[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smart/Cool/Austistic Skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: Autism_Life_Skills_cover.jpg (28KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Life_Skills_cover.jpg
28KB, 400x600px
Summer is coming up, and to take advantage of all this free time, I've decided to go into cocoon mode.

Besides the obvious lifting and studying, what are some smart/cool/autistic skills I can learn as well?

For example,
>Get good at chess
>Get good at mental math
>Juggle 5 balls at once
etc.
>>
>>7943546
>baby shit all summer
typical normie
>>
File: zetath tetration of e.png (40KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
zetath tetration of e.png
40KB, 268x268px
>>7943546
Learn how to play an instrument and lean a new language.
>>
>>7943552
This
>>
>learn to manipulate girls into sleeping with you

It's a scary one but once you get decent at it it becomes a great source of happiness
>>
>>7943667
How to?
>>
>>7943723
Getting fit is half the battle
>>
File: Rippletits.jpg (72KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
Rippletits.jpg
72KB, 800x532px
>>7944075
SS and GOMAD
>>
>>7944081
nice meme, manlet
>>
>>7943667
>using the word manipulate
that right there tells me you'll never sleep with as many women as I have in one year as you will in your entire life.
>>
Learn how to dance
>>
Here's some things I learned lately. (I have no social life.)

Tolkien's mythology. Read his works, especially The Silmarillion and The History of Middle-Earth. (Look on tolkiengateway.net for a reading order.)

Unicycling. Then you can learn to juggle on a unicycle. (Look up Bob and Trish on YouTube for good tutorials.)

Piano. A good choice for musical instruments due to its many keys and ties to mathematics. You'll want 88 key. (Casio Privia PX-160 is a good first piano.)

Japanese. A good choice as a second language due to otaku culture and chan culture. (If you like textbooks I recommend these, in order: Japanese for Everyone, Tobira, Images of Japan.)

Shogi. A better choice as a game than chess, though offline games can be harder to find if you don't live in Japan. According to a chess master who compared various chess variations found shogi to be the best overall. He gave chess 4/10 and shogi 7/10 or something around that. I can't find the article he wrote, unfortunately. He found that master chess games often had a draw 50% of the time while shogi had a draw less than 3%. (Look up HIDETCHI on YouTube for good tutorials.)

Haskell. It's almost like programming in pure mathematics. The most autistic language that is still useful. (Haskell.org has good tutorials.)

Video games. Dwarf Fortress, Aurora 4x, Space Station 13, games by Zachitronics.

Linux From Scratch. Build a Linux system step-by-step. Installing Gentoo is less complex than doing this. But it's still step-by-step so you don't need much prerequisite knowledge.

Amateur astronomy. Start with naked eye observations with an online guide. Then go for binocular observation (Orion Scenic 7x50 and Binocular Highlights book) and later telescope observation (Orion SkyQuest XT6 Classic Dobsonian, extra eyepiece, and Nightwatch book).

Amateur radio. A good beginner's radio is BaoFeng UV-5R. (Look up "The Strelok's Guide to Ham Radio.")

I have more if anyone's interested.
>>
File: 1458116036286.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1458116036286.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>7944102
>>
>>7943546
You can learn how to program.
You can take piano lessons.
You can learn how to swim.
You can learn french.

Complete something on here
https://www.coursera.org/
>>
File: 1458278193567.jpg (83KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
1458278193567.jpg
83KB, 600x696px
>>7944123
You're right.

He should have said forced.
>>
File: image.png (139KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139KB, 2048x1536px
>>7944155
Now how the fuck I do that?
>>
>>7944212
>You can take piano lessons.
>not teaching yourself piano
KEK brainlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>7944474
>not injecting the sounds of pianos into other people's brains directly
You're trying too hard, brainlet
>>
>>7944616
not recomposing mozarts works at the age of 5 after drinking from the family reserve of the pope's personal heavenly bathwaters, will there be any hope for losers like you?
>>
>>7944193
I can confirm Haskell and shogi. Maybe I'll try out the other ones too!
>>
>>7944285
what game is this ?
>>
>>7944193
>haskell
>useful

I have bad news for you
>>
>>7944193
I always thought Tolkien was badass.

What other suggestions do you have?
>>
>>7944212
this.

also edx.org
>>
Welding and/or forging

It's actually fun and it'll make you'll feel more useful than 99% of the people around you.
>>
>>7944785
>it'll make you'll feel
>you'll
why did I do this

Point still stands.
>>
>>7944785
Man... this. I love welding so much. I was exposed to MIG, TIG, and Stick in high school and got a little part-time job in the shop room fixing broken chairs. I wish I had stuck with it and gotten some sort of trade-certification. Instead I went on to Uni to study pure sciences. I don't regret my decision, but certificate welders are literally writing their tickets for jobs.
>>
>summer is coming
>all this free time

God I miss high school sometimes
>>
>>7944709
Hot wheels
>>
Learn an instrument like other anon said. I am getting really good apparently my friends tell me and it is fun.

Read about your field to try to find cool new stuff too.

While I was hammered last night my friend told me about lucid dreaming and said it was sweet so you can try that I guess.

The autistic skills I might work on this summer are not being shit at fishing, metalworking, music composing, and being less of a fuck up failure retard.
>>
File: no thanks man.jpg (45KB, 766x460px) Image search: [Google]
no thanks man.jpg
45KB, 766x460px
>>7944785
>physical work
>>
>>7944885
b-but it's fun I swear
>>
File: drake-hotline-explanation.jpg (36KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
drake-hotline-explanation.jpg
36KB, 600x400px
>>7944888
>fun
>>
>>7944804
BEAT THAT
>>
Been reading up on cold cases, forming theories around them and also reading about political parties for a while. For this it's nice to discuss and argue sometimes, however. But I guess that's not really /sci/-related things.
Other than that, theories and facts about the universe is always fun to read up about.
>>
>>7944193
>>7944742
I can highly recommend Tolkien.
>>
>>7944193
>Linux From Scratch. Build a Linux system step-by-step. Installing Gentoo is less complex than doing this. But it's still step-by-step so you don't need much prerequisite knowledge.
How? Where is a step-by-step guide on this?
>>
>>7944798
>Jew... this. I love welding so much. I was exposed to MIG, TIG, and Stick in high school and got a little part-time job in the shop room fixing broken chairs. I wish I had stuck with it and gotten some sort of trade-certification. Instead I went on to Uni to study pure sciences. I don't regret my decision, but certificate welders are literally writing their tickets for jobs.
How hard/long is it to get a cert?
>>
>not doing industry internships, research, or working on an engineering/software project
>making it
it's almost like you want to end up working at mcdonalds after getting your useless degrees
>>
I learned how to masturbate to 2D breasts
>>
File: gorilla.jpg (132KB, 980x521px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
132KB, 980x521px
>>7943546
If you're going into cocoon mode I can offer advice on any of your concerns about it.

I was in cocoon mode for about 15 months and all I was doing was studying literature 14 hours a day and playing some guitar. (I was already at a very high level so I didn't need to play that much)

However, I have always suffered from depression and a weird sort of anxiety around people. Not talking to anyone for that length of time exacerbated the symptoms drastically, I had semi-frequent breakdowns as well but they were more due to my depression than the cocoon mode year. Something to watch out for.
I've been studying maths the past three years and that has helped out a lot. (what with having a class of fellow autists and all)

Also, I'd recommend you to start reading a lot. Not shit like LotR or Harry Potter, but serious literature and philosophy.
If you just read one book, make it Kant's Critique of Pure Reason.
>>
I have an ASD and the skills that were very easy to learn and quickly master for me was memorization of long lists of digits (hundreds to thousands) and long mental calculations. Quick language learning (especially learning Korean Hangul writing and Japanese Kana/Hiragana/Kanji) to a lesser extent too.
If you're interested in the way I learned my skills, you can email me at [email protected] - I can explain the basics and give you advice on what to learn and what direction to take to master some skills. But I will most likely not respond or even check my email for a long while (weeks) because I'm very busy with studies and other projects right now.

To sum it up, some (few) extraordinary skills can be mastered even by normies, but it may take a very, very long while for them to master these skills compared to people who are naturally gifted. But once these skills are mastered, they're usually very impressive.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.