[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems like everyone on this board is so fucking smart. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ComputerSpec.png (86KB, 1125x287px) Image search: [Google]
ComputerSpec.png
86KB, 1125x287px
It seems like everyone on this board is so fucking smart. I'm going to start college this fall and I'm planning on going into CS.
How much stuff from high school actually helped you guys in college?...
>>
>>7945925
I started as CS. I couldn't stand the people in my classes, and the emphasis on teamwork.

Now I study a normiefield, with a math minor.
>>
>>7945929
forgot to add,
the only thing acedemic from highschool that will help you is the mathematics
>>
>>7945925
If you can read write and do math and have a decent memory, you can learn anything, you just have to believe in yourself
>>
>>7945933
>>7945931
>>7945929
OP here.
I'm in a engineering program where we do some basic programming stuff and I write some minor photoshop scripts for my job.
What would be most beneficial to start learning to get a head start on my classes?
>>
>>7945933
This.
>>
High school is meaningless. I was a 50-60% student in HS because it felt like there was no real work to do.
The only things it will help you do is grind away assignments and meet people, if you did that. Else you need to learn how to grind assignments/meet people.
People are great. You can compete with them and they will help you keep up to date with the current material.

The only thing that will help you in college is doing the assignments on time, and going to the prof/textbook if you can't do it.

If you can't do the assignments on time and find yourself with two assignments due the next day and the day after that, consider your semester a fail. This is the only way I've found to consistently get 100% on midterms with 3 hrs of studying the day before.
Stay on top and succeed.
>>
>>7945944

You sound just like me, went from a 70's student to mid 80's in civil engineering. University has so much more of a payoff then high school where it feels any person can get 80's or 90's.

Working with other people is key, you get a much wider perspective plus old midterms, lab reports etc all the time.
>>
>>7945931
>the only thing acedemic from highschool that will help you is the mathematics

Yeah, because you will never have to write a paper in your English or history classes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.