[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no magnetosphere how do we fix mars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

>tfw no magnetosphere

how do we fix mars?
>>
>>7864291
how about by realising it's a pipe dream and sorting shit out on earth asap so we don't have to fix mars
>>
>>7864292
nigga for mankind to evolve we need a viable space program to get off this galaxy and living on mars is a key step to that evolutionary process
>>
>>7864297
shut the fuck up idiot, you don't have the foggiest about what you're chatting.

stop watching sci-fi and lay off the bong
>>
>>7864291
we use huge space-blimps to live in the clou....oh wait, wrong thread
>>
>>7864297
you would have more luck moving venus into the habital region of the solar system then to do whatever the hell you want to do with mars,
>>
File: spongebob_wut.png (138KB, 355x268px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_wut.png
138KB, 355x268px
>>7864303
holy fuck......... don't reproduce please https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale
>>
>>7864318
>moving a planet

uhhh
>>
>>7864319
I bet you're not even a STEM student never mind an engineer or scientist.
>>
>>7864327
>STEM

hahahahahahahahahahaha

have fun going 300k to 500k$ in debt just to have your job be taken by a women because she has a vagina and the industry is currently pushing women into STEM regardless of how stupid their are.
>>
>>7864291
Bombard it with magnets.
>>
>>7864330
knew it, you're a popsci pothead.

go away pleb, this board is for science and maths, both of which are beyond your mental capacity.
>>
>>7864339
are you a negro? it would explain your unprovoked aggressiveness and hostility and well as your inability to comprehend the future of a civilization. it's a well known fact negro brains can't comprehend such things and it's why Obama defended Nasa and killed the shuttle program.... you must be a negro or have negro DNA. (please don't reproduce)
>>
>>7864342
really hope for your sake that you're a troll
>>
We don't need one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hormesis
>>
File: 1362611048236.jpg (3KB, 126x106px) Image search: [Google]
1362611048236.jpg
3KB, 126x106px
>>7864319
>Kardashev scale
>literally quotes a meme
>>
>>7864342
>>7864330
>>7864297
racist, sexist, stupid in 3 post. you mast be regular on pol

but to answer your question, galaxies are too big and we can only accelerate in maybe 2g's over long period. so we aren't getting off the galaxy any time soon
>>
File: 453164.jpg (463KB, 1168x912px) Image search: [Google]
453164.jpg
463KB, 1168x912px
>>7864291
Gotta heat up that core babay!
But then again the energy required for such a thing would be better spent elsewhere on more practical endeavours.
>>
>>7864387
> oh look i'm the white knight to save you all !
lol
>>
>>7864342
>Bush does something bad
>It's because he's stupid
>Obama does something bad
>It's because he's black
>
>>
>>7864814
Yep, that's /pol/ in a nutshell
>>
>>7864814

It's quite a leap to assume someone did something stupid because he's white, considering all the great and amazing things white people have achieved, Hence NASA, walking on the moon and exploring other planets.

But it wouldn't be a leap at all to assume the same about negros considering they do a lot worse than good.
>>
>>7864291
>>tfw no magnetosphere
Wrong, some areas of Mars do have a stronger local magnetosphere.
>>
>>7864292
The meek shall inherit the Earth.

The rest of us shall go to the stars.
>>
File: drape3.png (45KB, 691x377px) Image search: [Google]
drape3.png
45KB, 691x377px
>>7864809
When did I white knight? I even answered your question honestly.
>>7865031
I looked it up, it seems to be true, I should read the full article.
>>
O'Neil Cylidners.

Do you want your soul weighed down by gravity?
>>
>>7864824
I can't tell if this is cherry picking satirically, which is worrying
>>
>>7865339
i can't tell if you're just retarded or love crime, which is worrying.
>>
>>7864824
That's the fundamental problem with /pol/ it is populated by failures therefore they harp on about the achievements of some white man 200 years ago that wasn't even related to them as if that makes up for their own mediocrity. You tell if someone is stupid by what they do, not by what their ancestors did. And I'm pretty sure blacks have been working in NASA for decades, you look at pictures of the Shuttle program you see a few black faces.
>>7865356
Strawman "blacks do more crime on average therefore Obama is bad".
???
>>
>>7865407
> completetely tries to isolate the entire successful achievements of white people from white people
> every single white person is guilty because of hitler and slavery even though they had nothing to do with it xDDD

Found the self-hating redditard.
> obama is bad
I didn't say that. He doesn't even talk or act like a nigger. Although he's shit because all the presidents are shit :^)
>>
>>7864330
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

I went to a UC school and got a physics degree. At the time they were in the top 10 physics programs internationally according to forbes and some other sites.

My entire B.S. Physics cost me less than $15,000 with very limited financial aid.

I'm sorry you live somewhere with 3rd world education standards.
>>
>>7865426
oops... didn't mean to post that greentext.
>>
>>7865423
Exactly what you said is like assuming a white person to be racist just because Hitler was.
>Although he's shit because all the presidents are shit
Then why didn't you say that, why did you have to bring up his race?
>>
>>7865441
It wasn't me. I adressed to your other post. Every president will fuck up the economy no matter what race they are.
>>
>>7864320
not completely unreasonable. if we had a suitably powerful propulsion system, we could mount it above the atmosphere and point it away from the sun. a kugelblitz drive could do it probably
>>
>>7865465
No. Just No.
>>
>>7864291
>how do we fix mars?
Just sleep underground.
>>
The Colonisation Mars will be an important lesson for our science and technology.

But for our ultimate long term survival we need to colonise the belt, for the abundance of resources it offers.
>>
File: smug miller.png (221KB, 475x503px) Image search: [Google]
smug miller.png
221KB, 475x503px
>>7865533
I know where this is going...
>>
>>7865465
Someone has been playing a little too much Planetary Annihilation and not enough Thermodynamic homework.
>>
>>7865545
You mean the fact that earth's resources arnt finite? Unless you want to be mr pessimist and say we won't last long enough to exhaust them.
>>
>>7864291
I know that feel.
>>
>>7864291
two polar magnito stations essentially two large fusion powered electromagnets synced up to produce a large magnetic field and add a third lunar station(call it Enyo to keep with theme) so we can get decent tidal forces acting on the weather. then we need to make the planet denser to up its g's to earth like.
>>
>>7864342
phrenology is not a real science plz leave
>>
>>7866398
Strangely, you have answered a question i have been thinking about all morning. Moon colonisation and starting the thing rotating. First requiste is of course radiation protection, you have gone some way to answering that, so thanks.
>>
>>7864297
>nigga for mankind to evolve we need a viable space program
Probes
Robots
Landers
Telescopes
>yes

Mars colony.
>Not so much.

Terraforming.
>Only in cartoons and movies
>>
>>7864291
Restart the nuclear fission process in its core.
>>
>>7865441
>Exactly what you said is like assuming a white person to be racist just because Hitler was.

You were the first one to equate actions of a single individual to a race.
>>
>>7864814
>It's ok because he's black

This is you :^)
>>
>>7866732
not really thicko, this is him:
>Bush does something bad

his skin colour doesn't come into it

you should get yourself checked for stupidity because your reading comprehension suggests you have a bad case of it.
>>
>>7864291
move the entire USA to mars, world peace achieved and the emission of CO2 will cause a mars warming able to live there
>>
>>7866751
The irony being reading comprehension is what suggests you would bend over backwards to defend Obama simply because he is black.
>>
>>7866751
>>7866785
Which is also why the anon baited you with black comments in the first place.
>>
>>7864318
Meh you'd still have the shit tier athmosphere. I'd say we just give up on colonizing our solar system.
>>
Deliberate bombardment with asteroids.

The true reason for Obama's asteroid re-direct mission.
>>
>>7865533
Mars is closer to the belt anyway.
>>
>>7864387
Truth about how fucked the current generation of men are
>it's sexist!
>wondering why male suicide rate is off the charts
Must be the video games, right Hillary?
>>
>>7866898
>male suicide rate is off the charts
I guess they weren't selected :^)
>>
>>7864803
2nded, nuke the core..
or make big electromagnets around your space community.
>>
>>7866924
>>7866924
nukes not powerful enough.
need this:
>>7866817

radiation wouldn't be a immediate impediment to human health anyway.
biggest problem with lack of magnetosphere would be atmospheric disintegration.
>>
>>7864291
Put a nuke into it's core and give it more mass
>>
>>7864809
We need more white knights to teach this /pol/ people more about life.
>>
>>7864824
When will you guys learn that there`s no diference between black and white people.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.