[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What IQ do you need for calc 1 and 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: christopher-langan.jpg (28KB, 339x382px) Image search: [Google]
christopher-langan.jpg
28KB, 339x382px
What IQ do you need for calc 1 and 2?
>>
>>7839422
<100 desu
>>
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>7839422
[math]\int 12IQ d[IQ] = 6IQ^{2} \\
IQ = 20 - [Score for AP Stat] + [SCORE for AP CS][/math]
>>
>>7839422
About 80 tbqh

Maybe less
>>
>>7839438

If you're not shitposting, why does everyone make such a big deal out of calculus?
>>
>>7839442
They're lazy pieces of shit

Also the cultural stigma surrounding mathematics, particularly "calculus".
>>
>>7839451
There's a lot to remember in calc II.
>>
>>7839462

Get a piece of paper, write down all the steps, and go through a 100 problems until you're dreaming about it and talking about it in your sleep.
>>
>>7839466
No I feel you. You have no right to complain about something like this until you're already day dreaming about it.
>>
>>7839422
For a real answer, about 100, average intelligence, though you'll need to study, visit the tutoring lab when you need help, study more. I'm making it with an A in calc 2, albeit still early in the course, with a ~110 iq. Success in math is really just a function of the time you put into it, nothing more. Calculus isn't magic, its some new ideas that involve memorizing some new rules for setting up the algebra to solve the problem. Nothing more. Even the analytical geometry in Calc 2 is pretty basic.
>>
>>7839422

Less than 100. I'm 27 years old and I passed Calculus II and III with a B at a community college. Differential Equations with an A. I never understood the material, but I just chug and plugged and got through the class.
>>
>>7839684

Why didn't you understand it?
>>
>>7839687

It felt like alphabet soup to me. I was able to do the problems quiet easily, but there was no connection between what I was doing to what it was suppose to mean.
>>
>>7839693

That's pretty depressing
>>
What I got out of calculus was the discovery of what a 'linear operator' is.

In elementary algebra you study functions which map numbers to numbers.
The calculus is a sort of mapping of functions to functions. The mappings provide insight into some of the properties of whatever function you are preforming calculus on. How it is changing, or how much it has changed.
>>
File: 1415590731008.jpg (40KB, 720x427px) Image search: [Google]
1415590731008.jpg
40KB, 720x427px
>>7839422
Shitposting thread?

Shitposting thread.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.