[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ball bearing friction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: profilejxpxtxr.jpg (37KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
profilejxpxtxr.jpg
37KB, 550x550px
When bearings roll inside of a chamber, they also slide against each other, and against the roll surface.

There's a coefficient of "roll friction", but since the motion isn't pure rolling, how do you calculate friction?
>>
Depends. You'd most likely have to use sphere moment of inertia. To calulcate the inertia of the ball bearings. Then go from there.
>>
>>7937877
I want my balls to bear his friction.
>>
>>7937902
it's a chick
>>
>>7937917
Eh whatever. We're all chicks now, I guess. Or.. something.
>>
The bearings absorb shock in a spherical manner which allows the vibrations to diverge, dissipate

>how do you calculate friction?
Identify a surface which acts as a constant and compare the speeds of materials upon said surface.
>>
>>7937877
Get a clock motor and attach it to gears of known ratio. Use the fast spinning last gear to spin the ball bearing at a known speed. Use a high speed camera to measure exactly how long it takes to stop spinning. Use that and the known weight of the balls and housing to calculate the friction.
>>
>>7937940
>how do you calculate friction?
>measure it
I found the engineer
>>
>>7937877
>'slide against each other'
Nope. Triggered. Google it. Saged.
>>
File: 647px-Velocitats_Roda.svg.png (30KB, 647x413px) Image search: [Google]
647px-Velocitats_Roda.svg.png
30KB, 647x413px
>>7937877
there's only static friction in this case which dosnt slow shit down .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_resistance
basically the less deformable the balls and things they roll on are the less resistance there is and there could be friction from other places .
>>
>>7938067

>friction
>doesn't slow shit down

how?
>>
>>7938071
your ass is on the chair and has a static friction with it , the friction doesn't slow your ass .
>>
>>7937917
it's a trap
>>
>>7938079

But my ass isn't moving because of the friction
>>
>>7938183
neither is the point of contact where the bearing meets the surface it's rolling on
see pic of >>7938067
>>
>>7938194

but anon, the bearings are moving
>>
>>7937902
>>7938105
>good looking female
>must be trap
What sick world is this?
>>
>>7938265

why do you think they're called traps
>>
File: Image197.gif (4KB, 543x231px) Image search: [Google]
Image197.gif
4KB, 543x231px
>>7938260
but that's the point man, there's this cutting edge high tech method of making things move using ROUND THINGS THAT ROLL. its fucking amazing you can attach them to things and foll around .

seriously tho , car tires have no kinetic friction with the road unless you're breaking hard on a car without ABS or something ,if they had kinetic friction they'd be slow as fuck , hot as fuck and you'd have to replace them all the time like formula tires .

they do have resistance since they deform with the road giving you more contact surface and hence more road grip .this is also the reason trains exist and are super efficient , no friction, no deformation and like a few square cm contact area for the whole train .
>>
>>7937877
mechanical engineer here

>>7937901
first post best post.

read the wikipedia page on gyros
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.