[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does magnetic flux work? What even is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (799B, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
799B, 300x168px
Okay so I did some research into magnets, specifically into the magnetic field generated by a wire. I've been taught that the moving current causes relative compression of the moving charges due to special relativity.
Then why do the magnetic field lines go circular around the wire rather than straight in to the wire?
>>
File: main.jpg (26KB, 400x187px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
26KB, 400x187px
>>7945686
>>
>>7945686
They form at 90 degrees to the direction of flow (the wire)
>>
The magnetic field can be thought of in terms of the relative change in the electric field due to the motion of electrons. The reason you get these closed loops is because whenever the strength of the E field increases when an electron flows towards it, there's a relative decrease in the E field from where it's flowing away from. When you have a wire with a continuous current flowing around it, the net strength of the E field at any point isn't going to change because whenever an electron moves out of a spot there's another to replace it, but the flow makes almost like a vortex if that makes sense? This isn't a rigorous description in the least but it was a useful conception for me when I was taking upper div E&M.
>>
>>7945725
Any websites that might be helpful? Pages like wikipedia just tells me about the right hand rule (which I know) but im more interested in why this happens
>>
>>7945704
>>7945725
>>7945692
Yeah, this. Think back to how sine waves are formed by trigonometric values, the flux waves form due to the tendency for electrons to form patterns based off circular shapes.
>>
>>7945686
[eqn]
\phi = BA
[/eqn]
>>
Just think of magnetic fields as fields formed perpendicular to the wire the current's flowing through.
>>
>>7945856
BUMPU-DESU~!!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.