[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classes are boring what the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 264207725.jpg (99KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
264207725.jpg
99KB, 600x549px
Any engineering guys here? I'm MechE in major and stuff, and I'm doing well in my classes, it's just that everything is so tedious and unexciting. Any of you guys experienced the same thing? What did you do, stick with it and wait for it to pick up or change majors?
>>
I just switched to physocs. Honestly being an accredited engineer isnt worth the boredom of cadwork and punching in values for load specs of a deadbolt. Im gonna make less money but i think that doing what you love is more valuable.
>>
>>7847032
This is the reason why I chose not to go with ME I'm ChE and we really focus on a lot more theoretical than practical tho I have yet to take any reactor design courses
>>
>>7847063
>>7847075
Man I just want to work on prosthetics and medical technologies (though not be a surgeon or anything), I don't know what major would put me there best. I considered switching to ChemE, but I don't know man I don't want to make a bad leap
>>
>>7847075
>>7847063
This is why people shouldn't be railroaded into engineering just because they are good at maths. The both of you clearly have no love for design and practical work which is the soul of engineering.
>>
Shut up and stop whining undergrad. What you are learning now is important for stuff that will come later. Especially those math classes.
>>
>>7847245
It's not that the course material is too hard for me to handle, I've been making A's with the rare B. I know it all builds on itself, it's simply dull and doesn't get me excited for the future like learning most things does for me. Or at least, I am worried that I'm going to be funneled into something in the field totally unrelated to my interests
>>
>>7847227
Biomedical mechanical engineering
>>
>>7847261

It really depends on what jobs you want to do. If you are making good grades, that allows you to get jobs easier. Just make sure you are going to a highly rated engineering college and make sure to be willing to relocate.
>>
>>7847268
I'm afraid my uni doesn't offer exactly that. Biomedical sciences yes, MechE yes, but not biomechanical anything. I would go biomedical sciences, but that is more of a premed/prepharmacy major

>>7847272
What about doing internships and stuff? My uni will not stop stressing the ungodly importance of doing a co-op or internship, to the point of saying you won't get hired if you don't have one
>>
>>7847227
stick with Mech or Electrical. So even if that falls through, youll be employable. Bioengineering is a meme for undergrads
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.