[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on exotic spheres. Intuitively, why do they first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1432673213236.png (126KB, 539x481px) Image search: [Google]
1432673213236.png
126KB, 539x481px
Redpill me on exotic spheres.

Intuitively, why do they first appear in dimension seven? Why is such a discrepancy between topological and differentiable manifolds even possible at all?

I'm sure some of you high IQ folks can visualize 7 dimensions.
>>
>>7805646
Oh boy I sure love going to my gym to get taller
>>
>>7805757
>le pretend to not understand sarcasm man
he's baiting hard lads
>>
>>7805646
>visualize 7 dimensions.

Are you implyign that we are so retarded that we will devote time and energy into pointlessly trying to 'mentally render' 7 dimensions?

No, that's for stupid people like you.

We have math for that.

{0,0,0,0,0,0,0) Oh look at that. It's the zero row vector in 7 real dimensions. SPOOKY. CAN ANYONE VISUALIZE FOR ME? OH GOD SPOOOOKSSSZZZZ
>>
>>7805762
Just how in the hell was that sarcasms?
>>
File: back-to-pol.jpg (35KB, 490x290px) Image search: [Google]
back-to-pol.jpg
35KB, 490x290px
>>7805646
>Redpill me
back to red/pol/ers with you
>>
>>7805762
Let me guess, this is a fat acceptance rhetoric with "muh genetics"
>fat acceptance supporters ever being seen as intelligent
>>
>>7805768

>be in quantum I
>professor talking about Hilbert spaces
>"infinite dimensional vector space" etc etc
>rest of class (well only the retards who open their mouth to say/ask stupid shit anyways) goes berserk about this
>"like, dude, how can we visualize infinite dimensional vectors? like, is that why string theory has all those dimensions?"

that was last semester but still
>>
>>7806390
>implying anything that has redpill comes from /pol/
>not knowing where it's from originally
Nice meme friendo
>>
>>7806390
> triggered by a meme
Get off the internet sissy
>>
>>7806390
>gets triggered by words
lel
>>
>>7806478
>>7806481
>>7806482
gtfo fgt pls
>>
>>7806470
>making fun of people for asking questions
>making fun of people for getting excited about something
>making fun of people for not immediately understanding everything put in front of them
your attitude is toxic.
>>
>>7806845
No, you are retarded. His classmates are retarded.

No one can visualize more than 3 dimensions. That is why we invented fucking math.

People who don't get this are stupid. I remember when I was like 12 and I heard my dad say that someone found something about something in 12 dimensions my first thought was that the person who did that must be a genius to be able to visualize that many dimensions.

I WAS A FUCKING BRAT. Then I picked up a fucking linear algebra book and stopped being a tiny dick faggot piece of shit.

Fuck you, your attitude is toxic. Are you implying that we should not just kick out anyone who still has childish ideas about science?
>>
>>7806876
>Are you implying that we should not just kick out anyone who still has childish ideas about science?
Not that guy, for me it would depend on the fact whether or not they're willing to learn, or are just shitpost
>>
>>7806876
Shut up and go back to reddit, you pseudo-intellectual undergrad fedora shitter. We're not talking about babby's first linear algebra here. Exotic spheres are a topic of differential and geometric topology. It took a genius like Milnor (who won the Fields medal) to figure out that exotic spheres are possible in dimension 7. And he sure as fuck had some intuition from which he derived this result. But a fart sniffing pop sci cretin like you certainly doesn't even understand what an exotic sphere even is. So please stop shitting up my thread.
>>
>>7805646

Bluepill me on blue balls.

Intuitively, why do they first appear if you can't bust? Why is such a discrepancy between wanting to cum and it not even being possible at all?

I'm sure some of you high IQ folks can visualize jizz-filled testicles.
>>
>>7806951
cant untake the redill anon ur balls r fucked yo
>>
Is the universe only made up of 3 dimensions?

Say, if there were 4(or more), shouldn't we be able to see objects that is created from seemingly nothing, can change mass on a whim, and so on? The same way if you pass a sphere through a 2D plane you will see a circle suddenly start existing, then expand then shrink and then disappear again?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.