[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Science? Science.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: science.png (391KB, 1360x949px) Image search: [Google]
science.png
391KB, 1360x949px
Science?
Science.
>>
File: amnesia_monster.png (248KB, 495x409px) Image search: [Google]
amnesia_monster.png
248KB, 495x409px
>mfw i was watching shark tank reruns once and some dude was trying to sell a band that neutralized the positive ions in the air around you
>mfw the sharks called him out on how bullshit it was
>>
>>7810903
People shouldn't be allowed to get rich on that kind of stuff. It makes me feel almost cheated that people are stupid enough to believe that.
>>
IIRC, this is exactly how those tower air purifiers work (ionic breeze I think?)
But I'd imagine the actual effectiveness is pretty low, and they are more pretty decorations for people who like to brag to all of their friends about how down to earth and educated they are
>>
File: enough.jpg (15KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
15KB, 316x202px
How the fuck do people believe this shit?! Ions are just charged atoms, they don't do shit until acted upon.
>>
>>7810895
are these the new healing magnets?

>>7812512

it's science bruh, they introduce an imbalance to your inner energy. To stay healthy and neutral you have to capture those pesky positve ions.
>>
>>7812512
haha ok dude keep swimming in those negative ions nigga #freetheelectron2016
>>
lmao, I heard that these things contaim thallium and other poisonous substances
>>
My mom bought one of these ;_;
>>
>>7812596
joey
>>
I licked one of those to check if it's really salt. it is.
>>
>>7812812
Keep up the good science bro. Nice hypothesis testing
>>
>>7810895
I've always been a little tempted to get one of these. Not for any of those bullshit health reasons but because there is something I like about just having a huge chunk of salt.
>>
>>7812017
>IIRC, this is exactly how those tower air purifiers work (ionic breeze I think?)
except those don't actually work at all
>>
>>7810895
not science
>>
neutral ions are where its at desu senpai
>>
>>7810895
The Ions thing is bullshit, but as far as I know breathing salt-rich air can be good for your respiratory system
>>
>>7810895
>creating negative ions,
that would mean free radical chlorine,
cancer much,
well salt (sodium chloride)
don't fucking emit free radical by itself.
>>
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/negative-ions-health/#axzz3yOb4btG0

Here's a rational assessment.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/negative-ions-health/#axzz3yOb4btG0

tl;dr Air high in negative ions can be of some minor therapeutic value especially if you have SAD or respiratory problems to start with.

You gotta love the priests of Scientism around here who automatically discard something because they don't understand the mechanism.
When they can't even describe how their own body metabolizes sugar.
>>
>>7810895
So South Park was right about ads disguising themselves as news stories. Interesting. They even paid a faggot to post it on 4chan. Ads are really evolving.
>>
>>7812859
I have one, they look awesome. If you like collecting stuff like quartz, bismuth etc looks good all on display
>>
>>7812017
>
Ionic breeze just ionizes dust particles so they stick to the charged plates in the machine. They don't expel ions, or do anything like what this fucking hunk of warm salt is supposed to do.
>>
>>7813009
So us a double-blinded trial or go kill yourself for linking bullshit pseudo-science in HTML format
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.