[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age should one stop smoking in order to avoid serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (303KB, 865x1053px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303KB, 865x1053px
At what age should one stop smoking in order to avoid serious health problems? I was thinking maybe late 50's/early 60's at the very least.
>>
>>7837010
The best way to avoid serious health problems is to not start in the first place. Failing that stopping as soon as possible is probably the best bet.
>>
>>7837010
(You)
>>
>>7837010
Stop today.
>>
>>7837010
I think sniffing tobacco is better.
you can get serious problems with breathing after 3 years of smoking.
>>
a cursory internet search says between 30 and 40 years of age.

http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20040608/quit-smoking-before-age-35-to-regain-health

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/11/12/quit-smoking-before-40.aspx
>>
obviously much younger than whatever the age of OP, seeing how the thermolysis end products have damaged his brain enough already to incessantly shitpost on /sci/
>>
>>7838405
Weird, I never usually see many smokers seriously ill in their mid 30's/early 40's.
>>
I love how smoking has become so stigmatized. Those hardcore ad campaigns really worked. If you want to smoke then smoke. Fucking new generation acts like tobacco is on the same level as heroin. It's a recreational drug.
>>
>>7838958
Well, that proves it.
>>
If you STARTED smoking after 1975, you're probably retarded anyway, so hey, what the hell.
>>
>>7838981
Most people can't afford it.
>avoid serious health problems?
Smoke if you can afford it, you sure as shit don't want to live past about 65 or 70, tops. Everyone gets the new age brain rot now, probably something in the environment. Like, every single person over 70 has a form of dementia now.
>>
Immediately.

To save your wallet mostly.
>>
>>7838981
Yeah it's really unfortunate. I don't think people saw smoking as being "bad" for people back in the 50's and it was only when the 90's rolled around that people started to see it as this enormous health risk when it only really hurts you when you've reached old age.
>>
>>7839023
It feels like there's a double standard with tobacco and weed. It seems like people act like weed has zero downsides health wise, and considering how demonized tobacco smoking is, I'm not buying the idea that Weed is completely harmless.
>>
>>7839794

So what, you think there is a a giant conspiracy to get people to smoke weed?
>>
>>7839788
>I don't think people saw smoking as being "bad" for people back in the 50's

Because we didn't know then, dumdum.

>only really hurts you when you reach old age

lol no
>>
>>7839825
>because we didn't know then, dumdum

The Nazis "knew." King James "knew." There were also religious groups saying it was harmful and cartoons mocking smoking by that time.

>lol no

lol yes. Many of the diseases smokers get do not manifest in people who aren't genetic trashcans until old age (60's/70's). Smoking only takes ten years off of your life anyway, the the idea that people get seriously ill many decades before that time sounds ludicrous.
>>
>>7839738
>Donald Trump is 69 years old

If we vote him in now we get to witness the grand maddening of the god-emperor Trump.
>>
>>7839918
>>7839788
>>7838981
You should quit smoking because you sound retarded as fuck
>>
>>7840259
I don't smoke. I just get tired of seeing people giving smokers the death glare. I used to be indifferent to smoking until I realized that they're basically pushed outside or off to the side wherever they go now, because people can't stand the smell and think it can give them cancer.
>>
>>7840268
>"You sound retarded as fuck"
Are these people even worth a reply?
>>
>>7840268
Probably because it smells disgusting and it can give them cancer.
>>
>>7839918
>Sounds ludicrous
Still happens brah. Not to everyone, but it's a pretty big gamble...
>>
>>7840273
>it smells disgusting

Tons of things smell disgusting in public spaces

>it can give them cancer

That has never been proven.
>>
>>7840268
As far as being isolated I don't have a problem with that. If you want to smoke the polite thing to do is smoke away from people who dislike it.

What bothers me is the people, especially younger generation, that simply look down on people that smoke. "OMG YOU KNOW IT"S BAD FOR YOU RIGHT?!?!"

Yes. Every fucking person knows smoking has negative health effects. If someone makes the decision to smoke anyway (because god fucking forbid that someone simply enjoys smoking) then that is their choice.

The new ad campaigns worked really really well. Most people are just so repulsed and flabbergasted that anyone could still smoke. They just have a high and mighty attitude towards smokers.
>>
>>7838981
Heroin's not even that bad.
>>
>>7840274
It rarely happens to people who smoke. Overall it's a smaller number than people think.
>>
>>7837010
I saw a lung doctor a few months ago and she said theres not really any signs of damage untill about 20 years of smoking
>>
>>7837010

Ideally you don't start to begin with so you can avoid this problem entirely. Life has enough problems as it is, gambling your life with cigarettes is just stupid.
>>
>>7840255
It happened already with a POTUS, Reagan was well in the bag halfway through his term. His wife had to operate him like a hand puppet until the CIA took over the entire operation.

Actually, it's so easy to life into your 70's and 80's now, even beyond, it has become a problem. The brain one could argue is the most essential of organs, when it starts to fail something is amiss with the program in general.
>>
It might already be too late. My old roommate died at 40 due to lung, throat, and bone cancer.
>>
>>7838981
No it's not .. haha you're exactly the product of brainwashing - cigarette is a symbol, a social thing - it would never work in the context of natural order. You actually experience worse concentration, stress and all side effects from smoking.
>>
>>7841906
No. If anything you're exactly the kind of resin who is a product of brainwashing from the government and anti-smoking groups. Nicotine is genuinely a good focus drug and people come back to smoking because it makes them feel good and relives stress. The whole "that stress relief you're feeling is just you sating your nicotine craving" is bullshit.
>>
>>7841838
Do you know how much he smoked and for how long?
>>
>>7842210
Not for sure no, but if I had to guess, it was probably his early to mid teens.
>>
>>7841906
You do realize humans have been smoking for centuries right? Big tobacco didn't invent the cigarette. You sound like a new age millennial faggot.
>>
>>7842240
Well if he smoked around two packs a day daily since such an early age then I guess it's reasonable that he'd get fucked up.
>>
>>7841080

>it can give them cancer

>That has never been proven

Am I even on /sci/ anymore
>>
>>7842242
>he thinks modern chemical laden tobacco is the same as it was centuries ago
>>
>>7842397
I don't understand why people don't just find a way to grow Tobacco that isn't laden with chemicals if that's the supposed problem with some people getting sick from it.
>>
>>7842381
No, you're still on /sci/

>secondhand smoke gives people cancer

That's not /sci/, that's /gov/.
>>
>>7841747
Yeah, it doesn't sound particularly fun to live that long seeing as how people's minds start to go around that time.
>>
>>7842407
home grown tobacco just is not as good..
the real addictive stuff is the added things.
>>
Realistically the only thing that belongs inI your fucking lungs is air.
>>
>>7839738
I think it's the benzos being over prescribed.

Xanax has a pretty serious correlation with dementia.
>>
>>7843450
Even if it's not as good, wouldn't it be a safer option?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.