[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if you collide a black hole with an anti-matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_mrmures53m1sfotnbo1_1280.jpg (23KB, 720x546px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrmures53m1sfotnbo1_1280.jpg
23KB, 720x546px
What happens if you collide a black hole with an anti-matter black hole?
>>
>>7907235
Holy shit that is an interesting question.
>>
>>7907235
it's called interracial scissoring
>>
File: ryn1I3ZI6Wc.jpg (92KB, 666x588px) Image search: [Google]
ryn1I3ZI6Wc.jpg
92KB, 666x588px
>>7907235
Is a black hole even made out of matter? What are made of?
What if the matter collapses into itself to the point you can't distinguish the elementary particles? I mean, sure we can't do it anyway, but what if matter and antimatter stop differing in a fundamental way?

If not, the it's going to be a clusterfuck of insane size, considering how much energy releases the particle-antiparticle annihilation, and the masses of black holes
>>
>>7907265
Why do you do this to me? I still remember... Emily.

I will never love again. After you experience pure love like that, 3D women can't even compete anymore. I can only see real women as meat holes.
>>
>>7907271
>meat holes
we were talking about black holes
>>
No one has an interesting answer to this?
>>
A meme is born.
>>
>>7907271
Emi a shit. A SHIT.

>>7907352
No, because nothing particularly interesting woulg happen.
>>
>>7907235

Black holes and antimatter are not well understood, nobody here can give you a real answer,
>
>>
>>7907235

They'd no such thing as an "antimatter black hole." A black hole made from antimatter is the same as a black hole made from matter.
>>
>>7907235
What happens of you colide a Sun made of black holes and a Sun made of anti black holes? Would they just cancel each other out?
>>
The matter and antimatter are inside the event horizons. Any interaction between the matter and antimatter cannot be observed from outside. All you will see is two black holes merging.
>>
>>7907441
>anti-matter is not well understood
Yes it is.
>>
>>7907514
By whom?
>>
>>7907518
By astrological physicists
>>
>>7907235
They surrender.
>>
>>7907518
By particles physicists

Seriously man, we use anti matter in modern hospitals all the time. The main mysteries sourrounding anti matter right now is why was there such a lack of it at the start of the universe and why there is an over abundence of it in the milky way
>>
>>7907518
what do you think PET scans are?
>>
They would merge into 1, and countinously annihilate each other and produce m-am pairs from the resulting energy. If there is any m-am asymmetry, they would eventually turn into each or another. That was based on my intuition.
>>
>>7907550
>Over abundance of anti-matter in the milky way
Link please.
>>
>>7907554
Hidden videos of your pets?
>>
nothing because black holes dont exist
>>
>>7907558
No problem, http://physics.aps.org/articles/v6/40. Based AMS.

My phrasing was poor though, there's an over abundence to what we would exact there to be above certain energy levels.
>>
>>7907574
Have you been living under the rock for the past few weeks?
>>
>>7907235
The no hair theorem states that black holes are described solely by their mass, charge, and angular momentum - I would assume this means that any anti-matter would essentially act as matter in the black hole, as the surface of the black hole only has those three attributes.
>>
>>7907468
Why aren't we making weapons from antimatter as it's the hardest metal?
>>
File: image.png (686KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
686KB, 1136x640px
>>
Holy shit, I don't come to /sci/ often, but I never expected this stupid answers.
>>
>>7907662
I think this is probably true. The no-hair theorem doesn't explicitly apply to interaction events but one could expect that the black holes would merge. The contents would annihilate inside the merged event horizon but the total energy density inside the black hole would be no different to if two matter black holes collided.
>>
Black holes dont move thus they cannot collide.. If they did they would simply form a larger hole
>>
>>7907235
If anything falling into a blackhole appears to stay there for billions of years due to time dialation by gravity, wouldn't two black holes colliding instead just touch each others event horizons and be like two blackholes side by side for eternity.

Gravity waves BTFO!
>>
>>7907797
>Asks stupid question
>hurr why are the answers stupid?!?!
shit in -> shit out
>>
>>7908002
This desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zw5DuWAyco
>>
Nothing.
Both dont exist. They are just a math model.
>>
What does it even mean for a black hole to be made of antimatter?

>>7907265
>>7907271
>>7907403
Where's that pic from? I haven't seen it in game. Also Emi a best with Hanako.
>>
>>7907235
One is pulling, one is pushing.
So its impossible for both to meet, at some point they stop/rotate in equality and start desolving each other over time.
Its quite possible that both just dissapear, given enough time.
>>
>>7908549
bait
>>
>>7907235
>>>/x/
>>
They are literally the same thing as far as modern astrophysics is concerned so there is no reason to expect it to be different from a regular black hole collision. We can't even tell the difference so this is a trivial question.

>>7908008
You can't directly observe black holes so you wouldn't see anything. If you are lucky you would observe two accretion disk colliding or a binary star being thrown off severely by the colliding black hole.

>>7908004
>black holes don't move
b8

>>7908549
b8
>>
>>7908921
Even if its not observable, does physics/math(or black science mane) say they form into one bigger BH or do their event horizons just tap each other a freeze there for seemingly eternity?
>>
File: good question.gif (1MB, 377x228px) Image search: [Google]
good question.gif
1MB, 377x228px
>>7907235
>>
>>7907265
>Is a black hole even made out of matter?

No
>>
>>7907235
same thing that happens when you collide black holes made of matter.
matter-antimatter interactions basically wont happen inside a gravitational singularity.
>>
>>7907555
not even checked... also the truth
>>
>>7908960
>say they form into one bigger BH or do their event horizons just tap each other a freeze there for seemingly eternity?

the math is the same for both types of black holes so I don't know what would happen. We have not yet observed two black holes colliding let alone an antimatter and regular black hole.

The time distortion from a black hole is only visible to an observer outside of the event horizon and seeing how we cannot observe a black hole, your question isn't even answerable. But assuming we could somehow see a black hole via some theoretical particle, they would both be subject to the same time distortion they would impose on other matter while they were approaching one another's event horizon.
>>
>>7907265
a black hole that amount of mass that doesn't let light escape = nothing can escape. even information is sucked in. hawkings published a paper last month stating that "black holes" had "hair". contradicting j. archibald wheeler who claimed that "black holes" are indistinguishable, thus "have no hair". according to hawkings black holes vary according to the sucked in information which is then "saved" in a 2D plane. a photography if you will. only hawkings rays can escape the black hole, which might be able to transport back lost information. it is still there but it might be "broken" or "in mixed state".

at the core there is to believed the singularity. which might be an axiom that will not withstand the next 50 years of science - which i personally strongly believe. einstein hated the concept of singularity - its just an useful axiom.

tl;dr huge mass that sucks in even light
>>
>>7910024
>We have not yet observed two black holes colliding
I thought we did a couple weeks ago, dint we?
>>
>>7910064
This.
Thats why in my original question I declared gravity waves BTFO
>>
Has any significant amount of anti-matter ever been discovered? Is there even any way to distinguish normal matter and anti-matter from one another? Like could we tell if a galaxy is made up out of anti-matter?
>>
>>7910188
How clueless are you? Did you even read the thread?

Well maybe I shouldn't be so harsh since this thread is terrible, so yes, anti matter has been discovered is relatively high amounts by the AMS, the paper has been posted in this thread. Anti-matter is exactly the same as matter but with an opposite charge, that is how they're distinguished. Anti-matter is also nothing new, it was predicted in the 1920s and observed in the 30s.
>>
>>7910389
Thanks anon!
>>
>>7910064
FrI'm my understanding they were two black holes orbiting one another
>>
>>7907235
>2016
>still believes black holes exist

B-but muh math equations predict that they must exist!!
>>
>>7911450
>2016
>people still believe in gods/deities
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.