[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to live a zero trash life ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

What do you all think ?
This woman says it can be done and as you can see here, this is all her trash from within the last year.
Also, and this is surprising, she says recycling is not the answer and we should recycle less. In fact, we should start reUSING instead.

Thoughts?

http://www.goingzerowaste.com/blog/2016/3/10/32jmfqi49fwy6drwnz5ekusin3pclq
>>
define "trash"
its impossible to live without waste [spoiler]define waste [/spoiler]
> poo poo pee pee
>>
>>7923676
obviously we're not referring to biological functions
>>
>>7923676
Burn your poop or make biogas with it for fuel.

Some engineers in India designed a generator that runs on feces to bring electricity to remote rural villages. I shit you not (pun unintended).
>>
from the blog

>Methane is 72% more powerful than CO2.

it doesn't even explain what it's 72% better than CO2 at
>>
pretty irrational, you cannot live an active lifestyle where you contribute to society in a first world country without making waste. Maybe that is all the physical trash she produced at her home. But think about the waste water from daily life, energy to power your home likely comes from coal if you live in north america. We should try to minimize waste, but it is unreasonable to eliminate it entirely. You know this, but still you shit post.
>>
>>7923676
"define"fags are the worst. use your brain for once in your life.
>>
File: FOB4.jpg (149KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
FOB4.jpg
149KB, 1024x682px
http://www.engineeringforchange.org/10-ways-to-put-human-waste-to-use/
>>
>>7923690
> contribute to society ... unreasonable to eliminate.

we'll talk about this again when countries will start going green entirely (Germany is close)
>>
File: 1433121981581.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1433121981581.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>7923692
>...she may be the only person in India with a doctorate in ecological sanitation.
>>
File: bart_fight_future.webm (785KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
bart_fight_future.webm
785KB, 500x280px
>>7923688
Must .... burn .... poop !
>>
>>7923691
Are you seriously this lacking in self-awareness, or am I chomping at a 10/10 bait?
>>
>>7923665
Yes.

It comes down to logistics for most people. They live in an area where they do not have access to products that don't contain what will be trash for them. Changing One's habits is only the first step and it can only go so far as it really depends on where you live.

>link

This link? Your link doesn't work,

http://www.goingzerowaste.com/blog/one-year-of-trash

I consider any products you must send out to a recycling center as trash you have failed to reuse or recycle for yourself. Thus, the person in this blog, in my opinion, has a great deal more trash every year than they'd like to admit or count.

Here's what you can do,

-Don't buy products that have trash you can't deal with, when you actually need to buy something.
-Reuse cellulose-based products as mushroom growing medium (I'm a little waffly about burning this for heat, cooking, etc. that's a bit of a waste really) Spent mushroom growing medium goes into the garden.
-Recycle plastics and metals into items you can use.
-Reuse containers for your own needs.
-Recycling organic materials/feces into compost for your farm/garden (including biogas methane/high nitrogen fertilizer generation).

>>7923688
Making biogas methane is the best use for it because you will have both methane and high nitrogen fertilizer to use. Simply burning feces isn't as efficient.

>>7923676
Things that you are unable or unwilling to reuse or recycle for yourself; which you toss into the trash for trash collectors to pick up or into the recycling bin for recycling collectors to pick up.
>>
projects like these are dumb because they don't consider all the trash generated to support their lifestyle that they didn't personally generate
>>
>>7923688
>tfw the Indian government has been breeding nuclear reactor level Pajeet power machines
>>
>>7923706
probably the only person in India with a GED in sanitation period
>>
>>7923665
Let's just tier humans into citizens, toilets, 2nd toilets, etc.
>>
>>7924316
List some please.
>>
I think the Zero Waste movement is pretty damn cool, OP.

I've started following some of the tips I've heard from YT videos and I very rarely need to throw things out now. Once I start making my own soap and deodorant (as well as start using my canvas bags because I always forget to bring them), the only things I'll have to throw out are treat wrappers.
>>
File: DSCN1835a.jpg (675KB, 1024x2296px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1835a.jpg
675KB, 1024x2296px
>>7924445
>the only things I'll have to throw out are treat wrappers.

Time to learn how to make candies and baked goods, anon.
>>
>>7923665
recycling is very overrated, its like using painkillers to treat a severed limb

bio-degradable containers are what we need
>>
File: 800px-Wrap_Rage_Example.jpg (84KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Wrap_Rage_Example.jpg
84KB, 800x567px
>>7924467
>we need this
>we need that

How about getting rid of that "need" in the first place by reducing consumption and making reusable containers that don't need to be recycled but can be if needed or decompose if needed, but focus on being reusable?
>>
>>7924467
not efficient. With bio-degradable containers you end up with CO2 and H2O. If you don't want to recycle it, it's better to use it for pyrolysis. Hell even burning it is more efficient
>>
>>7923689
It is much better at POWER!
>>
File: I will fuck your mind.jpg (8KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
I will fuck your mind.jpg
8KB, 215x234px
>We should Recycle less
>we should start reUSING instead
Holy fucking shit, that is what Recycle is, you crazy faggot
>>
>>7924494
>>>/wsg/976334
you blew my mind with your simple understanding
>>
>>7923665
the easiest way is by scrounging, living off of trash itself. One, packaging is already gone. Two, a lot of what is thrown out is perfectly usable, just slightly damaged.
>>
>>7924494
No, "reusing" isn't "recycling".

Reusing is taking that milk jug and using it for a water bottle after there's no more milk in it or cutting it up and making a funnel out of it or a small wind turbine.

Recycling is taking the same milk jug and melting it down to make it into a plastic blank you can carve a knife handle out of or make into a joiner's mallet.

"Upcycling" is the same thing as "reusing" only you are reusing it in a fashion as to increase its inherent value.
>>
File: reuse_reduce_recycle1.jpg (21KB, 470x355px) Image search: [Google]
reuse_reduce_recycle1.jpg
21KB, 470x355px
>>7924494
>he doesn't know about the 3 R's.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.