[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sports do STEM majors do? It seems there is a widespread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (12KB, 166x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 166x250px
What sports do STEM majors do? It seems there is a widespread stereotype that STEM majors are filthy virgins that just sit at home/hostel and crunch numbers and masturbate.
>>
>STEM majors are filthy virgins that just sit at home/hostel and crunch numbers and masturbate.

They're not ALWAYS filthy
>>
Bodybuilding for 3 years.
Because fuck the rules!
I'm studying physics but I'm not often major... for now (but almost always in the top 10).
Do what other people don't. Be someone.
>>
>>7864356
what rule? are you in a commies country?
>>
I play chess
>>
Baseball, basketball, lacrosse

MechE here
>>
Post-Bacc Med/MPH.

honestly a whole not of nothing other than school, occasionally let off steam with the old frat buddies, but mostly reclusive study. I lift alot too.
>>
>>7864332
I sit at home, play videogames and masturbate. I occasionally go out and play some mtg at a gamestore.
>>
>le STEM meme
>>
>>7864332
bodybuilding, muay thai, running, parkour

Gotta be prepared for the European civil war.

Oh, and I go dancing with my gf (if that's considered a sport).
>>
>>7864332
Weightlifting

STEMfags are like manlets. They lift to overcompensate.

Seriously, every guy in my calc class would always try to shoehorn a remark about how they lift into any conversation.
>>
powerlifting in the past, but I was too dumb and kept training with tendonitis, so I stopped for some time to recover and didn't start again, because lost motivation

now badminton instead, it's fun
>>
>muay thai, mma, grappling
>piano, harmonica
>chess, vidya
>fucking bitches rough and raw with that motherfucking poisinous touch
>>
>>7864332
Comp Sci/Math double major here

I used to be the varsity wrestling captain in my old high school. I want to start wrestling again, but I'm way too out of shape.
>>
>>7864332
In high-school I played waterpolo and field hockey.

Nowadays I only lift because I don't have enough hours per week to dedicated to a team.

ChemE gradstudent.
>>
>>7864332
I did varsity rowing in undergrad. STEM fags are usually good at cardio. If anything, almost EVERY talented STEM person I know does some form of exercise to stay healthy. I actually run or row on the ergometer almost every day simply because it helps your brain (you will feel much more awake and focused if you work out than if you don't).
>>
I used to do MMA until I realized getting punched and kicked in the head day in and day out wasn't conducive to me getting a major in math.
>>
>>7864332
i make out with my daki
>>
>>7864356

back to /fit/ with you
>>
>>7864332
Played baseball and wrestled in high school. Now I run track and play rugby.
CS/Math
>>
>>7864332
I rock climb a lot.
Mostly bouldering and sport climbing.
>>
>>7864332
At my university there is a yearly competition between faculties.

My faculty, Natural and exact sciences, where I study pure mathematics, has won all years until now.

Also, the sports professor reports that the faculty that trains the most and uses the university gyms the most is the natural and exact sciences faculty.
>>
File: 1455170192977.jpg (202KB, 671x652px) Image search: [Google]
1455170192977.jpg
202KB, 671x652px
>>7864332
Boxing.
>>
>>7864384
>>>7864356 (You)
>what rule? are you in a commies country?
>>7864384
Sorry by rule I meant what people generally think or stereotype. I didn't mean law. I was refering to the maths/physics guy who should be ugly and it's great to break this stereotype.
I live in France.
>>
>>7864332
>running
>racquetball
>cycling
>>
Not sports but I love cooking. Although tbf my parents were financially well off so I would obtain money and go to the grocery to get fresh ingredients. I understand that some students can only eat really cheap foods like noodles but to those people who eat nothing but fast food everyday I highly encourage you to use that money for cooking instead. It is healtheir and very calming. Also it's quite embarrassing to not know how to hold a knife to cut fruits and veggies properly at that age.
>>
You might notice a similarity between these.

Skiing (downhill and cross country), snowboarding, kayaking, swimming, chess, MtG, tennis, badminton, pickleball, table tennis, archery, and karate.

I would like to pick up long range rifle shooting.
>>
CS undergrad, I play ultimate frisbee and board games in my spare time, when I'm not goofing around online.
>>
>bodybuilding
>marching band
If those count as sports
>>
I haven't adjusted myself to uni life but maybe jogging could be for me. Also some pushupsand crunches before bed.
>>
>>7864332
MechEng major
I've skateboarded since high school and still do when I can.
>>
>>7864820
>watered down degrees
at least you keep busy
>>
Chemistry major
Tennis
>>
>>7864332

I sit at the lab all day (outside of my illustrious career as a proud 4chan poster) and crunch numbers tyvm asshole
>>
Routinely: Lifting, Biking
Socially: Tennis
>>
File: 1454319373156.gif (80KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
1454319373156.gif
80KB, 248x203px
Diamond 3 Zilean main
>>
>>7866359
>>
>>7866312
>watered down degrees
What? Are you saying I have a lot of time on my hands?

...Well, I am a CS major.

Also, the connection between the sports is that none of them are competitive team sports. I just can't stand being on a competitive team.
>>
>>7866392
>What? Are you saying I have a lot of time on my hands?
yes I do.
Most people I know have time for 2 sports at most if not competitive, and 1 if played competitively. But good for you I guess, I envy you.
>>
>>7864332
Aside from camping and hiking and jumping about on rocks and such, I've variously done football, soccer, sailing, tennis, volleyball, dodgeball, baseball, disc golf, golf, and kitesurfing. At least off the top of my head. Oh, and swimming and running and weighting if those count.

Geoscientist btw.
>>
>>7866396
Oh shit and cycling how did I forget that?! nd kayaking too.
>>
>>7866394
Cross country skiing and karate are the only ones I do competitively, the others are recreational. Kayaking is probably the sport I do most though and is my favorite. I used to go kayaking about 10 hours a day nearly every day, the rest of the day spent swimming. I don't really kayak as much though because now I'm learning Japanese.
>>
>>7866411
you confirm what I said: too much free time, but at least you use it well.
>>
Chemistry. I fap to lolis.
>>
Hiking/climbing, longboarding, stuff like that.
pic related, at 8000ft

>widespread stereotype that STEM majors are filthy virgins that just sit at home/hostel and crunch numbers and masturbate
pic related was me climbing a mountain with a girl that I'm dating and two friends from class. All of us physics students.
>>
>>7864356
My nigga. Lifting weights is the only thing I need right now.
>>
Paleontology.
I used to play soccer, but now I just hang around with other geo people and drink.
hiking though for field work
>>
Does marching band count as a sport?
>>
>>7864332
Ph.D. candidate in STEM discipline here. I wrestled from 2nd grade through sophomore year of undergraduate.
>>
>>7867802
Now I usually just swim to minimize impact on my joints.
>>
Muay thai, calisthenics, Master 90 lp
>>
>>7867928
Lee sin main detected
How to ward jump with 90 ping tho
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.