and was legitimately concerned about her students.

But normies just don't care about any of it. They just want to fuck, consume and get decent enough grades so they don't get grounded for being lazy pieces of shit.

I tip my fedora hard on this
>>
>>7945970
Because you can't force people to have fun.
>>
>>7945983
Being a senior in high school right now, I can relate to this. Atleast I'm in an engineering program where I actually do useful math.
>>
>>7945975
Give students a taste of it through videos/demonstrations or something, so they know what could come next if they don't just aim for a passing 60%?
>>
File: sugar tits.jpg (105KB, 712x720px) Image search: [Google]
sugar tits.jpg
105KB, 712x720px
>>7945970
>Why does highschool tell students why math is useful, but not why it can be fun and interesting? It's like the "math is a chore" meme infected the teachers too. Has the education system failed in that regard?
Sell me on this. I'm a fucking pleb piece of shit, who barely passed precal with a C. Show me the light and inspire me to really give a fuck about math.
>>
File: muh husbando.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
muh husbando.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>7946036
I'm the same way anon, I wish someone showed me the light too :(
>>
>>7946036
>>7946041
Maddox talks alot about how you should look into discrete mathematics and that it should be the first thing ANYONE learns for math. I dunno. Now that you asked. I'm gonna look that up on KhanAcademy and see if I feel enriched as a result.
>>
>>7946036

Calc is really fucking fun for early math

All the crazy shit you can start to do and it has plenty of IRL applications.
>>
>>7946068
>Calc is really fucking fun
Can confirm
>>
>>7945970
take your pedophile cartoons back to >>>/a/
>>
File: noodles.jpg (193KB, 549x1000px) Image search: [Google]
noodles.jpg
193KB, 549x1000px
>>7946180
She is 18, anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.