[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After you die and your brain has decayed, wouldn't eventually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (28KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 235x214px
After you die and your brain has decayed, wouldn't eventually your brain reform due to quantum fluctuations and tunneling? Does this mean immortality?
>>
No thats all bullshit. Dead is dead you hippie motherfucker.
>>
is it theoretically possible? maybe
would is ever happen? no
>>
Consider your body a wave packet and your thoughts constituent waves. If the packet is destroyed the constituent waves dissipate into nothingness. While there isn't a wavefunction for consciousness, probably, it's highly unlikely these waves will reform into another being.
>>
>>7937720
>quantum fluctuations and tunneling

And people ask why we hate popsci
>>
>>7937720
back to /x/ Chopra
>>
>>7937720
>>
>>7937757
>quantum fluctuations and tunneling aren't real because a DUDE LMAO asked something about them
This is why /sci/ hates you.
>>
>>7937848
QM doesn't apply to macroscale objects you popsci faggot
>>
>>7937720
if immortality isn't impossible, i don't think your theory is the good one. Maybe it's possible, but why should this happen ? And immortality means the consciousness keeps part of its former information. Tunneling implies it doesn't
>>
File: urso-edgy.jpg (25KB, 266x330px) Image search: [Google]
urso-edgy.jpg
25KB, 266x330px
>>7937724
>>
>>7937852
It does, they are just stupidly small in scale.
>>
>>7937720
The Boltzmann Brain is a hellish concept that may be true.
>>
>>7937720

Given that you don't feel time when you don't exist, wouldn't this feel like waking up directly after dying?

Even if 200 billion years has passed?
>>
File: kylesquirrel.png (78KB, 1105x871px) Image search: [Google]
kylesquirrel.png
78KB, 1105x871px
>mfw a trillion years after i die my dick lives again and bangs trans furry loli future aliens
>>
The sun could, theoretically, quantum tunnel out of the solar system.

It could, but the probability is so small that given an infinite amount of time, you'd never see it happen. So we can say, for all intents and purposes, that it won't do that in reality.

Your brain could, theoretically, quantum fuck its way back together, but again, the chance of it happening is literally next to nothing.

In fact, it's close enough to nothing that we can say it won't happen.

That's not even getting to the can of worms that is how the brain functions and what would result from putting it back together.
>>
File: 1433175238926.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1433175238926.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>7938582
>It could, but the probability is so small that given an infinite amount of time, you'd never see it happen.
>>
File: 14719994591848.jpg (34KB, 323x303px) Image search: [Google]
14719994591848.jpg
34KB, 323x303px
>>7938292
>implying metaphysical fortune cookie philosophy crap isn't edgy
>>
I think the point trying to be made is that given an infinite amount of time, we'll all come back to life ? I think?
>>
>>7938582
By definition infinite trials will yield the event.
>>
>>7938292
Just admit you're scared of death and stop with this edgy fedora crap. Go back to /his/ with your philosophy prove god by words bull.
>>
File: bane not in charge here.jpg (17KB, 342x311px) Image search: [Google]
bane not in charge here.jpg
17KB, 342x311px
>>7938582
>It could, but the probability is so small that given an infinite amount of time, you'd never see it happen.
>>
>>7938292
Wasn't trying to be edgy, just trying to be an asshole
>>
>>7937720
Continuity is broken, would be a clone.

On a related note, we should slaughter all newage faggots tbf
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.