[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you remember all of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: PeriodicTableMuted.png (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PeriodicTableMuted.png
329KB, 1920x1080px
How do you remember all of this?
>>
>>7916085
Just having a pure interest and enjoyment in the subject.
It's called Selective Learning. There's faggots who can memorise hundreds of lines from films because they enjoy films, a chart with 100 or elements is nothing.

I remember 20 more elements and their placements than the average person I meet, because I was more interested in Chemistry than them, not because they're dumber.
>>
File: 1450911069968.jpg (36KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1450911069968.jpg
36KB, 500x469px
>>7916085
Tell your instructor that if you wanted to memorize things you would study biology. The entire purpose of the periodic table is to be used as a cheat sheet, not for lazy teachers to assign as busy work for students.
>>
Just remember the important ones and your favorites. Properties help a lot. I thought scandium was another boring transition metal but then I learned it was basically a lanthanide.
>>
>>7916132
>implying f-orbitals
>>
>>7916085
you dont. there's no need to. though i think i remember the first 30 off the top of my head.
>>
>>7916085
by being a NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>7916085
you don't need to if you're gonna use chemistry for pursuing science.what you need to memorize is ion's ionic charges, acid ,maybe the lanthanide series if you're in highschool.

the nucleon numbers are gonna be given when the test come around lemme tell you and remember, Cl = 35.5
>>
>>7916336
35.45**
>>
Why would I need to remember it? The professor let's us use a periodic table on the test.
>>
>>7916348

eh,those extra numbers are only necessary when you need extremely precise stuff which comes in physics,chemistry is more lax in that particular area
>>
>>7916383
>Why would I need to remember it? The professor let's us use a periodic table on the test.

I have sat chemistry tests in the past where we had no periodic table and were expected to remember everything.
>>
i know the first 54 but i can't name them in order or their atomic mass.
>>
i cannot understand on earth why a professor would make you take any chemistry test without a periodic table

it's completely pointless to do that - what purpose does it serve to know it from memory? If you just give students the table and make them do a lot of problems, they will end up memorizing the key elements anyway
>>
by not being a u90 iq sub human
>>
>>7916085
Most reactions involve reactive elements found on both ends of the table. That's for basic organic chemistry at least.

The other set of interesting to know elements are those from the 8th to 10th row. Group 8 to Group 10.
>>
Tom Lehrer
>>
>>7916093
this
>>
>>7916085
Is there another arrangement of the elements that has a more natural feel to it. No break-outs like the two series.
>>
>>7916085
Here he lies beneath bed clothes, nothing on feeling nervous
>>
>>7916085
if you can use a keyboard to type, you can learn this just the same
>>
File: HarleySmart.jpg (31KB, 228x243px) Image search: [Google]
HarleySmart.jpg
31KB, 228x243px
>>7917146
>>
>>7916920

seconded for >>7916093

selective learning stemming from a passion in the field.

if you're not going out of your way to read scientific journals in your field, for fun, then you're not in the right field m8.
>>
>>7917146
Naughty magaret always sighs, Please stop clowing around
>>
>>7917291
this
>>
>>7916116
This. On all my chem exams at a top-25 uni, we're given a periodic table and important formulas, because they want to test conceptual knowledge. Memorization is for cucks.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.