[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are people so against education?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Example A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xe6nLVXEC0

I don't understand all the hate the education system gets at least here in canada as a teacher I hear a complaints like this ALL the fucking time

Do these people not understand that there are classes like world issues, fiance and accounting are just examples of ways to learn all classes that you can learn in free time anywhere or online

what do you guys think why this happens?
>>
>>7912101
oh also pic unrelated
>>
The fuck is this shit
>>
>>7912112
if you are asking about the picture it is a simple representations of genetic modifications I am working on for my grade 12 students
>>
>>7912116
> I am working on for my grade 12 students
I meant to say using for a power point presentations for my grade 12 students
>>
>>7912101
Video guy is good at his craft but he is a shit for thinking math useless. He is seriously complaining about the equation that will literally allow you to get the roots of the 2nd degree polynomail a 100% of the time. Because he ended up as an artist, he is ignorant of how often do we model things with polynomials and how often you would have to find the roots of a polynomial.

Anyway, there is a good argument for self study because we now have the internet but for that to be valid then you would have to remove all kind of homework and other out-of-school school related work so that you can say with a straight face that kids have complete free time in their houses to do what they want. Right now, that is not the case.

Another 'problem' is the class divide between people who are smart enough to actually put the work of self studying and the people who just masturbate 24/7 when they get home. Still, I believe this is a valid gap between clearly intellectually different classes but there is also an argument about the poor kid who can't self study because his family can't afford to have a computer and internet, etc so it makes sense to teach 'applicable' skills in school.

TL;DR: Humans are complicated.
>>
The song is pretty much true, the dumb people are just let alone to be exploited by the system. I'm not saying we should slow education with replacing subjects with something like "life advice", but kids should be encouraged more to plan ahead and learn those things, instead of "oh my, why do you not learn how bacterias work, so you can study something later, even though it's not very probable to do that". That shit should be there, yes, but it should be free will. Not everyone has a big enough mind to have a very broad field he can learn, but everyone should know basic things when he comes out of school
>>
>>7912101
>what do you guys think why this happens?
Bad parenting.

Most of that IS taught in school, and the rest should be taught at home.
School is first and foremost for academics. Not life skills.
>>
>>7912101
Grade 12 student here.
I basically despise how everything we learn early on lacks basis and we are told that things are the way they are "just because".
I'm admittedly a retarded autistic fuck and find this hard to accept, but I'd much prefer it if we learned Physics first, then followed it with Chemistry and Biology. It makes it easier to form a mental web, but learning everything in the opposite order completely lacks basis.
As for math, I feel like we need to be taught how functions work and why they work, and not to just memorize them and use them, that's complete bullshit.
TL;DR is best explained by this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHAuGA7gqFU
>>
>>7912101
smart people: enjoy school no problem
normal people: school is a test of whether you can sit down and be quiet for 8 hours a day to hep you decide if you want a desk job or to be a tradesman
>>
>>7912782
things are explained in school. if they aren't its because you are too dumb and it would take too long.

>da skl wuz nazis
fuck off kek
>>
>>7912799
I don't remember ever having the quadratic formula explained to me.
Same goes for Pythagorean theorem
Only a few examples in the vast world of improper education
>>
>>7912819
you mean you don't remember them because you learn it when you're 11 and 13 years old
>>
>>7912116
>>7912121
You forgot the part where transgenesis also causes cancer and autism and that the people who make GMOs are money hungry corporations that seek a complete monopoly on food (which is why we should ban all GMOs, instead of letting companies compete against each other).
>100% organic is the future brah
>>
>>7912125
Yeah I pretty much agree with this post. Us peoples that are spending our time on 4chan's /sci/ board and generally have our lives together more than likely had a reasonable childhood and used our schooling to a greater advantage to move onto college, even though most of it never will apply to us. Some more "practical" life skills being taught in school wouldn't be too bad a thing for the silly geese like this guy who either don't know how or can't google the answers. It's basically to help the dummies out without hurting anyone else. Just making sure our schools offer the "practical" courses is good enough for me.

>took a sewing class randomly my senior year
>had a ton of fun
>know how to fix my pants as well as got an easy A
>practical shiet man
>>
just let their own life choices impact them
>>
>>7912819
Not sure about the Pythagorean theorem (too long ago), but I remember my math teacher walked us through the Quadratic formula in high school. Has something to do with completing the square. It was very clear at the time
>>
>>7912819
Explanation of the quadratic formula
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3SEkdtpobo
>>
>>7912763
This. School should let you learn knowledge that you will need in later specialized education and work. Life advises, independence, law, etc should be reached by parents.
I personally would prefer if school didn't teach me all the biology, history, and other useless information for me. However, at the same time i can understand that not every kid know who they want to be in the future and keep that up since primary school like me, so being forced to learn every bit of everything isn't that unreasonable.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.