[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I crazy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (268KB, 1701x1134px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
268KB, 1701x1134px
Has anyone actually truly feared existence? What do I mean by this? Well here's what I mean: have you ever thought deeply enough to understand that existence in ANY FORM is scary? It's scary mainly because it's unexplainable and will never be explained. I'm wondering if you guys have ever thought this before as most other people havent (they're atheist or theist and believe in some form of physics or story that explains how the universe exists). I am personally agnostic which is technically atheist but as to how everything exists, I don't have any ideas mainly because I think it's impossible to have an idea. Hawking said at some point that the universe is self-created, correct? My point is, even if that's truly the case (it makes kinda sense) it doesn't matter as existence is just mind-boggling. We are all confined to our bodies and understand things on a level of being a human so we think of some form of creation instead of "stuff" just existing. Am I the only one who has thought of shit like this? I've though about death and all this shit since I was very young and my mother was often scared as she thought I was some sort of demon. I've always wanted to do cosmology or theoretical physics concerning the infrastructure of the universe but am I crazy to think that either way this shit will never be answered? Does this make me very intelligent? I've always thought I was very intelligent but I'm not a genius in terms of academics (well to be fair anything I pick up I can usually master a lot of it is just old shit I dont go relearn). TLDR: Am I crazy for knowing existence of anything is unexplainable and scary?
>>
File: 1281824818241.jpg (10KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
1281824818241.jpg
10KB, 214x317px
>>7849546
It's called an existential crisis fuckwit. We all have them when we're 15.
You aren't special.
>>
>>7849569
1. Not 15.
2. I'm not saying I am special.
3. Every time I try to start a thread like this you assholes come in and say this shit.
>>
>>7849546
It doesn't make you anymore intelligent. It literally just means that you're wasting your time with unanswerable questions.
>>
Meh, it beats non-existence...
>>
>>7849571
I'm going into physics nonetheless to discover as much as I can.
>>
>>7849572
But that's the thing. Thinking about non-existence is hard...
>>
>>7849597
Then go for it, but just remember that for as much as you discover, there will always be more unknown.
>>
>>7849570
>Every time I try to start a thread like this
Then stop. This board is for science, not for middle schoolers who think they figured out something new.
>>
>>7849597
Oh god, you are 15. That's like saying I'm going into marine biology to play with dolphins.
>>
>>7849597
Well, good fucking luck mate!
>>
>>7849546
you're not there yet.

the essence of existence is joy.

as you are part of existence, nothing is unexplainable, and in fact, you could discover anything through thought alone.
>>
>>7849546
>Am I the only one who has thought of shit like this?
No, not by a long shot. I've felt that way for pretty much every moment of my trans-immortal life. It's not something that ever goes away, you just kinda have to push it to the back of your mind where the probability that it won't come back to bite you is smallest.
>>
It's okay guys, teenage middle class entitled white anon has this figured out. Give him 30 billions dollars and a lab stat, hes about to science the shit out of existence.
>>
>>7849546
Wow dude quit smoking bongs you faggot.
>>
I have this feeling too. I can trigger real panic by repeating the word "I exist, I exist". I felt it first when I was around 17. Now I am 40. Anyway, I can find some kinda cure in the Buddhist concept of Anatta... realising that your "self" is an illusion can be very relaxing when you have this fear of existence.
>>
>>7850313
That doesn't sound relaxing at all
>>
>>7850324
What is this "relaxation" of which you speak?
>>
>>7849546
existence seems scary if life seems scary.
Since it is impossible to have any perspective on non existence, I doubt any of us could help but project our own experience on the idea
>>
>>7849546
We can't comprehend existence so there is nothing to be afraid of.
We are too dumb to fear the thought.
>>
>>7850349
Speak for yourself, thanks.
>>
>>7849546
>Does this make me very intelligent? I've always thought I was very intelligent but I'm not a genius in terms of academics
>I've always thought I was very intelligent
Well after that nightmare of a post I'm going to have to respectfully disagree
>>
>>7850354
Haha.
So what is existence then?
>>
>>7850413
A continuous topological structure that defines all definable thing. Or else the intersection of that structure with the causal crystal, but that makes it harder to explain.
>>
>>7849570
>1. Not 15.
then you're late, most of us resolve it when we're 15.
>2. I'm not saying I am special.
you're not.
>3. Every time I try to start a thread like this you assholes come in and say this shit.
because:
1. we're right
2. stop making this thread again and again you fucking spastic
3. you're really, really stupid.
>>
>>7849546
I feel you, OP. Ignore the edgelords and shitposters. The best you can do is get busy enough so you don't have time to think about it. Otherwise it'll always stay with you at the back of the head.

I like the romanticised idea of intelligence existence being universe trying to figure itself out.

I'm actually more worried about people who don't think about this. Our existence is too special to just brush it off like that. Even if life is not rare in our universe, intelligent life is clearly too thinly spread out for one to meet another. Sadly though I don't have high hopes for humanity, and it'll meet its end before reaching other stars. Probably turning Earth into another planet, one of many, of which bore intelligent life which couldn't pass the test of spreading to other planets.
>>
>>7850437
Wrong, you have no proof that existence just stops one day.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.