[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The death of modern university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: mit.png (251KB, 589x467px) Image search: [Google]
mit.png
251KB, 589x467px
>M-MUH MIT
>WE ARE ELITE
>AMERICA IS BEST
Face it, amerilards, even MIT is infested with cancer and the modern university is in it's last stage of dying.
>pic very related
>>
>>7851615
Ok. Anything else?
>>
>GIRLS CAN PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOO I LOVE PORTAL
Is this 2007? Have I gone back?
>>
>>7851615
but the pic is unrelated
>>
>>7851615
That's... really not so bad
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 700x714px
>>7851615
>>
>>7851808
Not so bad?

>National women in STEM day
What the fuck? Why? Why is it so important? Why do people care so much.

>Portal
>MUH FEMUHL PROTAGONIST AND MUH COMPANION CUBE MEMES XD REDDIT.COM!

Seriously, the only people who talk about it now only talk about the female protagonist and the companion cube. That is why I think that those people didn't even play the fucking game. When I finished the last level I was so engaged that I had forgotten that if the protagonist was male or female and I stopped giving a fuck about the companion cube once that mission ended.
>>
When is International Mens and Boys in Science day!!

Is it the day when women stop being conniving sexist hypocrites and strive for equality instead of superiority?
>>
>>7852111
>What the fuck? Why? Why is it so important? Why do people care so mcuh?

Exactly. Why do you care so much MIT wants to celebrate women and girls getting interested in STEM? Did you have the chance to go to MIT or something then got declined because muh women in stem, is that why you're butthurt?
>>
File: Shatner.jpg (58KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
Shatner.jpg
58KB, 618x412px
>>7852170
> Mens and Boys in Science
> and Boys
> young Boys
Engineer detected.
>>
>>7851615
portal was a pretty good game
>>
>>7852188
I'm not even from the US so I wouldn't even apply to have to pay 200k a year instead of 30$ per semester here.

But nice projecting tho.

Anyways, I think it is just detrimental. You are celebrating a group of people simply for being there. Nothing more. Just existing. That is why in the workforce women become slow and just not as productive are men. They are so used to praising for just being there that now that no one gives a shit about them, they get their 'workplace stress', 'workplace anxiety' and other memes.
>>
>>7852223
Im not projecting, I just wanted to here your side of the story to see if your qualms were actually legitiment. So many people get really bitter if they get rejecteed from universities like that and see females, blacks, mexicans, whites if they are asian or whatever. That is not to say that problems like that don't exists and that race favoritism of elite universities doesn't exists, and it may seem like an ad hominem so some, but I'd like to consider a persons experience before considering his opions to give it context.

Are you OP? Anyways what I am saying is I don't think universities like MIT are ruined because PC crowd gets to their twitter a bit, they are still great universities and I would be kidding myself If I said I didn't want to go their because of this.
>>
>>7852249
not from the usa here, but i honestly dont believe any american university is better than european ones. I mean, I have a female friend there who does fairly well in a better American college (dont know which) and she doesn't even get what "displacement" means, and neither how to handle vectors. She is 19. I learned displacement at 10 and vectors at 15. What kind of education is that?
>>
>>7852277
I don't know and I really can't speak about non-american education either though.

When I was a young lad in america from the east coast to the west coast the education I found relatively sufficient. I have no idea how she doesn't understand displacement and vectors though. Like you, I learned about both those things at an early age and I'm american.
>>
>>7852277

Is she liberal arts or something? You're either making shit up or she took the easy math courses in highschool and then studied a non-STEM subject.
>>
>>7852530
It could be the second. It's something like physiotherapy
>>
>>7852277
I don't understand how you can go through high school without learning vectors.
>>
>>7852277
Education in the USA (public education, at least) is being dumbed down to an extreme level. Niggers can't into vectors and displacement, so it doesn't get taught. Schools with less niggers and shitskins tend to perform a bit better than schools that have been ethnically diversified.
>>
>>7852784
>>7852733
>>7852545
>>7852530
>>7852515
>>7852277
Have an actual question she couldn't understand at first. Really gives an impression of the education there.

A motorist drives north for 30.0 minutes at 90.0 km/h and then stops for 15.0 minutes. He then continues north, traveling 130 km in 1.60 h.
Calculate
1) His displacement
2) His average velocity
>>
>>7852846
She even told me her class teacher used all kinds of formulas and shit for that. Wtf. There is only one formula needed, way/time, which is literally km/h
>>
>>7852855

I'm sure you could also find someone just as retarded in Europe, doesn't mean that it's the education system's fault.
>>
>>7852855
I've seen some awful shit with formulas in university.

I took economics I+II as an elective and the formula sheet (which you didn't get on the exam) had literally every possible rearrangement of the same formula.

Rather than memorizing one and solving for whatever was missing you were supposed to memorize like 5.
>>
>>7852879
Still thinking it's not even remotely her fault
>>
File: 1446908891250.jpg (7KB, 172x232px) Image search: [Google]
1446908891250.jpg
7KB, 172x232px
>>7852888
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.