[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which engineer course??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: MATH1B_1.jpg (710KB, 1275x1659px) Image search: [Google]
MATH1B_1.jpg
710KB, 1275x1659px
Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental, or Electrical?
>>
depends what you like.
be careful to find a job after studies. look for stats of employment ratio / wages in your country. i did chemical eng. would not have chosen it, if i had the choice now ( because of oil crisis)
>>
Looks like math is all about memorization after all...
>>
>>7797984
only if youre dumb
>>
File: 32860.gif (21KB, 600x321px) Image search: [Google]
32860.gif
21KB, 600x321px
I've been mostly considering chemical and environmental. I wouldn't mind traveling around the world after school considering relationships aren't too important right now.. Math is just the language of concepts.. memorization is important but it should come naturally to people who are interested in the material.
>>
ChemE, MechE and EE are the best options; pick what you like the most. Environmental Engineering is a meme, so don't do it.
>>
Mechanical is the most versatile
>>
File: Typical_State_Space_model.png (1KB, 382x154px) Image search: [Google]
Typical_State_Space_model.png
1KB, 382x154px
Control Systems (Mech+Elec)
>>
How brutal is the math in EE compared to ME?
Does EE cover more specific parts of physics compared to ME? Which topics?
If I were to work on anything related to aircraft what would an EE work on? How about the ME?
>>
>>7797967
Mech is versatile, you can always pivot in grad school.

Electrical makes sense if you know you want to work with electronics, computers, etc.

Chemical is all process work unless oil decides to unfuck its shit.

Environmental is low earning potential, but stable work. However I am willing to bet you could be hired for any position an environmental engineer takes (EHS and water quality are the only two coming to mind) as a mech.
>>
>>7799560
>how brutal is the math
Not that brutal. If you have the work ethic for one, you can handle the other. EE is slightly "mathier."
>which topics
EEs covers more electromagnetism, mech will be thermo and structures of materials
>aircraft related
EE means avionics, control, and communications systems
Mech means design, manufacturing, testing/mats.
>>
>>7799560
Personally, magnetism is my weakness but circuitry is my strength
>>
Not OP but how is Aerospace Engineering compared to EE and ME?
>>
>>7800587

Initial ASE that switched to EE here. ASE is the same as ME until junior/senior year; which is to say, its lame. ME is lame the whole way through, but I have some ASE friends and their senior year courses were fucking boss, Propulsion and Spacecraft Dynamics. My EE friends and I make jokes about how ME's don't McFucking kill themselves though, because of how shit the material is (See- Statics). Don't do ME, but ASE becomes cool. EE is cool if you like electromagnetics and things that essentially seem like wizardry, which I do. Circuts classes can be a real drag though, unless you're into it.

(Its all about what you're into)
>>
Environmental.
Do it for the memes.
>>
>>7797967
Cheat sheets are for the incompetent.
>>
>>7801068
>Circuts classes can be a real drag though

physicsbro here who is taking circuits from the engineering department this year (junior) because i thought circuit analysis was so much fun in e&m :D
>>
>>7797967

Genetic.
>>
>>7797967
Rectal
>>
>>7801068
>complain about circuits being hard
>will take electromagnetics
You're in for a ride, buddy
>>
organic chemical engineering is pretty darn great.
(synthesizing drugs, fuck yessss)
>>
File: 1450810074534.jpg (16KB, 421x416px) Image search: [Google]
1450810074534.jpg
16KB, 421x416px
>>7798459
mfw I'm studying this at this very moment. Z-transforms are pretty cool
>>
I'm having a really hard time deciding between EE and ME, please help/convince me. What are the job expectancies? I live in Paraguay but I'm going to Japan to study, want to aim for a good college.
>>
>>7801098
the point of cheat sheets is so that you can exclusively test a student's capacity for problem solving rather than their capacity for rote memorization.
>>
>>7801886
1. Do EE
2. Start a biz
3. Become a billionaire by 30
4. Cryonics
5. ???
6. PROFIT
>>
File: 1415845872996.jpg (85KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
1415845872996.jpg
85KB, 640x443px
>go ME because it's widely applicable and I like aviation
>develop an interest in electronics during my sophomore year
>at the same time not all that interested in things like material mechanics, also I'm fucking retarded at hands-on working with tools
>now minoring in electrical engineering, at least the first class will be piss-easy because I already took the non-EE electronics class

Best case scenario I'm in a good position for robotics and electro-mechanical systems while developing expertise in mechanical subfields I enjoy, while worst case I'll be an industry monkey making sure gears don't bend too much or some shit.

Or I'll be unemployable because I can't even cut it in the co-op program, that too.
>>
>>7801786
AC circuit analysis wasn't that easy to learn. Though once you got the hang of it it wasn't bad. Currently in my fields class though, so I am in for the ride.
>>
>>7797967
* major
>>
>>7797967
Environmental, faggot. It makes the big bucks and is very stable paying work.
>>
>>7797967
Chemical desu
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.