[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder: how does a day, a week of a driven person look like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1444399803858.jpg (49KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
1444399803858.jpg
49KB, 992x558px
I wonder: how does a day, a week of a driven person look like?

Do they spend time on entertainment at all? Do they read the news, browse any blogs, watch any kind of tv shows or movies? Do they spend time educating themselves on something outside of their field? Do they have any other hobbies like art? How much do they work a day? How often do they take breaks? Do they try to maximize their work time by neglecting diet, fitness and sleep?
>>
The answer heavily depends on your definition of driven
>>
>>7924396
Well CEOs of startups, scientists, someone trying to become an astronaut...
>>
>>7924396

This.

I've been described as "driven" and being a natural hard worker by academic advisors and such.

However, I spend large amount of time doing fuck-all. The "driven" bit comes when I have shit that I need to do I'll always prioritize work and I'll always get it done and do it well. But outside of my own area I don't really give a shit. I have no hobbies and struggle to maintain a basic level of humanity.

But then you have people who work several jobs and study and have a company and have hobbies and that's a whole different can of worms.
>>
>>7924394

I'd say a very distinct trait of driven persons is that they hardly spend time on games or mating rituals, unless they are professional players or actors.

but fitness, health and diet really differs imho.
>>
Taking acid and finishing priorities you put on the backburner for a year.
>>
he probably smokes a ton of weed and delegates all the actual work to his army of hipster business flunkies
>>
>>7924394
I've heard Elon's only downtime is when he jets between his two big companies and playing vidya with his five sons (twins and triplets!)

That and the huge release parties when they have a successful "launch" (either model or rocket!)
>>
>>7924406
Startup people just work a lot. Its the least special thing ever.
>>
>>7924394
This Elon Musk cocksucking has to end. I used to like the SpaceX until I realized that their fanboys are fucking fanatical.
>>
>>7924394
When you are playing, let's say, Skyrim.
You have a quest to get to, do you occasionally stop and look at the sky, take your boots off and drink some tea in game?
You have a job to do, get to it.
>>
>>7926491
>do you occasionally stop and look at the sky, take your boots off and drink some tea in game
Yes.
>>
>>7926491
I don't even play the game. I spend months configuring all the different mods to make the game be exactly the way I want it to be. Once I'm finished I lose all interest in playing it. I then take a few months break.
>>
>>7924394
Some enjoy their work
>>
>>7924394
From my personal experience a lot of the really successful and driven people I've been around absolutely love their work which results in the line between work and pleasure blurring.

It's much easier to put in that 60-70 hour work week when you love your job so much that you'd probably be doing the same things during your time off.

Driven people also tend to be extremely focused and very good at time management. Never underestimate how much more you can get done than your peers/coworkers by simply allocating your time more efficiently.

>>7924496
>hipster business flunkies
Nope, not at SpaceX at least.

>>7924539
This is pretty accurate from what I've seen. I routinely work 50-60 hour weeks, including weekends and the occasional 2nd shift (3:30-2am) and I see Elon milling about at all hours.

>>7926541
This can't be stressed enough.
>>
>>7926568
thoughts on elon musk being an anti-trump globalist shill ?
>>
>>7926570
No problem for me so long as SpaceX keeps direct depositing my paychecks.
>>
>>7924394
I consider myself driven and succesful with respect to achieving all my own goals although I obviously don't own a Space-X tier company or anything so don't take my post seriously, but I figure it might have some eclectic value to someone.

I consider health and fitness to be the most important, without this nothing else works -at least not for me. I have zero willpower if I'm not eating right and exercising. My diet isn't extreme, I minimise simple carbs and estimate my intake, but I eat junk food if I feel like it (though I rarely do, I don't like sugar and diary products since cutting it out). For fitness I do lifting and cardio, but it's not really important as long as I do something consistently without spending too much time and effort on it.

My weekday schedule starts at 5:30, I workout/do cardio depending on the day and arrive at work early. I start the day doing admin and reading the news untill other people start arriving, I get everything done that I need from other people as soon as they arrive (in general people are unreliable as fuck later in the day). I then get some actual work done untill I have to do a meeting etc. I do IF/LG so don't eat my first meal untill 2, after a decent meal I work untill 6-9, go home, eat and I'm in bed by 10.

>Hobbies/entertainment
I don't really derive much enjoyment from my old hobbies anymore, I try to maintain some of my hobbies (including sketching), but that and entertainment/video games are more of a boring chore that I only occasionally force myself to do. I love my work far more.

>breaks
I take them when I need to. Short breaks during the day, long breaks after deadlines/achieving significant goals or after I pulled all-nighters etc. Spend most weekends studying outside my field.

>other
Something else a lot of people skimp over is spending time and effort on making yourself look attractive which is important in every field involving other people including academia and anything that isn't IT really.
>>
>>7926538

I despise people like you.
>>
File: animaniacs.jpg (74KB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
animaniacs.jpg
74KB, 480x369px
>>7926585
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead.
>>
>>7926538
Me
>>
>>7925314
>Not liking something simply based on the fanbase
You sound like someone who cares way too much about what other people think of you
>>
>>7926615
Not really. In the first place I mostly socialize with my colleagues/other friends at my institution, we regularly go out drinking or organize BBQs etc. I make an effort to at least do something social on thursdays. Because I'm always on top of my work I can leave work early when I want to to head to a bar/club, though I don't really stay out past 10 since I don't feel the need to.

You don't have to stay out late with all the retarded druggie kids to be social.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.