[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antivirals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

How come when you go to the doctor and you find out you have a viral infection, they oftentimes don't prescribe anything and say antibiotics don't do anything against viruses? I mean, of course they don't - they're antibiotics - they work against bacteria. There ARE antivirals though. Something as common as the olive leaf (oleuropein) has antiviral activity.

>Oleuropein, however, showed significant antiviral activities against RSV and Para 3 with IC50 value of 23.4 and 11.7 microg/ml, respectively.

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11724241
>>
File: _20160211_123536.jpg (339KB, 1293x1811px) Image search: [Google]
_20160211_123536.jpg
339KB, 1293x1811px
>>
File: _20160211_123547.jpg (477KB, 1263x2412px) Image search: [Google]
_20160211_123547.jpg
477KB, 1263x2412px
>>
good stuff. The whole medical field is there as an institution of pharmecuticals and every part of it is only to increase every aspect of the industry, this cannot happen if everyone is aware of all the good plants out there
>>
Because the selectivity and eficivity of antivirals is limited at best.
>>
i aggree with the above. Alternative medicine is where its at though.
>>
>>7851870
>>7851896

The more I research health and human nutrition, the more I realize the drugs I need for optimal health and healing are in the foods I should be eating.
>>
^bingo. Foran overall better understanding of why that is so you should research a bit about how big pharma works. doctor = rot code(e)-DNA almost all pharma drugs can bereplaced by multiple plants. why is cannibus still schedule one? why are psylocybe mushies illegal? they want us toxified, unaware, and prescribing to everything the system throws at us on account of "they know bette cause they are >enter type of "official"
>>
>>7851946
Schizophrenia: The post.
>>
>>7851946

Good points. Cannabis is cheap and effective and unable to be patented in it's natural form. Those are not properties that big pharma wants in a marketable drug. It's not evil or a conspiracy - it's just business. Business will chase profits because that's the goal of business.
>>
I beg to differ. have you ever heard of oerthorexia? this is somehow being accepted/pushed as an actual mental illness. You are mentally ill if you do everything you can to only eat organic(normal) food even if it means fasting a day or two. this has been deemed a mental illness. Who started this being considered a mental illness and gave it a na and made it public, idk, but the implications of such a thing being called an illness means :1. people like this are mentally ill, or 2 this is some type "official" declaring this is a mental illness, so anyone who only want "whole" foods are suppose to seem psychologically unfit, less significant, or singled out. Why and how could this be considered a mental illness unless the general endgame is to help BIG PHARMA?
>>
antivirals are comparatively expensive, and generally have more side effects, for minor illnesses they're not really worth prescribing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.