[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY ARE THE FUCKING BEES DYING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (24KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 350x232px
WHY ARE THE FUCKING BEES DYING
>>
They figured this out awhile ago basically chemical runoff from farming stuff caused a disorder in the bees making them dessert the hive and die or go away or something.
>>
• pathogens
• parasites
• pesticide
http://www.ars.usda.gov/news/docs.htm?docid=15572
>>
File: sundae.jpg (7KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
sundae.jpg
7KB, 211x239px
>>7920894
>dessert
Tell me more anon
>>
>>7921266
honey is sweet but so is your bee hole
>>
File: 1450130624018.jpg (72KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
1450130624018.jpg
72KB, 500x348px
Cell phones
>>
i got stung by a bee took a month for the stinger to come out fuck bees
>>
Are they really dying? I see beehives and bees all the time. I mean, theres a whole lot more wasps around, but the bees are everywhere.
>>
>>7920882
They are not evolving fast enough. There's only a few strains used en masse. They are the bananas of the insect world. Humans need to breed more hardy strains.

>>7921293
Yes, I have several hives. All of them died off, luckily one hive was refilled with a wild colony. The month of March is the month that is harshest on them. It had good weather but no flowers. All the hives I've ever lost has been during this month. Same goes for every person's hive in the local bee keeper's association, except for the few filthy people that let mites destroy their hives.

The colonies here started dying when one of my neighbors, the one with the largest about of farm land started growing corn everywhere. I don't know what they are spraying or what type of corn it is, but ever since then, things have been shit for bees here.
>>
>>7920882
Usually happens in the winter. It's just that memedia have decided to make a huge fuzz out of a natural occurrence.
>>
>>7920882

Because they don't want to be here anymore
>>
>>7920882
who gives a fuck about bees? chemists can easily make artificial honey. Its just synthesizing a bunch of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen atoms and shit.

>inb4 b-b-but Monsanto is evil!
>>
>>7920882

I've got a very non scientific explanation which happens to apply to most parts where this happens in my country.

before, the fields where seperated by a small strip of green which was allow to grow all around a field partly because it was not attended that thoroughly and partly for wildlife to be able to pass through large fields without exposure

but because of economic reasons this strips are gone now, they not also provided a safe zone for rodents but also allowed flowers to grow.

tho I think pesticides are still the main reason for the reported bee dyings, cutting of the small islands of food between fields forces them to forage way beyond their normal range
>>
>>7921857
only a few species of bees even produce enough honey for humans to eat
>>
>>7921283
>Cell phones
vaccines
>>
>>7921857

I HOPE this is a troll
>>
Bees are responsible for over 60% of the food supply. Those who think honey are woefully uneducated. They are dying in their thousands because Monsanto is genetically modifying plants to kill bees and powerful pesticides are attacking the rest. Monsanto wants to control the food supply with their Frankenseeds. We are in big trouble. http://qz.com/107970/scientists-discover-whats-killing-the-bees-and-its-worse-than-you-thought/
>>
>>7921949
Nah mate, mix 6 moles of carbon with 12 moles of hydrogen and 6 moles of oxygen
You synthesized high gluctose corn syrup
>>
>>7921857
Honey isn't just sugar, or any other one compound, you tard.
>>
>>7921990
No one cares if they make honey or not retard. Bees have a bigger role to play
>>
>>7920882
Because they live. All living things die eventually.
>>
Bees are all cucks who cares
>>
>>7920882
natural selection, the weak faggot bees die and the strong ones continue.
>>
>>7921962
Bee here, can confirm
>>
>>7921962
>Bees are responsible for over 60% of the food supply.
Sounds like bullshit. If 60% of the entire bee supply is just used for almonds, and almonds are not a particularly large portion of the food supply, how can they possibly account for 60% of it?

>They are dying in their thousands because Monsanto is genetically modifying plants to kill bees
LOL
>>
>>7920882
Why are you killing them?
>>
>>7921909
monasto
>>
>>7923451
mönsåntö
>>
None
Of
Your
Beeswax
>>
>>7921990
That's not honey.

Even filtering out the pollen in honey is illegal if you label it, "honey".
>>
>know a guy irl who is on a team soon to be producing the world's largest beehive detection software
I really don't know specifics but yeah, weird feel.
>>
>>7920882
Pesticides and a disease
>>
>>7923580
Who's bankrolling it? Why must they find all the bees?
>>
>>7922896
What drugs are you on? Describe for us how the trip is going for you plz.
>>
>>7920882
No socialized medicine. Vote for Blarney Samblers!
>>
The non-shitpost answer is that they are dying in the US from a combination of round up corn pesticide being incredibly toxic to insects (probably shouldn't be used for human consumption, but we rarely test pesticides fully on people) I think as a neurotoxin, I may be mistaken, along with the stress of commercial pollination, and just simply living in the US while that stressed makes them perceptible to our less than fair seasons and parasites.
>>
>>7923990
>and just simply living in the US
Especially during tax season.
>>
>>7921857
>not even considering the effect on the ecosystem
fuck you and everyone like you
>>
>>7921857
>honey is the only reason bees are alive
>>
>>7923873
I know they're partnered with FSU--specifically the PC campus (the city we live in)--and that's about the extent of my knowledge.
>>
>>7923904
So you have no evidence of your claims?

>>7923990
http://entomologytoday.org/2015/10/13/glyphosate-acetamiprid-low-toxicity-honey-bees-2/
>>
>>7921857
>honey will pollinate plants
End life pls
>>
File: deathofthebees.png (999KB, 893x1228px) Image search: [Google]
deathofthebees.png
999KB, 893x1228px
pouring gallons of honey on people for art.
>>
>>7921851
Except that's wrong.
>>
File: w.png (7KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
w.png
7KB, 250x187px
OUR

FUCKING

CELLPHONES
>>
>>7924336
It's probably inverted sugar with colouring and not real honey.

If you buy the cheapest shit off the honey shelf you're likely to get just that.
>>
>>7924351
Neonicotinoids.
The appropriately named mite: Verroa DESTRUCTOR.
Other pathogens.

Those are the likely candidate.

Radio waves? Nah bro.
>>
File: 1.jpg (58KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
58KB, 350x232px
>>7924357
It's happening before your own eyes, moron. Try opening them.
>>
>>7924361
If I could see radio waves I wouldn't need to open them.
>>
File: afp19980601p2695-f1.gif (69KB, 400x227px) Image search: [Google]
afp19980601p2695-f1.gif
69KB, 400x227px
>>7924364
Yeah you would, that's the whole point of eyelids...
>>
>>7924366
good thing faraday shields are not made of human flesh
>>
>>7921857
"If bees die out, humans will be extinct within two minutes."

-Albert Einstein
>>
>>7924412
Nice fake quote, I can tell you're very intelligent.
>>
>>7924412

put this on a picture of stephen hawking
>>
>moved into a modern apartment complex last year
>solid concrete walls
>windows out to the ocean
>tfw signal free office
I'll outlive you fucks by 20-30 years, have fun with your smartphones and wifi.
>>
>>7924436
Jealous bro. Props
>>
>>7924420
And change bees to wasps.
>>
>>7924357
this this this
source: I'm a former beekeeper
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.