[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transmitting on Police Radio Frequencies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: police-radio.jpg (31KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
police-radio.jpg
31KB, 300x200px
How easy is this to accomplish?
>>
>>7925445
Extremely easy.
>>
>>7925774
Not OP, but follow-up question:

How hard is it to triangulate where someone is transmitting from? Asking for a friend...
>>
Bumping cause this seems interesting
>>
>>7925778
>Not OP
uh huh

>Asking for a friend...

mhmmm
>>
>>7925783
Hmm im skeptical if this
>>
>>7925778
I'm sure it's easy given the miniaturization of electronics and the anticipation of electronic warfare. Anyway they probably have systems in place for the circumstance of someone using their frequencies. The giant cell phone network is a thing you know. Think 'group call.'
>>
>>7925797
What if my pet fish turns on the radio tunes to the freq, says "Black Lives Matter," then turns the radio immediately off, and does this several times. What is the chance he'll get caught?
>>
>>7925778
The FCC literally has truckloads of equipment for this exact purpose, doubly-so if it's police frequencies.

This is felony level shit, don't fuck around with it.
>>
>>7925822
But if I'm in an apartment building or hotel what are they going to do? Knock every door and ask? No officer, if I hear about anything I'll let you know.
>>
>>7925840
We get it. You're a fucking nutjob who thinks this isn't something cops have already thought about.

Just go scream about carrying a bomb in a crowded area so the cops have a reason to put you down, you fucking afterbirth.
>>
>>7925778
>/sci/ - where bad ideas meet incompetence

this is the kind of guy unilad makes fun of once they get caught
>this lad thought he could get away with using the police frequency to swat his friend
>faces x months in jail
>>
>>7925804
>my pet fish
Oh, I get it. You're SWIMming. On an anonymous imageboard.
>>
If the cops don't get you, the ham radio guys will.

Those guys REALLY hate people transmitting when/where they aren't meant to and will obsessively track down the source of the broadcasts. I think they call it a "fox hunt" (?).
>>
>>7926571
>You're SWIMming. On an anonymous imageboard.
rekt
>>
>>7926571
>Anonymous anything
>Post PRISM

Haha good one friendo.
>>
>>7925840
>Knock every door and ask?
We are talking the feds and jamming their frequencies.
They do not knock doors.
They knock DOWN doors guns drawn looking for half an excuse to double your weight in lead. They really really really want to establish the fact that they do not want any jamming, ever.
>>
>>7925840
I'd bet the feds have equipment to triangulate the exact room from the street. My GPS is sensitive enough to tell when I go to the bathroom, and that's from SPACE.
>>
>>7925778
You are triangulated the instant you are broadcasting. Though, it really depends on where you are doing this. Some places have to have mobile units come in to figure out shit. Other places, have active triangulation.
>>
>>7926578
Yeah, it makes the boring life of a ham radio enthusiast interesting, exciting, and police will thank them later. Why wouldn't they?
>>
>>7926578
What techniques could your average amateur use to track the exact source of a signal?
>>
File: 1433792096584.png (329KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1433792096584.png
329KB, 512x512px
>>7926578
>ham radio guys
>track me down
>cant tell if youre srs
>>
>>7927414
First a dopper direction finder to get a rough bearing.
As you home in on the target you use a portable yagi antenna and receiver and just walk around the area. This has been the method used since WWII.
>>
>>7927473
But how would they know the signal is the rogue radio and not one of the hundreds of legitimate police radios all over town?
>>
>>7927505
By listening in on what the receiver is, well, receiving. Only when there is a jamming signal do you hunt for the transmitter otherwise you wait.
>>
>>7927419
they do, they go absolutely apeshit for illegal transmitters. once they have it pretty much tracked down they call the FCC, and an asswhoping follows e.g. http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=6f230b0b-1c2d-437f-8180-582f95512330

altho interfering with police radio is a federal crime iirc, so it would be a lot more serious than a fine. even jamming mobile phones can lead to years of jail time (worst case) since it could prevent someone from accessing emergency services. If you made police radio entirely unavailable (even for only a few seconds during each burst of shitposting), hooo boy...
>>
>>7929060
>shitposting through law enforcement communication tools
I really hope he broadcasts gorilla grunting sound.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.