[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wasting billions of dollars on rockets when there are still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>wasting billions of dollars on rockets when there are still millions of starving children in the world
Explain yourself spacefags
>>
They should learn how to fucking feed themselves.

They should learn how to build a waste system.

They should stop being so fucking stupid and clinging to retarded beliefs that only make their lives worse.

They should start a real fucking government and actually make it work. Not just have some Jumba Mumba who is the leader for a year and forces everyone to carry him around the place he leads on their shoulders while he praises some false god.

Yes I am mad, all of the stupid fucking idiots who demand help from first-world countries need to get off their lazy asses and do something themselves.
>>
>>7845663
Well, it isn't even this >>7845672 you see they did feed them selves at one time. However, the USA sent them food for a generation or two then removed that food. During that time, farmers stopped farming because they couldn't compete with the free food. By the 2nd generation no one who was physically able to farm knew how to farm properly. The food was cut off from the USA and everything turned to shit.

This is a common method the USA uses to completely destabilize a country or people. The last time they did it was to Mexico, who is now only recovering from it. Luckily, they were a bit more robust and stubborn, but still the Tortilla riots happened.
>>
Because traveling through space will actually enable us to visit new worlds, rich of resources and we also escape the threat of being wiped out by a meteor one day.
And because starving is only the problem of starving people by the way.
>>
>>7845663
But muh pretty wallpapers...
>>
File: 1448739351377.jpg (308KB, 802x802px) Image search: [Google]
1448739351377.jpg
308KB, 802x802px
That's how you start the bait thread, with rockets?

That's how you know it's bait, because he thinks rockets will get more attention than saying military budgets, or any other garbage. Probably went to /k/ to start the same thread.
>>
>>7845706
>no good venus wallpapers
what the fuck are we paying nasa for?
>>
>>7845663
In 1000 years, Europe rose from its roman disaster. in less than 300 years, the U.S rose to power. Sure, Africa was picked and prodded, and endured, but fucking hell, Europe was ransacked by Asia for centuries, and it's doing okay. Not the best at the moment, because the Arabs are back at it again, but at least it prospered till Germany fell again. Africa had thousands of years to get their shit together, and in that time the only civilizations they managed to hold was Egypt (barely counts as Africa since their influence never really made it south of the Nile) and some Mali Empire, that lasted 300-400 or so years, and that was ran by the fucking Muslims. Africa needs to get their shit together, but instead they believe that agriculture makes the man lazy and lost of pride.

>>7845690
You know what? Africa has internet now, they can learn how to farm themselves. Hell, a lot of them get PAID by the FOREIGN COUNTRIES to get an education. They have tons of fertile land to farm, oceans to fish, a ridiculous amount of untapped resources to mine, process and export. It's sad because they have some smart people, but it's being wasted because every few years a crazy militant has the idea to run a city for a decade and the people are too beta to do anything about it because of an eon old culture based on tribal animism. When I took an African culture class for general education, even my professor, an African dude, agreed it's bullshit.
>>
>>7845663
You shouldn't stop progress, just because there are a few social issues left to solve. We don't know what we can expect from science and the exploration of our solar system. But maybe, just maybe, it will help somehow. I can't imagine how yet, but even CERN helped to create new cancer therapies.
>>
>>7845663
>wasting billions of tons of food when there are still starving children in the world.
>>
>>7845672
>>7845690
>>7845698
>>7845706
>>7845741
>>7845778
>>7845802

Back to your containment board
>>>/pol/
>>
File: powerofchristcompelsyou.jpg (29KB, 614x439px) Image search: [Google]
powerofchristcompelsyou.jpg
29KB, 614x439px
>>7845663
> learn to build rockets
> use knowledge to build drones
> go to places with oil
> bomb all the starving children until they agree to trade us oil for food

Problem solved.
>>
>>7845807
>when you swallow the red-pill
>>
>>7845663
God must halp them, im pray avery day.
>>
We produce a surplus of food. The price is inflated, however. Farmers take loans so they can buy seed - the people giving out the loans put an interest rate on them, and they're not going to give loans if they don't think they'll be repayed with profit.

If food becomes too cheap, the farmers can't sell high enough to pay back the loans. If the people giving out loans expect cheap food, they won't bother giving the loans out. So the farmers can't even begin, and the land never gets used.

In ye olden days, interest was called usury, and it was illegal. Mass starvation was one of the things that motivated hatred of usury. We can pursue space colonization and feed everyone on Earth - all we have to do is ban interest.

This is also why capitalism is innately evil, and why the communists put the first man and space station in space, while the capitalists landed a few men on the moon for short intervals as a cover for their ICBM program and now can only get into space using spacecraft designed by communists.
>>
>>7845979
Why would people lend out money when there is no interest?
>>
>>7845672
This

They have the potential to do something about their existence but they don't. The rest of the world developed while they didn't enforce first world rules and regulations, that is their fault not everyone else.
>>
>>7845842
>>7846000
>>7846021
> lol niggers should die

>>>/pol/
>>>/pol/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7846028
That's not what I said, black or white if they fuck up their own country that's their own fault.
>>
>>7846034
You sure slavery didn't have an impact on their living conditions ? Also as a modern world that we live in, we must help the ones in need to establish a better civilization.
Only a /pol/tard would deny sparing money to help africans in need.
So you should go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>7846028
>ask why people would lend out money when there is no incentive to do so
>"lol you must hate niggers"
>>
>>7846052
back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>7846054
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7846057
> omg lol lets spend %37 of our budget on looking at inanimate space rocks
> lol i don't care if niggers die in our world
flawless argument /pol/tard
>>
>>7846064
>%37
>US government should spend money on programs that only benefit people outside the US
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>7845866
xD
>>
>>7846071
> strawman
I didn't say all of it you retard. God you're stupid. I don't want my tax money to go absolutely pointless space programs where we achieve nothing, and rather help some poor hungry people in need. Does that go through your thick skull ?
>>
File: ngbbs4aaf5cdb00773.jpg (43KB, 599x299px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4aaf5cdb00773.jpg
43KB, 599x299px
>>7845663
>>7846028
>>
>>7846000

I don't know - cheap, plentiful food? Most governments already subsidise farming because it's too important to leave it up to the market.

Also, usury is making money on other peoples' work. The people who have to pay back the interest have to mark up their products to stay afloat or make a profit. This causes inflation, so that a dollar is gradually worth less and less. But it allows money changers to control a society.

Usury is literal sin.
>>
There's already over 45 billion dollars of foreign aid going into Africa every year. It's not about a lack of money when the existing money flow is distributed badly while those kids could be well fed for less than a dollar a day each.
>>
>>7846084
That space program will one day help your offspring off the planet you are destroying while blaming others for it. Inb4 "hippie". Fuck you, we give them a shitton of resources and teach them how to sustain themselves yet they use it to feed corruption or sit on their lazy ass.
Inb4 "nazi". Fuck you, just because the truth doesn't fit with your leftist feelings-manipulated world doesn't mean that it or the people telling it are racist. If everyone tought like you in the last past 500 years would still be in the middle ages. I assume you're american. A dwarfish bit of your tax money is only used for space travel, it is the only bit used in a useful and human-progress promoting way. 2.6 cents of every tax dollar goes to science related research and space programs are part of this tiny bit. 8.7 cents go to poverty programs, thats more than 3 times as much. 44.7 cents of it go to military and blowing other people up, causing more need for poverty programs.

Oh and btw only 4.4 cents goes to education, but your post already made that clear.
>>
>>7846240
You still haven't made a single argument on why we should spend our money on inanimate crap in outerspace where we have people dying of hunger and disease here on earth. Pretty much shows how much of a /pol/tard you are.

> If everyone tought like you in the last past 500 years would still be in the middle ages
Yeah, imagine all those starving people getting some food, not more than you throw away everyday. Imagine all the help we can give to african children in need.
But noooo. Instead we should give all that money to a shitty probe that will land on mars to take shitty photos of some red rocks. By your /pol/tarded worldview, taking this picture was worth more than feeding thousands of starving children. Congrats.

> inb4 nazi
You are a nazi. I'm definitely sure if those kids weren't black you wouldn't spout "muh science" shit and actually decide to help. But they're not white so who cares right ? We need more space rocks guiz

please remain in your containment board >>>/pol/
>>
>>7846280
Solid b8. Why did we waste money on ships going to innanimate land masses? We should have just fed the hungry and hunted in bushes i say! Far more useful than colonialism and navigation.
>>
>>7846280
Of course the guy you're talking to is a neo-Nazi degenerate, but the value of investment in science is well-supported.

Spend money directly on addressing poverty:
>some kids get food
>their parents get booze

Spend money on science:
>new technologies, which means new and better jobs and a higher quality of life for everyone

Space exploration has a good economic multiplier effect. Besides that, we do research into agriculture for human space travel, and much of this resource is applicable to the 3rd world. With better technology, everyone can be not just fed, but have a 1st world lifestyle.
>>
>>7846297
>>7846298
> omg lol guis billion dollar space explorations are more important than feeding the hungry
I'm hearing the same shit over and over. If you support the idea of exploring space without even solving our problems on earth, that means you are completely insensitive and ignorant to the challenges some people and some countries are going through. And I can't see any other reason for it aside from the fact that they happen to be africans.

Science can't be ignorant to human needs. Building rockets isn't going to help starving african children.

Now please stop shitposting and remain in >>>/pol/
>>
>>7845663
>false dichotomy
>>
>>7846320
Achieving maximum local happiness is the most efficient way to prosperity. If everyone in the world suddenly decided to help eliminate the suffering of the most unhappy individual it would end in a major disaster.
>>
>>7845663
Even if we ignore the starving kids to keep smartphones and whatnot as low priced as they are (by paying employees overseas next to nothingt, I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
>>
File: jim.gif (959KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
jim.gif
959KB, 500x287px
>>7846298
Thank you for your understanding. Also you may call it Neo-Nazism, i like to call it "Inequality".
But what is Inequality you say? Let me explain. Equality is a lie, everyone is born in different circumstances and everyone is born with a different set of skills. Race has nothing to do with this. I have African and foreign ethnicity friends whom i deem more "capable of making it in this world than a lot of locals." You're smart, good for you, that means you have a better chance of making it in this world.However what you know does not mean what you will get out of life,what you do however,decides everything.You decide wether you use your skills to better this world or to better only yourself.. I'm 100% sure there are hidden Einsteins or Tesla's in third world countries, dying of poverty. This is very sad, certainly because this is the cause of a second type of human being, The one who i smart or skilled but decides to use it only for his own benefit. ( for instance dictators or the CEO's of self-profit only centered companies.And i also hate to break your bubble,but most politicians are part of this group too.) They are what makes this world go to shit and succeed in making you believe that the world is this way because of the ways your taxes are spent or because we don't spend enough money on saving the poor children who are dragged down into poverty because of corruption and all the nefarious effects that come from it. You want to call me a Neo Nazi? Fine i don't care. meanwhile i'll be at my college, studying science. because i like it and find it interesting? Yes. But also because i know that progress comes through science. You can only call yourself a human being by leaving this world a better place than it is.
You may have a different opinion than mine and are absolutely free to do so.This is the beauty of free thinking.
In my opinion compassion may help one person, Knowledge and progress may help the whole of humanity. Godspeed.
>>
File: everyone is stupid but me.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
everyone is stupid but me.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>tfw I don't care about the quality of life of people I've never met

And yet, as an American, I profit off their suffering. Feels good man.
>>
>>7846444
How do you profit from the sufferings of some people you never met in a remote continent ? I wanna do that too.
>>
>>7846461
A lot of consumer goods are much cheaper due to outsourced child labor. Also, commercial exploitation of Africa has reduced the prices I would have to pay if I chose to purchase goods sourced from Africa, including goods made out of African raw materials (metals/minerals)
>>
>>7846417
The issue is not us, but them.

We are trying to assist people who do not [yet] live in a stable environment. Most of this instability is caused by political unrest. Do you expect us to go over there and attempt to initiate a democratic government?

We have done that before[1], but that did not work out well whatsoever (although this is primarily due to racial conflicts which came to light). Knowledge of this history would make Africans very weary of letting us come in and instate a stable government. This does not even mention how much money this operation would cost, and how much war would probably erupt in the process of doing so. By attempting to stabilize them, we would potentially throw ourselves off (due to all of the political conflict going on in the United States (US) right now revolving around how much we should be giving to other countries).

Then of course, we get to the result of all of this work. Do you expect them to keep their society stable? Have you seen the result of that happening in Chicago and other cities populated primarily by Africans? I do not like to believe that causation comes from correlation, but there is a strong correlation between political unrest and African-ran populations.

In short, assisting them would only be a temporary cane for them and they would fall back to where they started. We cannot help people just because they cannot help themselves, I am all for helping people who attempt to help themselves but cannot do so, but I do not agree with the idea of helping people who only ask for things and do not give.

SOURCES
========

[1] http://exhibitions.nypl.org/africanaage/essay-colonization-of-africa.html
>>
>>7846487
> Outsources child labor
> From Africa
I would give you a point if you said China or India but nobody hires kids from ebola land. You're trying way too hard.
Also thats capitalism for you, if you're against it so much stop being a bitching hypocrite and donate your entire belongings, your house, your iphones, your PC to the african children so you would actually take a step to what you're advocating.
Make sure you donate your PC and mobile devices as well. More money for them, less shitposters for us. Everybody wins :^)
>>
>>7846504
I agree, but that does not mean we should not better ourselves. Pointing fingers while saying that they can't helped doesn't help you nor them. Also It does not matter what political system you imply. Every Politic system is flawed, simply because not every human is flawless. The perfect system would be one wich is led by one flawless leader with absolute power yet this is but an idea, for no human is flawless let alone the people that follow him.
>>
>>7846548
>Pointing fingers while saying that they can't helped doesn't help you nor them.
I am pointing fingers because I am currently engaging in a debate regarding whether or not we should provide financial support to Africa.

If I point fingers and people agree, then that means that we will not provide support to Africa, which means my tax dollars will not be used on something that I do not agree with, which DOES help me.

>Every Politic system is flawed, simply because not every human is flawless. The perfect system would be one wich is led by one flawless leader with absolute power yet this is but an idea, for no human is flawless let alone the people that follow him.
I never said that there was a perfect political system, but what can be both qualitative and quantitative observations on live political systems:

- Qualitative: We can view the amount of success that a political system has in regards to how much suffering goes into it.
- Quantitative: We can view the amount of profit that a political system generates and how much they are worth, and how that profit is distributed among the political system's people.

I do not think that anyone would disagree with the notion that the US's government is far more successful than Africa's governments. If they were as successful as us, then they would not be requesting help from us.
>>
>>7846569
Is there a single good reason to help africans ? If people wanna help them they can do it with their own money, but trying to guilt other people into doing it is silly and laughable.
>>
>>7846573
I am the person that you replied to, and I am arguing that we should NOT help Africans. The person I am debating DOES think that we should help Africans. Read the argument again.
>>
>>7846581
I know, it was an addendum to your point. I basically summed up why it's silly to suggest wasting your money on africans and how theres not a single good reason for it
>>
>>7846600
Instability in other parts of the world denies us trade partners, and leads to refugee and terrorism crises.
>>
>>7846628
And other africans should have done something about it. If they don't care enough to spend a penny for their home country, I won't even consider moving a muscle for them. Anybody that comes through the official gates are fine, refugees that try to break in illegal ways will be dealth with.
>>
File: 1454437263562.png (138KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
1454437263562.png
138KB, 302x302px
>>7846548
wow, I have never seen anyone beat around the bush that subtle and elegantly
you just handwaved away every single valid point he made with gloriously substanceless phrases like
>but that does not mean we should not better ourselves
and
>Every Politic system is flawed, simply because not every human is flawless

you're proclaiming a supposed issue is in fact an issue
you're proclaiming that there exists a solution
but you don't specify that solution more precise beyond a general statement that fits in one sentence and is essentially a whole lot of nothing
you absolutely should become a politician, I'm dead serious
>>
File: daerden2.jpg (11KB, 250x361px) Image search: [Google]
daerden2.jpg
11KB, 250x361px
>>7846825
Ok you don't seem to get the point, what i'm saying is that this planet is filled with assholes pointing fingers at eachother for being more asshole than them. Just because you don't get the message or meaning every sentence has doesn't mean that's it's beating around the bush. Name one person you think would believe is able to lead your country or even planet without fucking up at a certain point. Either you realize there's no one who can without falling to corruption or you don't, meaning you're still too naive and still need to spend some more time living before you realize the truth. Got it now?
>>
>>7845663
>>wasting billions of dollars on rockets when there are still millions of starving children in the world

Starving children is a parental problem. Would you prefer we serialize all parents in third world nations if they have more than 2 children?
China did similar to this and completely solved their starving children problem.
>>
>>7845663
The parents are responsible for supporting their offspring. If they knew they were not going to be able to support them, then why did they have they have then in the first place?
>>
>>7845807
There's literally nothing wrong with being /pol/ish.
>>
>>7845663
People are suffering form our economy structure everywhere on the world

Not only african kids

They should try to build a waste-system since they are in no position to change anything but yes, it is very inhuman to ignore them

Rocket technology and space development should be founded heavily since space will be the only place we can intergrate into now

And for the survival of our species or race, which is natural, intergrating into space is unskipable. In this case, investment into rocket science isnt the major cause anymore, but the economy in our society and the society itself
>>
>>7845663
http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/08/why-explore-space.html
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.