[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

koreans on suicide watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: 1458034871843.jpg (214KB, 930x760px) Image search: [Google]
1458034871843.jpg
214KB, 930x760px
koreans on suicide watch
>>
>>7933619
Why does he even care that much? The money wasn't even involved anymore. He just needs to ask google for a fucking .exe and he can play alpha go as much as he wants.
>>
>>7933684
>Proud asian man loses to a machine in a game he dominates.

Yeah I can't see how he could be so angry/depressed/annoyed.
>>
>>7933688
It was obvious from the start that Alpha Go was superior. I mean even before it first won. It does shit that no human can do, that is how it managed an amazing comeback that any human would have fucked up.
>>
>>7933619

Did he lose the last match?
>>
>>7933697
I know that and you know that. But do you really think that one of the best players in the game thinks that? With great success comes great ego, anon.
>>
Fuck, that must be harsh as fuk to him.

>1 minute before: you're literally the best at something, literally no one can match your skills
>1 minute later: my iphone is better than you
>>
>>7933688
Sportsmen are used to losing
I doubt Kasparov was beating himself up much at losing to Deep Blue
>>
>>7933619
BANE?
>>
>>7933765

Kasparov was a whiny bitch about it, and said Deep Blue cheated.
>>
>>7933812
Deep Blue would have been BTFO had Kasparov got to play some additional matches against it.
>>
>>7933762
thats the future to all of us m8.
>>
>>7933765

The problem wasn't him losing, it's losing to a machine, you lack the context of GO in their culture, it was a sad day for most GO players everywhere, GO lost a big part of it's charm.
>>
Although he lost it is hard to consider his opponent a winner as well.
That mistake in 4th game tells it all, as well as crappy start in fifth.
It is stupid to put any hope into a single layer learning machine that cannot do anything on its own.
>>
>>7933619
>mfw lost to google translate
>mfw disowned
>>
>>7933812
How can it cheat?
>>
>>7933935
At least some of its moves were chosen by a human.
>>
>>7933806
He looks like a big guy
>>
>>7933893

So because it's not literally flawless, it's worthless? Dominating the best player in the world means nothing? Fuck off.
>>
>>7934596
Second best. Daily reminder that a chinese 15 year old literally raped Lee Sedol in a tournament, then won said tournament, and immediately rised from 4p to 9p, thereby cucking every faggot who had to do the normal progression from 1p to 2p etc.
>>
i'm not happy until alphago skins ke jie alive
>>
>>7933700
Yep, close one though.
>>
File: demisshasapiss.jpg (75KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
demisshasapiss.jpg
75KB, 1200x800px
I propose a montion
Dethrone Peter Norvig. Demis Hassabis is has THE AUTHORITATIVE WORD on AI
>>
>>7933935
A pro can beat an amateur and it can also be a machine. But an amateur + a machine can beat a pro. All the amateur has to do is look at the moves that the machine wants to play and he/she can judge for themselves if it's a good move or a bad move. If it's bad, they just look at the next move on the list and so on.
>>
>>7934623
>retard who doesnt know anything about deepmind or current state of literature in machine learning
>>
>>7933697
>>7933706
There was a seminar on alphago at my uni and apparently a lot of amateur go players also thought Lee would easily win.
>>
>>7934644
i don't understand the purpose of you post

>retard who doesnt know anything about deepmind or current state of literature in machine learning

are you describing peter norvig or the anon you responded to?
>>
>>7934682
the anon
>>
Fuck t o machine. Rematch to feel Lee Sedol's blade!!!!
>>
Deepmind vs deepmind that's what I want to see
>>
>>7934108
Nobody cared who he was until he put on the camera.

Also: uuuu
>>
>>7933619
Its time to ask the important question /sci/, if he was white would he still have lost?
>>
>>7934766
2deep4me
>>
>>7935047
>>//pol//>>
>>
>>7935111
But isn't this /racial science/? Those popular gorilla posts made me think it was.
>>
>>7934766
happend millions of times already
>>
>>7933619
Asians are highly intelligent people,
Yet incredibly stupid when it comes to emotion.
>>
>>7935227
> racial science
> if it has anything to do with races, it's not science
thats doesn't work anyway its a desperate copout
>>
>>7936133
>i dont care if youre smart!! muh feelings D:
Europoor detected
>>
>>7936173
still better than american and britbong
>>
File: 1458047421256.jpg (364KB, 1729x2383px) Image search: [Google]
1458047421256.jpg
364KB, 1729x2383px
>>
>>7936173
>Feelings don't matter in the real world. Spock was right.
Confirmed for autistic
>>
>>7936184
o-oh gosh

so qt!
>>
>>7935047
Not when the white man's average IQ is one standard deviation lower kek
>>
>>7933812
There's a pretty good chance IBM did cheat though.
>>
eh, its more like he lost to a team
he shouldn't feel too bad
>>
>>7936198
Oh the irony in this post.
>>
>>7933619
Where can I see the matches?
>>
>>7937033
Really? Fascinating. I knew I could count on /sci/ for the latest in race science.

Was Alpha Go primarily written by Jews?
>>
>>7934626
Fuck me you're dumb
>>
>>7934672
humanity is proud of itself despite having no reason for it to be so

the best thing we can give the universe is something less shitty than ourselves
>>
>>7933935
People have a long history of using fake machine intelligence to cheat.
Look into the Mechanical Turk.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk
>>
>>7934766
That is all deep mind is, for every move made by a human opponent, deep mind plays itself millions of times trying all the most strategic moves to find the optimal move.
>>
>>7933765
>I doubt Kasparov was beating himself up much at losing to Deep Blue
You are wrong. Here's Kasparov doing exactly that after losing:
http://mashable.com/2016/02/10/kasparov-deep-blue/#wsexg_ANmkqM
>>
File: history.jpg (176KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
history.jpg
176KB, 800x531px
>>7937894
Some amazing pictures in that article.

I like how both players showed absolute disbelief at what was happening.

pic related.
>>
>>7934108
4u
>>
>>7934672
I noticed that they supplied vastly more powerful hardware compared to the Fan Hui matchup. How does that factor in?
>>
>>7938028
Does anyone kwow if they ever made that exact chess engine available?
>>
>>7937855
I don't think the universe gives a shit.
>>7938093
They probably used that to do more monte carlo iterations.
>>
>>7938131
definitely not.
>>
>>7938131
In that article they state that deep blue was dismantled after it had won against Kasparov.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Blue_(chess_computer)
>The system derived its playing strength mainly from brute force computing power. It was a massively parallel, RS/6000 SP Thin P2SC-based system with 30 nodes, with each node containing a 120 MHz P2SC microprocessor, enhanced with 480 special purpose VLSI chess chips. Its chess playing program was written in C and ran under the AIX operating system. It was capable of evaluating 200 million positions per second, twice as fast as the 1996 version. In June 1997, Deep Blue was the 259th most powerful supercomputer according to the TOP500 list, achieving 11.38 GFLOPS on the High-Performance LINPACK benchmark.[12]

>Deep Blue, with its capability of evaluating 200 million positions per second, was the fastest computer that ever faced a world chess champion. Today, in computer chess research and matches of world class players against computers, the focus of play has often shifted to software chess programs, rather than using dedicated chess hardware. Modern chess programs like Houdini, Rybka, Deep Fritz, or Deep Junior are more efficient than the programs during Deep Blue's era. In a November 2006 match between Deep Fritz and world chess champion Vladimir Kramnik, the program ran on a personal computer containing two Intel Core 2 Duo CPUs, capable of evaluating only 8 million positions per second, but searching to an average depth of 17 to 18 plies in the middlegame thanks to heuristics; it won 4-2.[22][23]

Seems like DeepBlue was essentially hardware chess and programs today are far superior to it.
>>
File: total_remaining.png (171KB, 1194x523px) Image search: [Google]
total_remaining.png
171KB, 1194x523px
http://jsideas.net/python/2016/03/16/Google_DeepMind.html

Some interesting breakdown of AlphaGo vs Lee Sedol
>>
>>7933812
I actually believe him that IBM cheated.
>>
>>7937273
Have you ever fucing talked to a professional chess player? if a man is rated 2800, plays against a machine which can't beat him paired with a 2000+ player who can't beat him, the weak player + machine would destroy him. Everyone who plays chess professionally will tell you this. There are plenty of sources for this online of chess players talking about this issue.
>>
File: Stockfish_Chess_Engine.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Stockfish_Chess_Engine.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>7938206
>Have you ever fucing talked to a professional chess player? if a man is rated 2800, plays against a machine which can't beat him paired with a 2000+ player who can't beat him, the weak player + machine would destroy him. Everyone who plays chess professionally will tell you this. There are plenty of sources for this online of chess players talking about this issue.

That's funny you mention that, I was just this wiki article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockfish_(chess)
>Stockfish's strength relative to the best human chess players was most apparent in a handicap match with grand-master Hikaru Nakamura (2798-rated) in August 2014. In the first two games of the match, Nakamura had the assistance of an older version of Rybka, and in the next two games, he received White with pawn odds but no assistance. Nakamura was the world's fifth-best human chess player at the time of the match, while Stockfish was denied use of its opening book as well as endgame tablebase. Stockfish won each half of the match 1.5–0.5. Both of Stockfish's wins arose from positions in which Nakamura, as is typical of his playing style, pressed for a win instead of acquiescing to a draw.[22]

>Ranked 5th best Chess player + Chess playing program (Rybka) + handicap
vs
>Stockfish (computer program) + no opening book and endgame tablebase

Man still lost.
>>
>>7938211
Yes, but stockfish's strength relative to that of a human is much greater than a top player vs. a very very strong player. So, I don't see what your post has anything to do with what I talked about. I'm talking about man + weak computer, no handicap vs. man.
>>
Bad things to come out of this:
- People gonna start cheating on tygem
- Pro games are gonna go the way of chess where people fish for extremely narrow lines a computer found them before hand
- Google gets to gloat

Good things to come out of this:
- n/a
>>
>>7938272
>Good things to come out of this:
Lots of white collar workers on suicide watch
>>
>>7934626
False, pro's think tens of turns ahead, an amateur won't be able to think like this, and would pick moves that bring the best results within 3 turns max.
>>
>>7938287
Will C++ be the new white collar?
>>
File: 1457054842798.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457054842798.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
I want a qt corean boi
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.