[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Joe Rogan good for science? He gives a platform for a bun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Joerogan.png (202KB, 670x393px) Image search: [Google]
Joerogan.png
202KB, 670x393px
Is Joe Rogan good for science? He gives a platform for a bunch of cool people, but seems to be completely unable to grasp easy shit.

Here he is describing the 9th planet, pluto, and life in the universe a few days ago.

https://youtu.be/bjGgTFw_3iw?t=1h9m45s
>>
He's a meme, get your science from /b/ instead. They are more reputable because they are anonymous.
>>
Stoner talk is entertaining in moderation, but it's not promoting actual interest in science. They like cool facts, not mathematics and rigor.
>>
>>7927704
>not mathematics and rigor

all of my cringes
>>
the dude is a big hack in the area of martial arts and especially with science
>>
>>7927680
I get the vibe from him that he is a smart guy but smokes way too much weed
>>
Joe Rogan has evolved a lot since he started his JRE podcast. He is MUCH more skeptical now than he was before, and I think he's actually a positive force in the realm of skepticism and rational thought now (initially he was way on the opposite side of the spectrum).

I listened to that podcast and I didn't hear anything really nuts from him, but it's worth saying that he usually says the nuttiest things when he's with Bravo because he's one of his best friends and Bravo isn't very skeptical and loves conspiracy theories. Just go listen to the podcast 770 with Michael Shermer, if you listen to that you will clearly see that Joe Rogan has grown to become a very rational person, and it's a stark difference from Rogan a few years ago.
>>
>>7927680

Joe a decent guy. He means well and his heart is in the right place.
>>
>>7928878
>comes onto sceince and math board
>cringes when people talk of rigour
>>>/b/
>>
>>7929348
This. His podcast is fun most of the time and he has some interesting guests. His stand up is also pretty good. Look up "joe rogan live" from 2006. The only thing he ever did that I really hated was teh Man Show reboot
>>
Rogan might not be the smarter dude around but he is willing to learn and change his mind and that IMO says a lot of him as a person. Many people both smart and dumb are really stubborn and can't seem to change their minds even when the evidence is simply against them. But Rogan has changed his views over the years.
>>
>>7929334
Joe Rogan is evolved. In fact more evolved than you. He's so skeptical he doesn't get anything wrong unlike your unevolved ass.

I listened to that podcast and I couldn't hear anything because he's more evolved than me.
>>
>>7927680
>2 hour long video
fuck that nigger. Ain't nobody got time for that.
>>
>>7927680
He is a giant ego and a chaddish dude-lmao attitude while still maintaining to sound like a pseudo intellect. Also a shit comedian who isn't funny and can't handle hecklers for shit.
>>
>looks like a planet
>wait, is that the moon
>definitely a fucking PLANET

wew
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.