[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your low-tier universities, and post the one thing you'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 26

File: u cant finish.gif (16KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
u cant finish.gif
16KB, 500x525px
Post your low-tier universities, and post the one thing you'd like them to improve in their science departments

> Needs to go past Organic II
> No PChem Lab 2
> No polymer chem lab
> Calc classes are longer than what they need to be
>>
>>7810653
>no separate introductory analysis (or algebra, for that matter) stream for math majors
>get stuck in calculus with the physics students until year two

this school is such a fucking meme but sadly I'm stuck here
>>
>>7810662
nigga ur in windsor what do you expect

if you're going to stay in shit ontario at least go somewhere half-relevant
>>
I hate this place so much. Kill me.
>>
>>7810662
>separate introductory analysis and rigor algebra courses for anyone who is smart and wants to take them/mostly math majors
>realize i'm not smart after i get buttraped by them
>thinking about switching to cs to save myself
:(
you're better off
>>
File: marquette.gif (16KB, 549x410px) Image search: [Google]
marquette.gif
16KB, 549x410px
>>7810662
Same here. Math department is in general pretty shit, pretty sure it's just meant for people that couldn't do engineering but wanted a fall-back. Only way I'm getting around what would probably be a fairly worthless degree is by double majoring and taking more math classes than are required anyway. It really sucks because I got into UCLA but couldn't go because it was too expensive, got way more aid here since one of my parents went here.
>>
File: csusb.jpg (13KB, 216x217px) Image search: [Google]
csusb.jpg
13KB, 216x217px
Whatever major you pick is impacted and you will get stuck for at least a year.
>>
>>7810653
Ayyy, starting there in the summer
>>
>>7810653
Also a UCF student.

>Engineering degrees don't require linear algebra
>Horrible administration
>Shitty teachers except for Chan
>Honestly a really bad school overall
>>
>>7810919
Going back in the fall. What did you hate about it?
>>
>>7810919
I thought all institutes of technology are good in one way or the other
>>
File: 1450569526014.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1450569526014.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
>>7811126
I fell for the engineering meme. The professors are horrible and pretentious. The engineering "students" participate in one giant fucking circle jerk consisting of redditors and weeaboos. The weeaboos are the worst. They have a fucking convention here and they swarm the campus every god damn year.

Every engineer tries to sabotage each other in this one giant fucking competition for co-ops/top of the class. Just once I would like some one to actually offer some helpful advice on a problem rather than trying to fuck me.

Literally can not be friends with fellow engineers. Had to resort to befriending liberal arts majors and they are just as annoying. I don't know what it is about RIT but it breeds undeserved smugness out of people. I just want everyone to fuck off and die. One semester away from graduating.

>>7811150
Some departments are great, like the math department and physics. The mechanical engineering one is an absolute shit hole though. I heard that the electrical engineering department is just as bad.
>>
File: uoy.png (8KB, 380x443px) Image search: [Google]
uoy.png
8KB, 380x443px
>Math

Greater variety in exit modules. As it stands, you either neglect pure studies to take modules in statistics, or you're locked out of all exit modules which make you marginally employable. There are finitely many jobs outside of academia which are going to value my number theory and analysis knowledge over a statistician.
>>
File: usc.jpg (19KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
usc.jpg
19KB, 236x236px
I should have gone to Clemson University. USC is dumpster tier.
>>
>>7811161
Holy shit, I saw one of the weeaboo conventions during last year's Brickhack. It was absolute degeneracy.
>>
>>7811161
>this level of competition in a shitty school
>Jesus, i thought Ivies was bad
>>
>>7811180
RIT isn't really that bad though. It's a respectful school with more industry connections than most Ivies.
>>
>>7811182
Not all of RIT is bad like I said in >>7811161

Speaking first hand in the Mechanical Engineering Department is absolute shit though. I'd rather be at an Ivy than at RIT. Or at least a school with a football/basketball team that is decent. RIT was a mistaje,
>>
File: JUST.jpg (163KB, 331x392px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
163KB, 331x392px
Everything. I understand it could be a lot worse but nothing of note ever gets done here and it's just one giant circlejerk of people high on the smell of their own farts, it's depressing. Fell for the engineering meme, the people here are fucking insufferable, either third world normies or massive fucking autists that have trouble even asking a question. Also weebs, lots of them.
>>
File: clemson seal.png (230KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
clemson seal.png
230KB, 1024x1024px
>>7811170
ME at Clemson here. Loving every second of it. Enjoy all the criminals in Columbia fagot
>>
File: 2000px-VT_logo.svg.png (101KB, 2000x955px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-VT_logo.svg.png
101KB, 2000x955px
engineering is alright, lots of good teachers and nice people.
>>
>>7811200
Stop ClemsonPosting
>>
>>7811212
Engineering here is pretty good. fuck this snow tho
>>
File: photo.png (37KB, 249x251px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
37KB, 249x251px
Not Science, but

>200 students in the math degree programme
>only 40 or so are B.S
>most upper level classes are given during Spring

I'm probably going to have to wait an extra year before I can graduate because an advisor fucked me over. At least a lot of the professors are bro tier and will over ride you into classes if you show some level of competence.

>>7810653
Aayyyyy, I went there for two semesters. It sucked pretty bad, but at least it was cheap. The people are so much nicer than this shit hole I'm in.
>>
>>7811212
Brit here, all I know about your school is that it got shot up, you may want to consider changing the name and logo. I for one would never attend it.
>>
File: joke.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
joke.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>7810653
>grade inflation on the level of the zimbabwean economy
>most undergrads don't actually learn anything
>classes are easy as fuck, professors are pushovers
>most undergrad major programs are terribly designed
>administration is a joke
>thinks throwing money at a situation will solve everything

I feel kinda bad for the undergrads actually, they really aren't getting a quality education, but that name on their degree will get them a job.
I would like to see what would happen if they went to a state school like I did where the average was actually a hard C, not an A-/B+, oh the salt of their tears would be delicious.
>>
In Finland unis are getting dumbed down as fuck since they are paid per student who gets their degree. Failing students means less money. Passing students pays off, even if they don't know jackshit.
>>
>>7811161

Why don't you just tell them to stop acting like complete cocks?
>>
>>7811192

I'm going to study civil or mech e at either salford or manchester uni. I honestly hope it won't be filled with weebs and neckbeards.
>>
>>7812250
It's one of the best engineering schools in the Mid Atlantic area and it's growing. VT will never change. I've only met one Brit here, tons of Chinese.
>>
File: 214214124421.png (140KB, 1022x1228px) Image search: [Google]
214214124421.png
140KB, 1022x1228px
>>
>>7812230
Is that place getting any better? Whenever I pass by it seems to be sprouting up newer buildings. I took a summer there once but wasn't exactly impressed.
>>
>>7812361
For Bio and Medicine it is getting great, but everything else is really mediocre. And our laser physics labs are actually good from what I've read.
You could do worse, we don't suffer from a lot of grade inflation in our sciences so if you graduate with a strong GPA its impressive to other universities.
I have a lot of gripes with the admin. though.
>>
>>7812316
yeah its sad it got shot up but the school is nice. the shooting did do a number on our reputation
>>
>>7812337
How is that low-tier?
>>
>>7812600
Is there any US school that HASN'T been shot up?
>>
Is UCF really that bad? I have the option of being in more debt and going to UF, staying with my current plan of UCF, or having tons of money and going to a state college (SSC)
>>
studying computer engineering here
The cs department is actually decent, since this is one of the few schools still teaching C/C++, but the actual engineering is pretty difficult. For me atleast, but maybe I'm just dumb. Any other /sci/entists go here?
>>
File: UCD seal.jpg (44KB, 514x506px) Image search: [Google]
UCD seal.jpg
44KB, 514x506px
>>7812864
fuck me forgot pic
>>
>>7811192
You think that's bad? I was studying at IPN, and it was fucking worse. Teachers barely appear at all. Now I changed to FI, and I feel in heaven. Yes, there are normies and autists, but fuck it, it's the best thing we have in the country.

EE, btw. Going to struggle with Ocariz and Castañeda this semester.
>>
File: ucbseal_139_540.png (22KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
ucbseal_139_540.png
22KB, 260x260px
>>7812868
I go to it's older brother.
>>
>>7812882
I've visited the campus a couple times. Loved it but holy fuck did I hate the actual city of berkeley. Smelly stoned homeless people everywhere and everything was way too fucking expensive. Great school, awful surroundings
>>
>>7812481
>Bio/Medicine

It always seems like Miami has a ton of doctors and bio majors running around but never any mathematicians/physicists/chemists/etc
>>
>>7812888
Meh, Berkeley's great if you know where to look. The aesthetics of the city are part of the character, but the real draw is the food.
>>
Macquarie university
>inb4 Ausfag

>grade inflation is horrendous
>entry standards are dropping every year
>chem department doesn't have inorganic chem because they decided it wasn't profitable
>chem majors only have to take calc 1 and 2

Chem major here, kill me
>>
File: manoaseal_transparent.png (416KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
manoaseal_transparent.png
416KB, 1200x1200px
>Hire more math tutors
>Remove Dr. Sugihara from all undergraduate teaching positions
>Get rid of that new computer science policy where they kick you out of the major if you get less than a B in a required CS class (keep the grade requirements to move up to the next class though)

>tfw you didn't study hard and get into a good school
>>
>>7813032

At least you're in Hawaii.... Sheet I'd go swim in the sea everyday before class. I'd also study on the beach. Lucky bastard.
>>
>>7813032
>university adds a requirement to try and improve their undergrads
>shitty undergrads complain about not being able to get a B in a core subject in their major

kek, no wonder you ended up there, lazy faggot
>>
File: logo-2.jpg (30KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
logo-2.jpg
30KB, 615x409px
Y'all niggaz don't even know what a low-tier university is.
>they should revise their curriculum from the grounds up, NetLogo is a dead language and shouldn't be taught to undergrads
>>
>EE
>Signals and systems are in two courses, and not in one
>Calc 3 and DE are combined in one course instead of being separated
>There isn't a course offered for PDE's
>Nor is there a course for Complex Analysis
>>
File: odu.gif (23KB, 532x524px) Image search: [Google]
odu.gif
23KB, 532x524px
Anyone know about their engineering department?
>>
File: carousel01.jpg (49KB, 650x250px) Image search: [Google]
carousel01.jpg
49KB, 650x250px
http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/csci/

Check out these memesters. I'm in CC right now. This is the first impression you get looking into my future CS program. I'm thinking about doing a math degree and reading CS books on the side.
>>
>>7813084

At least the two Asian bitches look fucable
>>
>>7812880
EE too, senpai. I'm shit, I'm gonna become article22fag no matter what I do.
>>
>>7813093
* an article22fag
>>
>>7813087
At the very least it should be interesting
>>
>>7813093
Don't worry, anon. The faculty actually gives a lot of chances not to. What semester are you on? I'd seriously consider enlisting for a lesser amount of subjects this semester so that you can concentrate entirely on those and raise your GPA a bit.

We are all gonna make it, our spirits will talk in behalf of our race, ha.
>>
>>7813056
I thought for the longest time Bangor University was a pooinloo Indian school. It sounds like it's in Bangalore.
>>
>>7812864
lol most schools don't teach C++? what a joke. good thing vt teaches c++
>>
File: uofl.png (3KB, 181x75px) Image search: [Google]
uofl.png
3KB, 181x75px
>no neuroscience undergrad program
>>
>>7813324
if you're judging your program by which languages it teaches, you're either getting a technical 2 year degree in programming, or you're an idiot
>>
>>7813285
Depression really made me fuck up for years. I'm stuck on 5th semester and I still "owe" pretty much all my 2nd semestre classes. Worst part is I should have finished my courses a year ago. If I cram as many classes as the school will let me + 4 extra exams every semester until I hit article 22 and then beg to be allowed to make 6 extraordinary exams then I can finish it all in two years starting next monday. I know it sounds extreme and very implausible to say the least but I don't really have a choice.
>>
File: ufc.jpg (38KB, 562x370px) Image search: [Google]
ufc.jpg
38KB, 562x370px
>>
>>7813020
What the fuck m8

How the hell do you do pchem if you can't solve differential equations?
>>
File: UNCG.jpg (63KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
UNCG.jpg
63KB, 600x300px
>>7810653
>Science courses are at aids hours and borderline require you to dorm form them not to be
>Chem department can't afford scales that aren't shit
>90% of bio students are wannabe med students, 80% of whom will use that bio degree as a fallback and fuck real biologists
>Budgetary crisis determined that Art tier classes get to keep their full department while science got sacked
>Chem dept is run by psychopaths/autists/foreigners who can't speak English
>>
>>7813487
>going to UNCG
One of the worst UNC schools desu
>>
>>7813505
Not really. Pretty nice desu senpai. Only thing that primarily sucks is the general administration is half retarded and panders to the Lib Arts rather than the things it's actually known for like Bio, Nursing, and Education.
>>
>>7813513
I was mostly joking, all of the UNC schools are low tier except CH. How is the math grad program?
>>
>>7813528
Fuck if I know. I just know my math teacher is a PhD candidate. I'm a Bio student so my level of fucks given about math is not really there.

A lot of people shit on UNCG though for it's semi-old rep for being a transfer school. But if someone mentions our psychotic admins they'd be on the money. People bricked the budget by like 8 or so mil. How the fuck do you do that?
>>
File: UMBCretrievers_LOGO.jpg (495KB, 1352x1256px) Image search: [Google]
UMBCretrievers_LOGO.jpg
495KB, 1352x1256px
Thoughts?
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
For any Ausfags lurking around, feel muh pains
>>
>>7812826
Depends on your major. Pass the fucking math placement test too. MALL is hell.
>>
>>7812826

The biggest complaints come from the math department. It's objectively the worst math department in the history of math. You need to attend calculus seminars, mandatory computer labs for stuff under calc, and tons of scheduling conflicts because half the department teaches college algebra while they let two, maybe three do calculus I-III

Engineering is mid-tier, people are too distracted by the building itself to notice if they are getting fucked over or not.

Biomed and Chemistry are pretty good, there are plenty of professors that look for test-tube washers and gen chem stooges and for that you'll get co-authored in their papers.
>>
File: ualbany_thumb31-340x255.jpg (52KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
ualbany_thumb31-340x255.jpg
52KB, 340x255px
The teachers are ok, and some are pretty well qualified in the math department but the students are Jersey/NYC retards who couldn't get in to somewhere better or wanted to leave home.
>>
>>7813563
Fellow ausfag here. I have literally never heard of your uni.
>>
>>7813020
http://www.baka.com.au/national/education/nsw-universities-taking-students-with-atars-as-low-as-30-20160125-gmdvr6.html
Apparently they'll let literally anyone in these days.
>>
>>7813800
>baka.com.au
Hahahaha fuck. Filters are a thing.
>>
>>7813032
Ayeeeee.

UH EE dept here. I would really like it if they stopped requiring us to take the combined Linear Algebra + Diff. Eq. course, and would let us count the two separate courses instead. That combined course is a load of shit.

>Get rid of that new computer science policy where they kick you out of the major if you get less than a B in a required CS class (keep the grade requirements to move up to the next class though)

Hah, maybe if the CS department would step up its game.
>>
>>7813298
We did call it Bangalore from time to time. And some of the faculty had clear problems with using a loo, judging by the state of it.
>>
>>7813563

fellow ausfag, at least it's not
F ederation
U niversity
>>
>>7811212
Transferring there for Fall 2016 fro a community college.

Anything I should know? Just as general knowledge.
>>
>>7812893
I think it's mostly because Hispanic culture puts and emphasis on getting a job and Pharm/Nursing are shilled to hell by the students own families. Meanwhile the other sciences are seen as hobbies. Mention that you study Math or physics and all you'll get is a confused look from anyone that isn't a Chem or Physics student/grad.
>>
>>7813468
Macquarie fag here
I'm a physics chem double major so I had to do diff eqs anyway
Some students try to do pchem without doing it first and they all fail just about, don't know why the university doesn't make it a pre requisite
>>
>>7814707
I like living there sometimes but god help me if I mention I'm not a doctor,lawyer, or business to normal people there
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.