[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wavvves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1391049018991.jpg (799KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1391049018991.jpg
799KB, 1920x1080px
Are there more waves than electromagnetic and mechanical waves? The reason I ask is my girlfriend is crazy about crystals and whatnot and insists that crystals and humans transmit waves. Obviously any educated person knows crystals do in fact transmit small electromagnetic waves So I was wondering, is it possible that there are waves being transmitted on a spectrum we do not yet understand? Before the discovery of electromagnetic waves we did not know gamma rays, radio waves, infrared existed. So is it possible that my girlfriend is not bat shit crazy/stupid and that humans/crystals transmit waves on a spectrum on we cannot yet comprehend or scientifically test for?
>>
>>7937366
Maybe. If they're undetectable by current science, then maybe. Or maybe not. No one knows.

If you want a more detailed answer than that, go to >>>/x/
>>
Don't worry op. My wife believes in essential oils holding magical powers and other voodoo girl blog mom science. They are just naturally stupid. Don't hold it against them.
>>
>>7937370
Thanks, I guess the question is unanswerable but I was wondering if anybody knew anything more than just "no one knows"
>>
>>7937366
>is it possible that there are waves being transmitted on a spectrum we do not yet understand?
Assuming there are previously unknown waves, what makes her assume they'd be know to her, but not modern science?

> is it possible that my girlfriend is not bat shit crazy/stupid
Even though there are undoubtedly forces/things that are unknown to modern science, they are also unknown to her.
Even if she guesses something correctly (auras, chakras, whatever), she's still firmly believing in something without any basis.
That's not "bat-shit" crazy, but it's not really rational, either.
>>
>>7937377
Whew makes me feel a lot better that someone is in the same position as me. I understand they are naturally stupid, I just don't understand how they can be so sure of something with no facts to back it up.
>>
>>7937381
>so sure of something with no facts to back it up.
See literally all religions.
>>
File: f0c974d3.jpg (143KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
f0c974d3.jpg
143KB, 452x452px
Ah yes
There is also King of the Beach or Afraid of Heights
>>
>>7937366
>Obviously any educated person knows crystals do in fact transmit small electromagnetic waves
I'm educated and I didn't know that.
>>
>>7937366
do u think i can hit on those girls because im geologist?
>>
>>7937366
Gravitational waves
>>
>>7938217
Give her the dolomite
>>
>>7938185
Was gonna post a Wavves reference, but you beat me to it. Glad there's another fan out there.
>>
>>7937366
Everything is waves, OP. That doesn't make your girl not an idiot though.

quantum nonsense
>>
I don't know about crystals, but the human subtle energy field is well described in various cultures and traditions.
>>
>>7938687
Aren't those just electromagnetic waves though?
>>
>>7937366

There is precisely one other known form of wave, and that is the one following in accordance to departure of a social interaction
>>
>>7938802
No. Yes, there are tiny electrical and electromagnetic fields produced by the body, but they aren't the same as subtle energy, for want of a better term.
>>
Phonons
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.