[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The cure to cancer is being suppressed. Prove me wrong /sci/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: cancer.jpg (52KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
52KB, 624x351px
The cure to cancer is being suppressed. Prove me wrong /sci/.
>>
Cancer isnt being surpressed, its multiplying quite rapidly.

:^)
>>
>>7798916
Agreed. /thread
>>
>>7798916
Steve Jobs died of cancer
>>
>>7798916
When was the last time a president died of cancer? Or some rich influential motherfucker?

QED
>>
I have to go loads of presentations and read papers as a grad student. Like 1 third of the stuff I have to read or listen to is about ongoing cancer research. It's a very active field
>>
>>7798952
Dennis Lee hopper 2010
Jackie O 1994
Dom deluise 2009
Donna summer 2012
Etc.
http://m.ranker.com/list/famous-people-who-died-of-cancer/reference
>>
>>7798953
>>7798953
How many of those focus on CBD oils?
>>
>>7798916
Every different type of cancer is a separate type of disease. "cancer" is not a disease like "the flu" is a disease. Cancer is a set of diseases with similar properties, notably the existence of mutated cells which uncontrollably multiply and compete with "healthy" cells to stay alive, harming the afflicted person. The mechanism by which this happens at the chemical level is unique to every type of cancer. There are some types of cancer which are already effectively "curable" if detected early enough. There will never be a "cure to cancer" because there is no way in hell you are going to develop a single medicine or treatment which reverses the effects of every single type of cancer-triggering mutation. There will be and already are several effective treatments which are specific to certain types of cancer.
>>
>>7798962
>Dennis Lee hopper 2010
>Jackie O 1994
>Dom deluise 2009
>Donna summer 2012

Literally who?
>>
Deuterium depleted water has shown to help with cancer. But it's not possible to remove all the deuterium. Also DDW is in short supply.
>>
New Theoretical Neurological studies are surprisingly showing that overabundance of the steroid hormone cortisol (released through stress) is linked heavily to most all cancers. My girlfriend is a neurosci grad student at Berkely and she won't shut up about this shit.
>>
>>7798978
What about chemotherapy and radiation doing more harm than the cancer itself or cannabis oils?
>>
>>7798916
Burden of proof relies on the person making the claim m8
>>
Cancer is easily cured. Just dose yourself with enough ionizing radiation and your body will stop producing new cells.
>>
>>7798982
>What about chemotherapy and radiation doing more harm than the cancer itself
Kind of a misnomer. Chemo targets fast dividing cells, so white blood cells/hair cells/cancer.

If cancer kills you in 12 months, but chemo makes you sick for a while but stops the cancer and/or extends your life for 5-20 years, I count that as "chemo isn't as harmful as cancer"

>cannabis oils?
Probably useful to add to the arsenal of cancer-fighting therapies. Not a cure-all or replacement for current treatments. What amounts to buzzfeed article titles of "CANABIS CUR CANCERZ, TIMOR SHRINK" does not an expert make.
>>
File: no.jpg (112KB, 962x812px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
112KB, 962x812px
>>7798968
oh boy, here we go
>>
im a graduate student at one of the best universities for cancer research in the US. i see the cutting edge research my peers are performing and the faculty at my university are performing. i have seen no sign of suppression. i HAVE seen signs that the basic biology of cancer makes any kind of treatment hideously complicated.

in order for a conspiracy to exist with the described effect, the conspirators would have to suppress the concerted efforts and accomplishments of tens of thousands of individuals

it just doesnt make sense
>>
>>7798916
It's not that the elite have a 'cure for cancer"

It's that most non-"GG" cancers are still crazy expensive to treat.

A rich person could theoretically pay to get a new organ whenever one started showing precancerous warning signs, while a poor person can only afford to have people try to save the fucked up organ.
>>
>>7798979
I fucking hate donna summer. Her music is literal shit and she was just a shit filled cunt
>>
>>7799045
Published studies about the medical uses of cannabinoids are no longer a rarity.
>>
Suppressed by whom? Why? How?

I think you'll find that none of these questions have non-stupid answers.
>>
>>7798952
I know it's absurd to see any conspiracy going on with cancer, but were all those presidents and royal people just lucky? Why aren't those motherfuckers getting cancer?
>>
>>7800401
>access to literally anything
>>
>>7798952
Steve Jobs
>>
>>7798981
Of course it is, stress weakens your immune system.
>>
>>7800436
He died of aids
>>
I heard dihydrogen monoxide is a killer
>>
>>7801165
AIDS causes your body to be consumed by cancer the immune system would normally destroy. A cancer cure could have saved him, or at least kept him going longer.
>>
>>7800436
David Bowie
>>
The cure to gonnorhea is being suppressed. Prove me wrong.

The problem is that it's hard to prove you wrong because there's no proof that it's being suppressed to begin with.
>>
>>7798916

>Prove me wrong /sci/.

Prove yourself right dickwad

burden of proof...etc...etc

do I fucking got time for this shit like I'm gonna do research into conspiracies because of your post.

Fuckin asshole
>>
>>7800332
Yeah, they're all negative or small cherry picked examples of publication bias.
>>
underated
>>
Friendly reminder that all the subjects of CBD treatment for cancer died within 2 years of the treatment when used alone.
>>
>>7798916
I guess you should proof you're right first
>>
cancer was made to rid of u scum
>>
>>7798952

David Bowie
>>
http://nieuws.nl/algemeen/20140131/nederlandse-topman-bayer-kankermedicijn-alleen-voor-wie-het-kan-betalen/

Do the translation yourselves.
>>
>>7800431
Yes, that shouldn't lead to 0% chance of cancer and not all cancers are curable by switching organs.
Why don't presidents and royals get cancer?
>>
>>7802058
Because of sample sizes.

Only 14 US presidents have either died or taken office since WWII (which I'm assuming that this hypothetical cancer cure was at least not invented before); of those, only 9 have actually died yet.

At least two British monarchs have had life-threatening cancer since 1900: George VI had lung cancer, but died of coronary thrombosis first in 1952, and Edward VIII died in 1972 of throat cancer. There really haven't been enough royals since then to draw any kind of data.

With these kinds of sample sizes, a lack of cancer incidence is not even close to significant.
>>
>>7801400
I'm a fan of Bowie but I didn't know his death would have so much impact on the general public. It's like a bunch of my friends on a certain social media site were closet Bowie fans till his death. I had people still mourning his death like they lost their mother five days later.
>>
>>7801245
>Kid is constantly getting seizures
>Now he's taking cannabis oil
>He doesn't have even close to as much seizures

Sure is negative.
>>
>>7802255
>cherrypicking which part of his quote to use, ironically making yourself an example of what s/he's talking about
>>
File: 1391158138950.jpg (14KB, 318x284px) Image search: [Google]
1391158138950.jpg
14KB, 318x284px
>>7802272
>Being this dumb
>Not realizing his point is entirely inane and nonsensical

But anon, the /sci/ence.
>>
Think of cancer like corrupted data. It simply can't be un-corrupted.
>>
>>7802214
He had a huge overbearing presence that was beyond his music. Everyone knew him, and he was just part of everyday life. Hell, I know a number of people who say they don't like his music at all but still think he's the greatest.

A lot of people's reactions, I think, were about the fact that something that was a solid part of life growing up was suddenly ripped away. Bowie is no longer in the world, it's kind of strange. It would be as if Disney World was rapidly shut down permanently. Even people who never went or people who never thought about it for years would be mourning it, as it was always a present part of this world that existed.
>>
>>7798916
OP is a faggot. Prove me wrong /sci/.
>>
>>7798916
Yeah OP, I heard they also had a cure for virus as well.
>>
>>7801211
Gonorrhea can be cured tho, quite easily.
>>
File: 1452566117113.jpg (39KB, 663x491px) Image search: [Google]
1452566117113.jpg
39KB, 663x491px
>>7798916
We don't even understand cancer that well what the fuck are you talking about. Cancer isn't just one disease it's multiple different ones. I mean you can get cancer from a variety of agents and the reason its so fucking hard to treat is that it out competes your regular cells. In addition if its super very aggressive its even harder to treat because it can become resistant to the type of treatment you're getting. In addition if the cancer takes over your lymph nodes you are BEYOND fucked as now the tumor can release immuno- suppressants.

While it is hard to ignore that you do make a lot more money treating something cancer isn't like a bacterial infection. Its something that is very difficult to treat or to force into complete remission.
>>
>>7802374
Not super gonorrhea
>>
>>7802376
Cancer is very well understood. It is one disease with many faces caused by too much acidity in the blood that permits the cancer to out-compete regular cells. You can read about the success with alkalinization of the body in advanced stage 4-5 cancers in multiple clinical trials. Cannabinoids also work by naturally influencing the body to a more alkaline state.
>>
Billionaires dying of it.

I'm sure they have some turbo cleansing and their instant gourmet chefs that make magic food and that helps them deal with chemo better, but cancer is a bitch.
>>
File: 1450012116243.jpg (15KB, 476x345px) Image search: [Google]
1450012116243.jpg
15KB, 476x345px
Well:
1. the person who invented it would be the richest motherfucker alive if he chose so.
2. no one person would have invented it, rather a team. have you ever tried to keep a secret between more than 2 people? especially as one as monumental as curing cancer?
3. there's literally nothing to gain by hiding it
4. the implications of finding a way to cure cancer would have far reaching applications in other fields of medicine and would inevitably lead to cures of other major diseases.

in short, fuck off with conspiracy nonsense.
>>
>>7798952
Hugo motherfucking Chávez, 2013. Althought he may have not died directly from cancer, it played a huge role on his death.
>>
>>7802376

>We

Who is this we? Because as far as I know you're just some guy on the internet, and have nothing to do with any medical field.
>>
>>7798916
Well the cancer industry currently generates about 125 billion dollars a year. If we created a cheap and easy cure, that flow of cash could dry up. So to answer your question, there is an enormous amount of economic incentive to not solve cancer - at least not in a cheap and easy way.

If you have or know someone who has cancer, one of their best bets is to spend some time investigated cannabis oil or CBD oil (made from hemp, so you can get it in any state). I would not say it's the magic pill for all cancers, but it helps with a lot of them.
>>
>>7802581
it probably means "the human race"
it's a bold statement, lets see how the rest of 4chan takes it.
>>
>>7798916
One of my biggest criticisms of the cancer industry is the techniques they use. Basically, we have the following: cut, burn, poison. If they can cut the cancer out, they do (however for many types they can't). Another alternative is to burn you with radiation. And another is to poison you with chemo. Both chemo and radiation destroy fast divided cells which unfortunately means your immune system is going to be pretty fucked up. Problem with that is the only real cure for cancer is to beat it with your own immune system or it will come back. When you destroy your immune system (like with modern day treatments), your chances of being cancer free permanently becomes very low.
>>
>>7802597

An interesting study that was carried out in the US (although highly immoral) was when a cancer researcher took cancer cells from one patient and put it in another. The other cancer patient got that cancer. But when he put cancer cells in a healthy control patient, they got tumors but then the tumor shrank and dissapeared. This is because a healthy immune system can (and does all the time) fight off cancer. You NEED a strong immune system!!
>>
>>7802399
Shit, that's interesting. Do you have any links to studies that demonstrate cannbinoids helping the body create a more alkaline state?
>>
>>7802605
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23386598

This article discusses the in-vitro cannabinoid pH alteration of the human Ber-2 tumor cell line which can be extrapolated to the understanding of the acid/alkaline balance of natural physiology
>>
>>7802597
Do you think this is in any way news to the medical community?

You're constantly getting cancer but most clinically apparent cancers in addition to out-of-control replication develop very well established methods for evading the host immune system (for example, they express receptors that disable immune cells which are targeting them).

In addition, you're ignoring the selection of cancers that arise from the immune system itself (and are therefore immune privileged). Like leukemias and lymphomas, or multiple myeloma, for which in some cases you basically do have to wipe out the immune system and do a stem cell transplant to start over.
>>
Can someone explain to me how exactly cancer is so lethal.

I don't quite get how a growth inside you actually kills you rather than just being uncomfortable.
>>
>>7802640
Invasion of critical structures like the brain, heart, kidneys, liver that prevents them from performing their function.
Reroutes metabolism from critical systems stealing energy and critical supplies to build more tumor.
Massive bleeding from the tumor.
Formation of blood clots in dysregulated tumor tissue that travel to the brain, lungs, etc.

To name a few
>>
>>7798968
>>7799045
kekkekekekek
>>
>>7802633
No, I didn't say it was news. I just listed my criticisms.

I also find it odd that when you get a cancer diagnosis, your doctor doesn't go: Okay, well we need to get your immune system functioning at high capacity. Let me review your current medications to see if any of those impact your immune system and see if there are replacements that are more forgiving. You'll want to cut your sugar intake as a high sugar environment helps some types of cancer thrive. Let's see if your lifestyle is alkaline or acidic, because it should probably be slightly alkaline. Also, have you ever given fasting any thought? When you fast and then go off the fast, your body replaces its existing white blood cells with new white blood cells greatly boosting your immune system. Also, these herbs are known to boost your immune system.

Instead its like: here take these drugs that we knew hurts your immune system and maybe destroys your liver. Don't worry, we have more drugs that correct those problems, although they damage your kidneys. But there's more drugs for that. Good luck!
>>
>>7802849
You wouldn't find it odd if you knew some physiology and knew that the immune system isn't a goddamned CPU that can be overclocked

Your body fluids are tightly regulated to a small range of pH, the acid/base stuff is bullshit

The stuff you say about fasting and high blood sugar is bullshit

What you say about 'drugs' is bullshit (gosh, do all chemotherapeutics work the same way? i guess they do in retard land, which is where you live)
>>
>implying cancer is a single disease with a silver-bullet cure

Might as well talk about a cure for virus.
>>
>>7801172

Oh aren't you so clever
>>
>>7798916
>The cure to cancer is being suppressed. Prove me wrong /sci/.

There is no 'cure for cancer'. Cancer is an inherent part of human biology, and any possible treatment capable of permanently ending it is way, way out of the bounds of current technology.
>>
>>7798916

there is no such thing as 'the' cure for cancer, because there is no such thing as 'the' cancer, just like there are different drugs for different infections and not 'the' drug that cures 'the' infection.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.