[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Additive free tobacco.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: menthol.jpg (12KB, 260x315px) Image search: [Google]
menthol.jpg
12KB, 260x315px
Look guys, I have been looking for a straight answer on this for a while. I don't like drinking or smoking weed, they fuck with my head too much, but I like tobacco. I have grown up with additive free cigarettes, and want to know if they are significantly safer than normal cigarettes. Every website I have looked at about this says the same thing, that it doesn't matter whether cigarettes have additives or not, they are all just as bad because inhaling all that smoke is bad. Well, inhaling smoke may be bad, but extreme stoners never get lung cancer, so how is smoking a few additive free cigs a day(sometimes none) worse? I just want a straight answer, am I gonna die from lung cancer if I smoke, say, 3 to at most 7 additive free cigs a day? What is the part of the cigarette giving everyone cancer, all the chemicals or the tobacco itself? All I know is everyone smoked a back in the day and they only started dying when all these chemicals came about. Give me a straight answer, /sci/.

Also, what is it with doctors and smoking? So many of the doctors I know smoke, I would say a majority, kek. Sorry for the weird question, biology and medical stuff just isn't my thing, but if anyone needs help on calc, I'm your man.
>>
>>7920949
Logically speaking, safer than additive cigarettes, but they're not safe.

>What is the part of the cigarette giving everyone cancer, all the chemicals or the tobacco itself?

'Yes'.

Seriously though, consider just vaping. Who gives a fuck if you look like a fedora, it's much less risky.
>>
>>7920949
Didnt read your post but I assume you are trying to rationalize smoking, which is fucking pathetic.
>>
I used additive free cigarettes to transfer to vaping. Due to the lack of additive regulations you would be shocked how vile a Marlboro red is and they were a bit cheaper to quit when I did. When I was smoking I "felt" better moving to the nochems cigs but vaping is the way to go.
>>
>>7920949
Isn't not free tabacco additive as well?

>1kg of tabacco, + 1 kg of tabacco is equal to 2 kg of tabacco.
>>
>>7920949
> What is the part of the cigarette ... giving ... cancer
sorry to say that, but it's the smoke, not the cigarette... so, I suggest you to just not inhale that shit and you should be fine with your cigarettes
>>
I think it may be a combination of additives and a lack of filters that make cigarettes potentially bad for you. One reason why Japaense people don't get sick from smoking is due to charcoal filters.
>>
First demonstrate that additive free cigarettes are in fact associated with lower incidences of cancer.

Your childhood memories do not count as strong evidence.
>>
>>7920949
I'll try and look for some papers.

From a completely non-scientific view additive free may be better than normal. Additives do a lot of things like masking odor, increasing nicotine delivery, burn better etc.

If you remove those and smoke only tobacco I assume it would be less damaging.

>>7921174
>>7921211
I know it's crazy but some just enjoy smoking. I will literally never understand the amount of butthurt that non smokers get when dealing with smokers. Who fucking cares what recreational drug someone chooses to do?
>>
>>7920949
so, like, 100% pure tobacco has a menthol flavor or something?
>>
>>7922464
>>
>>7922464
Thanks man. I tried to look at articles about studies from typical websites, because I have no idea how to read or draw conclusions from medical studies, but all the sites would never really explain results from studies, they would just say that it is still bad even if it is safer.
>>
>>7923177
>I have no idea how to read or draw conclusions
>>
>>7920949
>extreme stoners never get lung cancer
>they only started dying when all these chemicals came about
top kek
>>
>>7923213
It's true though.
>>
>>7923288
It's false though.
>>
>>7923177
>they would just say that it is still bad even if it is safer.
The medical industry wants vaporizing to have negative health effects so badly.
>>
>>7923294
There's been no link between marijuana smoking and cancer. Additives do make cigarettes unhealtheir.
>>
>>7923404
American Spirits have additives, faggot.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/business/class-action-suit-sought-against-makers-of-american-spirit-cigarettes/article_e531e21b-1199-5929-af9e-83881c34ae5c.html
>>
>>7923409
Where in that article does it say they have additives? I skimmed through it and didn't see anything.

Also, as for my initial question, again, if I smoke 3-7 additive free cigs a day, am I gonna die from lung cancer? That is all I wanna know now.
>>
>>7923476
you are inhaling burning ash into your lungs. You are doing damage to your lungs, they are very sensitive to fine particulates. If you keep smoking, you are more likely to get lung cancer.
>>
Using dip will give you cancer. So it might be the nicotine itself.
>>
>>7923552
Dip is smoke cured. Its the chemicals in the smoke.

Snus won't, because it is cured with hot steam, but there are still the negative effects of nicotine on your skin and arteries.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.