[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classics or Philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (35KB, 325x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 325x452px
Ok, so because of some timetable fuckery, I can only choose from two papers to add to my first semester of a physics major. This paper can be in classics, or in philosophy. So which one of these is ultimately more useless, and which one is ultimately more brain-numbing and uninteresting? Like to hear your thoughts.
>>
>>7849418
>Classics or Philosophy?
>>>/lit/
>>
>>7849418
You are in Auckland?
>>
>>7849418
Neither you dumbfuck. The only thing useless is your brain. Both fields will teach you how to think and view the world inquisitively. However, if you must choose one, I would go with classics.
>>
>muh "humanities are useless" autistic STEM meme
I feel bad for you.

I'd explain why, but you'd probably just sperg out.
>>
>>7849424
I am.
>>7849421
I'm taking a physics degree, and therefore want to know the more experienced opinions of potentially like-minded people.
>>
>>7849456
I don't excell at the humanities, so I assume they won't be as interesting to me. The point of the thread was more to see which one would tie in more with scientific studies, and whether any of the original scientific purpose of philosophy still remains from before science split off from it. Would you prefer I replaced the humanity-slander with "Wat do"?
>>
>>7849473
Classics
>>
>>7849473

Not him but I'll break it to you:
Take the philosophy course

It at least somewhat pertains to you as they haven't "split" off as much as you'd think. Also it will engage you more than reading old books and being tested on their context.
>>
>>7849456
No, but they belong in >>>/his/
>>
>>7849459
Cool I did my Chemistry post grad there.
>>
>>7849418
Do philosophy
It's a lot more like math
>>
>>7849456
Oh come on. Do you want to tell me humanities being taught in university nowadays isn't just a huge ideology clusterfuck? Really? Even universities like Yale are fucked, because the students only want safe spaces. They don't do research anymore, because humanities are state-owned nowadays.And the state wants to dictate what you learn. I agree, history etc. is important, but you don't have to go to university to study that. Get some books, read them in your spare time and study something without too much ideology in it. Like mathematics.
Fun fact: Where I live, they're starting to give out warnings concerning US campuses, because they're becoming more dangerous for educated and intelligent people by the minute.
>>
>>7849473
>I don't excell at the humanities, so I assume they won't be as interesting to me.
That's a pretty horrendous attitude. Look at potential papers from each subject and see which one you'd rather continue working on. Reading is actually enjoyable.
>>
File: 1438236746744.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1438236746744.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>7850087
0/10
>>
>>7850829
>Why the everything wrong in the world is do to evul whit males
Yea so much potential
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.