[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fahrenheit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: 1452549804494.png (901KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1452549804494.png
901KB, 690x460px
>fahrenheit
>>
>>7919456
>drakeposting
>>
>>7919456
>Drakeposting
>>
Finally a yellow no thanks man meme thread whose meme arrow item is relevant.
>>
>>7919456
>drakeposting
>>
File: 1453334416978.jpg (99KB, 700x556px) Image search: [Google]
1453334416978.jpg
99KB, 700x556px
>>7919456
>celcius

desu they're all retarded , kelvin is semi-tolerable .
>>
>>7919514
Celsius and kelvin equivalent and easily convertible

Fahrenheit (and inches, lab's, etc) are nonsensical, nonlinear, dumb shit
>>
>>7919456
Farenheit is objectively better for speaking in terms of weather.
Celcius is objectively better for scientific experiments and measurements.
Get over yourself.
>>
Celsius is like a clock that starts at negative four
>>
>>7919865
kelvin at least has a non arbitrary starting point , but arbitrary unit size .
celcius is completely arbitrary .
farenhait is JUST FUCK MY UNITS UP SENPAI.

>>7919879
but its useless, you need to convert it to use it with anything .
>>
>>7919456
>drakeposting
>>
>>7919879
0 is freezing
100 is boiling
How much more simple does it need to be in order for americans to understand the morning weather bulletin?
>>
>>7919885
Celsius and kelvin have the same unit size
And water's boiling point is only slightly more arbitrary than absolute zero
>>
>>7919897
Have you ever seen water boil outside?
>>
>>7919911
Have you ever seen a slurry of ice, water and ammonia?
>>
>>7919902
starting temperature at zero is not arbitrary .
starting the boiling point of a some material under very specific conditions is arbitrary as fuck .both have an arbitrary size so they're both shit .
a good temperature unit is one that starts at 0 and derives its units from natural units .
>>
>>7919930
I've seen 0 Fahrenheit
>>
>>7919456
>drakeposting
>>
>>7919865
>he doesn't know that literally all temperature scales are arbitrary and that all temperature scales with an absolute zero and one fixation point are objectively interchangeable
>>
>>7920446

Do you even know where the 32 in farenheit comes from?
>>
I like Fahrenheit cuz superior weather numbers. I literally have no problem boiling or freezing water with this scale. It's not difficult to remember two numbers. That's literally the only advantage of Celsius over F. Not that F has great advantages besides the weather numbers. But I can tell you the freezing point of a 50/50 brine solution (it's 0 degrees). Try doing that Celciusfags.
>>
File: fo4.jpg (26KB, 598x241px) Image search: [Google]
fo4.jpg
26KB, 598x241px
>>7919988

>natural units

like what the fuck does that even mean? nature somehow measures itself? All measurements are, objectively, concepts made by man in order the represent reality, and therefore NOT natural.

So if i stuck a slice of your brain under a microscope, would the cells somehow tell me that they are autistic? like the cells would re-arrange to spell out "Damn Daniel" or some shit?
>>
Rankine>>Kelvin
>>
>>7919456
Fahrenheit, was modeled after the human bodies heat. While Celsius was modeled after the boiling and freezing points of water.
>>
>>7919879
>Farenheit is objectively better for speaking in terms of weather

It's really not. I grew up with F and I prefer C for weather. Water freezing us the single most important weather change so it makes sense for 0, and 1 C is about the smallest noticeable change in air temp. Plus even the decades work out nicely.

30s = Beach weather
20s = warm/indoors
10s = sweater weather
0's = need a coat
-0's = freezing
-10's = balls cold
>>
>>7920706
This. Dunno why Americans claim Fahrenheit is better for weather. How the fuck is 50 F a better indicator of cold than 10 C? Hot temperatures I guess but for cold ones Fahrenheit fails miserably.
>>
>>7920718
50F is literally right in the middle of that scale he just posted. It's a middling temp.
>>
>>7920506
yes, that's why i distinguished between scientific temperature scales (scales with an absolute zero and exactly one fixation point) and everything else.

rankine, for instance (rankine is to fahrenheit what kelvin is to celsius) is just as valid as kelvin.

confirmed for not even knowing basic thermodynamics
>>
>>7919897
Fahrenheit: 0 really cold; 100 really hot
Celcius: 0 really cold; 100 you're dead
Kelvin: 0 you're dead; 100 you're dead
>>
>>7920718
50 F isn't cold retard
>>
24 hour clock > metric clock
>>
>>7920529
Planck units are determined entirely by physical constants.
For example, the speed of light and the (reduced) Planck constant are both set to 1. If you do this for some other constants, such as Newton's G, you can then use various equations from physics to determine lengths, temperatures, mass, etc. These are the Planck length, Planck temperature, and Planck mass, and are objective in the sense that they're determined entirely by natural constants.
Note that this definition of the Planck constant has nothing to do with "the shortest length", or anything like that - it's just the unit of length 1 when you set c = h-bar = G = [math]\frac{1}{4 \pi \epsilon_0}[/math] = 1.
>>
One degree Fahrenheit is a smaller Temperature difference than one degree Celsius. Thus, Fahrenheit is more precise and a Fahrenheit based temperature scale is to be preferred.
>>
>>7921848
>tfw no Planck luminous intensity or Planck amount
Also you forgot Planck time and Planck charge.

Speaking of which, I really hope that retarded SI definition change doesn't pass.
>>
>>7919470
>meme arrow item
MEME ARROW ITEM HAHAHAHA
>>
>>7919470
>no thanks man
Kek
>>
clearly the only good temperature scale is 0-1
0 being absolute 0 and 1 being plank temp
>>
>>7921966
>Thus, Fahrenheit is more precise

underrated post
>>
>>7921772
>Fahrenheit: 0 really cold; 100 really hot

20 is also "really cold." 90 is also "really hot."
>>
>>7921750
If you really want to defend a messurement system scaled off of a woman's armpit temperature go ahead.

But dont laugh when I call American measurements the lowest of lowest denominators
>>
>>7922479
rankine uses the freezing point of brine as its fixation point.

you still don't grasp what i was talking about, do you? i'm not even american, i just know fundamentals. please stop posting.
>>
>>7922479
>If you really want to defend a messurement system scaled off of a woman's armpit temperature go ahead.

Answers the question as to whether he was a Caesarian or a droput.
>>
Join SI you backwards hillbillys
>>
>>7922489
This is a thread on farenheit over celcius, not kelvin, not anything else.
>>
>>7919456

>anything not kelvin
>>
>>7919865

>boo hoo we can't understand imperial units because it's too hard
>>
>>7921966

dubs truth
>>
>>7922515
>I enjoy adding additional unnecessary difficulty to conversions
If you did and real life stem work you'd know imperial a shit
>>
>>7922526

>struggling with minor conversions

Enjoy assembling the "t" part of stem jobs.
>>
>>7922568
They're *unnecessary* additions, resulting in more things to remember

And, you often lose accuracy (e.g using 1600 instead of 1609.34

Just go for the social sciences fAm
>>
>>7922582
> losing accuracy from conversions
Are you in high school or something?
>>
>>7922589
>memorising conversion factors to >3sf
>>
>>7922599
> memorizing anything
yep high school
>>
>>7922582
>>7922589
>>7922599
>Download dev-c++
>Use this convert fahrenheit to celsius
>// enter the temperature in Celsius
#include <iostream>
Using namespace std;
Int main()
{
int celsius;
cout << “Enter the temperature in Celsius:”;
cin >> celsius;
// calculate conversion factor for Celsius
// to Fahrenheit
int factor;
factor = 212 - 32;
// use conversion factor to convert Celsius
// into Fahrenheit values
int fahrenheit;
fahrenheit = factor * celsius/100 + 32;
// output the results (followed by a NewLine)
cout << “Fahrenheit value is:”;
cout << fahrenheit << endl;
// wait until user is ready before terminating program
// to allow the user to see the program results
system(“PAUSE”);
return 0;
}
>>
>>7921772

>Celcius: 0 = water is freezing; 100 = water is boiling
It's logic, water is very important in our everyday life and in term of biology.

>Kelvin : 0 = absence of termal energy
it makes sense from a scientific point of view

>Fahrenheit: ?????????????????????????????
>>
>>7922582

>implying I don't already have a job utilizing my degree.
>>
>>7923167
>psychologist is a job
>>
File: 1441771927530.png (63KB, 720x681px) Image search: [Google]
1441771927530.png
63KB, 720x681px
>>7923158
>>
File: 321684984949.png (124KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
321684984949.png
124KB, 500x375px
>>7920718
Bias. They grew up with their temperature unit and therefor believe it's the better one. You can especially see how they are unaware of their bias when they come with the argument
>With Fahrenheit I can actually tell how hot and how cold it is
>How is that even possible with Celsius??
Ahh, yeah you think that because you didn't grow up with Celsius. Obviously it would be easy for you to tell what is hot and what's cold in Celsius if you grew up with it. Or at least take one single minute to read up on it.
Fahrenheit is simply dumb because when its value raises by 1 you as a human being couldn't even feel the difference in temperature change. And now you are going in the hundreds with that unit. How pointless it that.

Just look at this idiot >>7919897
>Fahrenheit: 0 really cold; 100 really hot
>Celcius: 0 really cold; 100 you're dead
Why do you set this comparison up to the values of Fahrenheit when both units obviously are different?
It's: 0 really cold; 40 really hot for Celsius.
>>
>>7922526
>making conversion unnecessarily harder because reasons
You believe you are smarter for having to solve harder conversions, but you are actually dumber for making it unnecessarily harder for yourselves. You will still take more time solving your conversions then we do, and that's really a petty task to make harder for yourself. It really has no logical reason why it should be this way.
>>
>>7923158
That's just wrong. There is literally no objective reason to use Celsius. Water is important, but so is tons of other temperature-dependent stuff.
Fahrenheit also makes a lot of sense in everyday situations. 100° is about body temperature, 0° is about the coldest it would get at wherever the scale was invented. So lower values = cold, higher values = warm. If you judge Celsius on climate temperatures, it is completely arbitrary. If you judge both scales by the phase transition points of ethanol, both seem completely arbitrary.

Kelvin has nothing to do with it, because it's just Celsius corrected for absolute 0. The same exists for Fahrenheit (Rankine).

Even the SI units are completely arbitrary, The first gram was the weight of some block. The first meter was the length of some specifically made object.

Also, the Celsius scale is not even defined anymore by the freezing and boiling point of water, because that is too unspecific (if you get into more precise temperature ranges). You have multiple defining points, one is the triple point of water.
>>
>>7920529
natural units means units that correlate to some fundamental thing in nature .
for example there's a minimum and maximum velocity in nature , the minimum being 0 and maximum being the speed of light so a natural unit of velocity would be c . so you can describe object moving at for example 7*10^-8 C.

another example would be electric charge , you take the charge of one particle and call it 1e and describe all charges by how many times the charge of that particle they have .
its not about nature measuring anything its about certain things in nature having certain magnitudes that are fundamental .an arbitrary unit would be just defining speed as some random portion of the speed C.

think of natural units as the units that we could arrive at and other species\civilizations on other systems\galaxies could arrive at the same units independently simply because the same physical laws apply in both places .
>>
File: h21b.gif (4KB, 275x141px) Image search: [Google]
h21b.gif
4KB, 275x141px
>>7921839
dont even get me started into this bullshit of dividing time into 1 to 60 , 1 to 60 , 1 to 24 bullshit. its fucking retarded .

time should be measured in something like hyperfine transitions of hydrogen from a starting point of the big bang .
>>
>>7924057
>dont even get me started into this bullshit of dividing time into 1 to 60 , 1 to 60 , 1 to 24 bullshit. its fucking retarded .
Please do get started.
It makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>7924031
I think you meant to reply to who I was replying to
>>
>not using plank temperature
Yall faggots.
>>
>>7924072
why 60 ? why 24 ? basing time on some fraction of a day on one planet out of kajillions of planets at a particular period of time (day was longer\shorter at other times) is fucking retarded not to mention the fact that every and and every year is longer\shorted to all other days years .

and even if you do tis why 1/60 ? why not divide the day into 10 and those subdivisions into 100 and them into 100 or something like that ? or divide the day into 1000 and those into 10s . the 1/60 1/60 1/24 isnt even internally consistent , its not 1 to 60 all the way up or all the way down .
>>
>>7924116

>plank
>planck
>doesn't use it either
>>
File: tumblr_mqj0nbKUhL1qeablwo1_400.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqj0nbKUhL1qeablwo1_400.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>7921777
let me guess.... does your country have free healthcare?
>>
>>7919456
>not using Delisle
>>
Its centigrade not celsius you fucking savages
>>
>using units
Physics brainlets please go.
>>
>>7924032
>The first meter was the length of some specifically made object.
I used to believe this until I became an egyptologist
>>
>>7924057
how fast is the earth spinning?

in one second, staring from space at a fixed point, how much ground would pass by?
>>
>>7924129
easy. the pyramids
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.