[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should start a poly-phasic sleep schedule? Will my life improve?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1450628604673.jpg (2MB, 1006x4018px) Image search: [Google]
1450628604673.jpg
2MB, 1006x4018px
Should start a poly-phasic sleep schedule? Will my life improve? Or will I slowly kill myself?
>>
>>7801232

MEMES! MEMES! ALL TYPES OF MEMES! EVERYONE MUST BELIEVE AT LEAST ONE MEME!
>>
>>7801232
Every study I've seen done on polyphasic sleep cycles showed negative results. Most of the claims about famous people who used them are false/have little supporting evidence.

I'm sure you could get by but sleep is incredibly important and you're better off getting as much as possible
>>
It's too risky. Your body literally cleans toxins produced by the brain as it thinks. These toxins can cause permanent damage if left out too long. Brain cells are cannibalistic. Don't do it or you'll change for the worse.
>>
>>7801308
>Your body literally cleans toxins produced by the brain as it thinks.
In other words, if I avoid sleep, I'll get to meet Tyler Durden?
>>
>>7801232
>REM sleep is the only useful sleep
>the rest of your sleeping time is completely and utterly useless, even though we don't know exactly what happens during that time
>>
>>7801232
its a meme you retard.

try laying down to go to sleep. you waste a variable amount of time trying to actually fall asleep and when you wake up, you'll wish you slept more. stop
>>
>>7801422
So how do you not waste even more times trying to fall asleep 3 or 4 times a day for naps instead of just one?
>>
>>7801232
someone said they tried this and it didnt work.

if you want to be a retard and try it then go for it.
>>
>>7801429
drugs can help you do it.
But they'll fuck you up in other ways. There's not much we can do, the human body is retarded.
>>
>>7801232
Sleep researcher reporting in. Literally doing a study on whether or not certain events in NREM sleep correlate with memory consolidation.

Based on prelim data, I'd stick to monophasic sleep if I were you. Though I will say this: try it over summer vacation, with two weeks' padding where you sleep like a madman, just to be safe. If you can stick to the Uberman schedule and manage to literally spend the rest of your time studying, I'd be extremely impressed.

If your memory and general well-being doesn't tank too hard first, though
>>
I tried it before for about 5 days. The first four days I was so tired it felt physically painful to stay awake, and then on the fifth day I felt actually well rested, but then overslept my 20 minute nap by about 6 hours and fucked up the entire experiment

so i called it quitsies
>>
>>7801429
The issue isn't just failure to actually fall asleep and wake up. There are multiple others that you just don't understand unless you've forced yourself awake for days on end.

Days seem to mush together. You lose a developed timeline of when something happened and thus lose the ability to compartmentalize information as well.

All that time won't necessarily help you either. You'll get fucking bored of studying, playing video games, and just not letting yourself sleep in general. You will be restricted to a strict time schedule where you MUST nap lest you fuck up the whole thing. Just go take a fucking break and get in bed you autist. Didn't your mom ever tuck you in?
>>
>>7801570
>Just go take a fucking break and get in bed you autist.
It'd be easier if I had a lover to go to bed with.
Didn't your mom ever tuck you in?
Nope. Will you?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.